ME3 Multiplayer: I finally had to rage at someone

boag

Sep 13, 2010
RJ 17 said:
boag said:
Sometimes i wish i had not promoted my characters, it now takes me around 45 minutes to join a match because everyone starts kicking me for being a lvl 400+

Ill join in silver and Gold and Occasionally do a bronze when I just promoted a character back to lvl 1.

Also if people see me stay in one spot and completely outscore them by 10k, why the hell wont they re inforce my position and get kills?

There are several easy spots in the maps that will ensure enemies will spawn at certain points and funnel them into a kill zone, yet most of the random players I encounter seem eager to go Full Krogan and run around the map alone.

A particular incident where this became hilarious was in a silver match agaisnt get in Glacier base.

there is a certain spot where a well placed decoy will lure the get into an insta kill grab zone, and all you have to do is keep grabbing until the match is over.

I Ended up doing around 53 grab kills in this certain match, but no matter how many I did, a certain sniper would wander out of the kill zone we set up and get his ass killed in every round, after the 4th wave we just gave up on rezing him, and he took notice on the 9th one and just let himself get killed even when the extraction came up.

Ended kicking the guy.
:p yeah, I haven't "prestiged" any of my classes yet, and I certainly don't intend on doing so to my preferred classes (engineer and infiltrator). But I'll probably finish up my soldiers (currently lvl 17) and send them off to the single player, might do the same for vanguard and adept. The only reason I'd play either of those classes would be to have stasis as an Asari.......but the frickin' asari's dodge consumes her barrier! That's just lame, so I gave up on Stasis and decided to focus on frost blasts instead with my quarian engineer. I haven't even tried the Sentinels yet...from what I've heard they're really nothing to get a boner for. :p
Sentinels are the red mages of the game, if anything the most useful one is the turian for having high HP, High DEF and being able to spam overload and warp.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
Why the hell is the Krogan using a Sniper Rifle and a SMG? Depending on the Classes for Krogan(Soldier or Sentinel) you would never worry about power recharge because you are supposed to be a massive destructive tank. Hell a Krogan's melee can OHKO most enemies, I mean damn.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
What is it with the Krogans? (well the people using them) every match I've played that had a Krogan on the team ended with me swearing!

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Kalezian said:
Andy Shandy said:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I try and play multiplayer with friends whenever possible. I think I would've had pretty much had the exact same reaction. And I assume you were playing as an Asari Adept, if so then, good choice, I love playing as them.

this.

on XBL I try to play with friends or friends of friends as often as possible for the op's exact reason.

People not knowing how to play their character.

What makes me rage though is when Im playing a Quarian and going against the Geth. Im spec'd to have the best possible geth hack bonuses, so believe me when I say I get a bit more than pissed when someone thinks the GIANT GLOWING GETH PRIME WHO ISN'T SHOOTING AT THEM IS THE TOP PRIORITY INSTEAD OF THE FOUR GETH PYRO'S AROUND HIM.
well, you can only hack the Prime 3 times, and the pyros go down super fast, so yes the Prime is a Priority, unless you have a Salarian engie that can rape its shit in 10 seconds.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
boag said:
Sentinels are the red mages of the game, if anything the most useful one is the turian for having high HP, High DEF and being able to spam overload and warp.
Sentinels are actually pretty good if you play them a certain way. For the humans, ignore the shield and spam warp and throw and you are a biotic explosion machine. The Krogan can actually be an asset if played right as they can one shot most enemies. Some people just don't play the class in a smart way.

boag said:
Sometimes i wish i had not promoted my characters, it now takes me around 45 minutes to join a match because everyone starts kicking me for being a lvl 400+
This happens to me too, what's the deal with that?

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Kalezian said:
boag said:
Kalezian said:
Andy Shandy said:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I try and play multiplayer with friends whenever possible. I think I would've had pretty much had the exact same reaction. And I assume you were playing as an Asari Adept, if so then, good choice, I love playing as them.

this.

on XBL I try to play with friends or friends of friends as often as possible for the op's exact reason.

People not knowing how to play their character.

What makes me rage though is when Im playing a Quarian and going against the Geth. Im spec'd to have the best possible geth hack bonuses, so believe me when I say I get a bit more than pissed when someone thinks the GIANT GLOWING GETH PRIME WHO ISN'T SHOOTING AT THEM IS THE TOP PRIORITY INSTEAD OF THE FOUR GETH PYRO'S AROUND HIM.
well, you can only hack the Prime 3 times, and the pyros go down super fast, so yes the Prime is a Priority, unless you have a Salarian engie that can rape its shit in 10 seconds.

it was more of a "ohmigosh, teh PRIME IS GLOWING, I MUST IMMEDIATELY DESTROY IT BEFORE IT CAN DO ANYTHING USEFUL. I AM SMARTEST PLAYER EVAR!"

going back to 1, I try to play with friends more than anything.
Like I said, do you have a Salarian Engie in your group?

If you anwser is no, then the Prime needs to get wrecked as fast as possible, yes this includes it being under sabotage.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Kalezian said:
Salarian Engineer

sniper

Black Widow
Why do people do this?

