Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
adorable. Listen, telling people to "fuck off" is not having a backbone, calling people out, nor telling it how it is. There is precisely ONE way to describe that: petulant. It's the kind of thing thin-skinned, insecure hacks resort to when they have to deal with criticism and have no actual argument. Congrats Fox, you just gave people ammo to use against you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ah, I see she went to the XBone School of Defense. "Don't have a stable/strong internet connection? Fuck off."

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
razer17 said:
To be fair, if I was as rich as her I wouldn't care what some nerds like me thought either.
yes but there is much better ways of going about it
http://i.imgur.com/DyHXd.jpg

and yea not going to go see the movie did not care to even if it looked good, but Im still going to say the turtles look fucking ugly.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
As much as I hate to say she's not wrong, and she's not, that's kind of a shitty way to treat fans of anything really. It's making me not want to go see the movie even more. If I think it's going to be bad I won't watch it. An ex made me watch Amazing Spiderman 1, and Transformers 3 in theaters because he thought it would be fun to laugh at the bad movie. Anyway, yes, not everyone will like your work, but people also yave good reasons, and points as to way; points you can learn from.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
... She's not wrong though.

People ***** and moan about films and then they make oodles of cash, now a large portion of viewers don't give a fuck about how it betrays established lore, whether it is canon or anything else ... all they want to see is "dem splosions!" and loads of action scenes.

To be honest, that is all I want. I watched the turtles as a kid and I don't remember 90% of what went on ... I can't even tell you which turtle is which. I just want a decent way to kill 2 hours.

Speaking of killing time, when it become industry standard to be 2.5 hours long? I remember when it was an unwritten rule that films = 90 mins ... now my butt is going numb and I am thinking "this has been going a really long time. How much is left?"

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
I can't really get mad at the new film. I've no intention of seeing it. If I want Turtles that appeal to my tastes, well, I'll just keep reading the new IDW series spear-headed by none other than Kevin Eastman himself.

And you know what else? I may not enjoy Bay-verse turtles, but someone else might. Plus, if that gets them interested in other incarnations of the franchise, cool.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
You know, I actually understand her feelings. When you get as much crap as she does, it's understandable that you'd want to tell people to sod off.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Alex Co said:
The panel, which not only included Fox but also co-star Will Arnett, director Jonathan Liebesman and a number of writers and producers, was asked how they felt about some of the film's backlash against fans.
Shouldn't that be "the fans' backlash against the film"? I mean, I know there are some who would go as far as to suggest the film exists solely to offend certain peoples' sensibilities, but I think that's probably a stretch.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
BigTuk said:
Really megan, really?

Well , if that's your answer.. I mean i was gonna try the movie (not in theatres but when it came out on DVD) but if that's you're attitude I'll wait till it hits network cable.

I mean you know a film may have problems when an actress starts acting like that. I mean Marvel certainly hasn't had that problem with say...Guardians of the Galaxy... which kicked ass.

Seriously though I think people sorta missed.. I mean the turtles look bloody huge.. Should be called Teenage Mutant Pro-Wrestler Turtles.
Id watch the goddamn shit out of that film

OT: I feel like the Transformers series is popular enough that for every person criticizing it, theres another 5 who just really like that kind of thing, so not all the people who say they dont like the series have necessarily watched it all the way to the end.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Wait... Megan Fox likes Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing... she suddenly seems a whole lot more human.

Oh wait, a large chunk of the Gundam community doesn't like Wing, yay, I suppose they'll use this as some sort of insult.

I get it, to many pretty boys, but the politics were interesting and the Gundam designs were banging!

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!!!!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The irony here is that the "haters" are mostly TMNT fans who don't like what Bay's done with them. And no, I won't be going to see it. Maybe a year or two down the line as a rental or something...

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain - they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it - and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that.As much as I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress, this is just straight from the horse's mouth.

I can appreciate this level of honesty.
Also kind of goes in line with Bob's video he did about him recently. Its not Michael Bay or Megan Fox that is the problem. Its the audience going and making his movies giant successes that are the problem. I kind of feel sorry for the two at this point with as much hate as they get. Hell Megan Fox has done the one thing I probably would've done to many paparazzi members by now. Even though it sounds like the movie is bad (judging solely from Bob's twitter) Fox earned a few respect points from me today.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Can't disagree with her. I'm pretty burned out on the internet culture of hate and whatever target it looks for each week. Not good PR of course....which is why I like her refreshing honesty for a change. Nice to let the movie stand on its own merits, and suffer for its own failures, without having a million angry internet haters prejudging.

And for the record, I'm fully expecting the movie to be awful, absolutely awful. (yes, I admit I am prejudging it. But in my defense I've never liked TMNT so I have no bone in this anyway)

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Zontar said:
How is she still getting work again, and why should we care about what she has to say on the matter? And why the hell does Fox want HER of all people to star in a sailor moon movie?
Yeah, I thought the same thing. That is until I realized that the name, Fox, is referring to Megan Fox and not 20th Century Fox. So don't worry about it.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
omega 616 said:
... She's not wrong though.

People ***** and moan about films and then they make oodles of cash, now a large portion of viewers don't give a fuck about how it betrays established lore, whether it is canon or anything else ... all they want to see is "dem splosions!" and loads of action scenes.

To be honest, that is all I want. I watched the turtles as a kid and I don't remember 90% of what went on ... I can't even tell you which turtle is which. I just want a decent way to kill 2 hours.

Speaking of killing time, when it become industry standard to be 2.5 hours long? I remember when it was an unwritten rule that films = 90 mins ... now my butt is going numb and I am thinking "this has been going a really long time. How much is left?"
yeah she is. if this was just the fan boys bitching a year or two ago based on leaked scripts and rumors of casting and the knowledge that it isn't exactly like their beloved nostalgic property, than she would have a point.

But this is 5 fucking days before the film releases. We have all seen the cherry picked dolled up trailers. All of them. We have seen the interviews. We have seen the polished marketing materials trying to sell us on the new concept of the movie. AND IT LOOKS LIKE A STEAMING PILE OF DOG SHIT. Particularly telling is the SDCC cast and creators panel on the next season of the TV show looks 1000x better than anything presented for the movie. IT LOOKS LIKE DOG SHIT. At this point in things the fans are no longer basing their opinions on rumor innuendo and the hating. They are basing them on the informed targeted marketing materials that Ms Fox's bosses are publicly putting out. The fans are allowed to take issue when the trailers look awful. They are allowed to point this out to friends and family and even internet discussion groups. When the absolute best of this movie looks like those trailers (note Ms. Fox's wonderful delivery of the only few lines they allowed to be seen in the trailer. Red Flag anyone?) then we can typically safely assume that the bulk of it looks like the Dennis Hopper Bob Hoskins Super Mario Brothers.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
She does have a point. If you complain about a film and go and see it anyway, you're kind of a hypocrite imo. I saw the first Transformers, was disappointed and so haven't bothered with any of the others even with the lure of the dinobots. Catch me once, shame on you. Catch me twice, shame on me.