Medal of Honor Sales Are Not Amazing

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Well it's not Medal of Honor. It's a Battlefield BC remake, and a bad one at that.

If it was a bit more original gameplay wise, I might've considered buying it.

freedomweasel

Sep 24, 2010
EcksTeaSea said:
"In this ultra competitive category, Medal of Honor stands out from the pack. By portraying the Tier 1 Operator as so elite, so tough, Medal of Honor offers a view into a world that has the power to resonate with FPS gamers everywhere."

Oh yeah very elite and tough. So tough that my guy can't climb up a ledge without the help of someone.
No kidding, everyone in the freaking game jumps up these ledges and is all "oh shit, we left the player behind." There was one point where your teammate boosts you up a ledge, I got up and turned around, figuring I'd have to help him up.. but no, he's climbing up already. Really bugged me.

Anyway, I enjoy the game and I'm excited about the DLC, I hadn't heard about it before.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
The singleplayer was really hectic and fun, it kept the realism but it still had some "Woah" moments, not so try hard as MW2 or Bad Company 2.

Though the multiplayer wasn't much to brag about.

cannonfodder666

Apr 16, 2009
Having recently bought and played the game. it does fall flat on its face compaired to COD.

The main problems i am having with the game are the support NPC's retarded AI, namely walking thru CLOSED doors ,getting stuck in walls or enemys always being alerted on stealth missions for no reason!

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Released a month before Black Ops, near enough copied CoD, are we really surprised it hasn't sold well?

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
I feel a little sorry for them, but then again I don't
In fact this should show them to keep working on Battlefield games and Bad Company 2 DLC !

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Suskie said:
Bretty said:
Why people would want to mimick CoD:MW I have no idea.
You're not giving it much thought, are you?

I rented it and just finished the single-player campaign. It wasn't bad at all, but not nearly as pretty, smooth, polished or intense as the Call of Duty games are. It's worth a rental if you're into this sort of thing, but yeah, those 1.5 million copies will pale in comparison to what Black Ops is shaping up to push.
Actually I have given it a lot of thought...

Corohan

Mar 11, 2010
Now let's hope Star Wars: The Old Republic will fail too so that we can say goodbye to EA.

TheMoatMonster

Dec 15, 2008
I'm not surprised at all. The moment you announce that you're trying to take on a huge name, you've already shot yourself in the foot. Look at all those 'WoW beaters'.

Show me a screenshot this and then show me a screenshot of MW and I'd swear they were both from the same game. Perhaps if they'd tried a cartoony graphics style and added a big, badly shouty Russian man as a character it would have stood out more.