Seriously? Why?

I know the Widow is a cool weapon and all, but why put it on an Engie or Adept or character that requires fast cool downs to use his skills to the max?

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Talking of multiplayer, what's the relation between it and galactic readiness? I've played about 7 games and it hasn't budged. Do you have to play a certain amount, or play at at least Silver or what?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
boag said:
RJ 17 said:
boag said:

Ill join in silver and Gold and Occasionally do a bronze when I just promoted a character back to lvl 1.

Also if people see me stay in one spot and completely outscore them by 10k, why the hell wont they re inforce my position and get kills?

There are several easy spots in the maps that will ensure enemies will spawn at certain points and funnel them into a kill zone, yet most of the random players I encounter seem eager to go Full Krogan and run around the map alone.

A particular incident where this became hilarious was in a silver match agaisnt get in Glacier base.

there is a certain spot where a well placed decoy will lure the get into an insta kill grab zone, and all you have to do is keep grabbing until the match is over.

I Ended up doing around 53 grab kills in this certain match, but no matter how many I did, a certain sniper would wander out of the kill zone we set up and get his ass killed in every round, after the 4th wave we just gave up on rezing him, and he took notice on the 9th one and just let himself get killed even when the extraction came up.

Ended kicking the guy.
:p yeah, I haven't "prestiged" any of my classes yet, and I certainly don't intend on doing so to my preferred classes (engineer and infiltrator). But I'll probably finish up my soldiers (currently lvl 17) and send them off to the single player, might do the same for vanguard and adept. The only reason I'd play either of those classes would be to have stasis as an Asari.......but the frickin' asari's dodge consumes her barrier! That's just lame, so I gave up on Stasis and decided to focus on frost blasts instead with my quarian engineer. I haven't even tried the Sentinels yet...from what I've heard they're really nothing to get a boner for. :p
Yeah I thought about playing the turian because of the warp/overload combo (that's really why Miranda was one of my favorite squadmates in ME 2: she had both those powers). Buuuuuut still, I like my Quarian Engineer for my caster class...put my shiny new Carnifex on her and good god with the frickin' cooldowns! Just throwing fire and ice ALL OVER the battlefield! :p

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
I've been playing on ps3 and I have had a fantastic time with it mostly. No mics, so the idiots don't yell.

But I am sorry you had to experience this, rage is incredibly infectious, especially when the multiplayer is as fair and yet challenging as it is in ME3

Dec 14, 2009
boag said:
Kalezian said:
Salarian Engineer

sniper

Black Widow
Why do people do this?

Seriously? Why?

I know the Widow is a cool weapon and all, but why put it on an Engie or Adept or character that requires fast cool downs to use his skills to the max?
I know right?

I'm sick of seeing the 'spellcaster' classes with weapons that weigh a megafucktonne.

I had an adept in my party yesterday, who barely used her powers, but she had a Widow, so you know, it was totally worth not being able to use biotics every few seconds so she could pick off one enemy every 10 seconds while my Quarian was actually using her abilities and one shotting mooks every 3 seconds with the huge Cloak boost to sniping.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
OP: I HAD A TERRIBLE TIME IN A MULTIPLAYER MATCH!

Me: And you expected... What, exactly?

I mean, I play TF2. I play WoW. I play Combat Arms. I regularly have shitty multiplayer/pvp matches where people say it's my fault and they were the ones who caused the problem. You just gotta deal with it. Most people under the cloak of anonymity (you can't actually see their face or look them in the eye) will act like assholes. Just know the basic rule of multiplayer games:

1. If they're better than you, they spend too much time on the game.
2. If they're worse than you, they're a noob.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The_Waspman said:
The one thing that does annoy me though, is in wave 11, after repeated warnings, there is sometimes that one player who just wont even bother heading to the extraction point. I mean, its not hard to fall back when the timer hits 30 seconds, right? Unless your surrounded by Geth Pyro's or those frigging ravagers, 30 seconds is easily long enough to hold out, right?
I have now realised that 15 seconds is not long enough to run out, revive the person who decided holding the line wasn't their thing, and run back again. I ended up just outside the zone as the timer hit 0. (They ended up trying to take on a geth prime in melee combat. Perhaps I should have left them)

Thus far I've found people on silver to be good at sticking together (usually two teams of two). Bronze is always hilarious though, if only because wading into hordes of enemies to rescue stranded and downed team-mates is kinda fun.

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
Eh, the idiots I can deal with. Being unable to see ping or location? Now thats a problem. For all I know I'm investing my consumables in a match where the host is based in Pasadina or Vladivostok and the lag will make it utterly unplayable for me so I'll have to leave. And lose my stuff. And the team will lose a body and have that much harder of a time. Seriously, this game needs the abilty to at least see your ping and ideally restrict what country the hosts you're searching for will be (and on the other side, people who connect to your game). No offense people outside of Western Europe, but I really don't want to play with you on a game with player hosting. Because theres lag. Oh so much lag.