Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Nokturos said:
You don't like pandering horse shit? Well, fuck you!
She's got a point. A lot of the people who bitched about T4 did so opening night. They paid their money, got in line, and bitched.

And whether she intended for this commentary or not, the point remains that if you help make a movie big and then complain that the people behind it make more movies, you're part of the problem.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Granted, the point might have been better taken from someone who isn't terrible, but hell. Even then, there's a point. For all the pissing and moaning, Fox probably has enough money that she could hunt humans for sport. At least in the libertarian states.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
BigTuk said:
Really megan, really?

Well , if that's your answer.. I mean i was gonna try the movie (not in theatres but when it came out on DVD) but if that's you're attitude I'll wait till it hits network cable.

I mean you know a film may have problems when an actress starts acting like that. I mean Marvel certainly hasn't had that problem with say...Guardians of the Galaxy... which kicked ass.

Seriously though I think people sorta missed.. I mean the turtles look bloody huge.. Should be called Teenage Mutant Pro-Wrestler Turtles.
It now sounds funny whenever I say, "I mean..." - thanks for that. :p

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I wasn't optimistic about the movie before. But if this is the amount of 'care' the the lead actress has in on it I wont be throwing my money at this pile of shit.

The only reason Transformers 4 was successful is - China.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
She has a point: the people who complain the loudest are the ones who are paying to see it.

Listen, guys! If you hate TMNT, pay to get into Guardians, and sneak into the TMNT theatre! It's the only way!

marurder said:
The only reason Transformers 4 was successful is - China.
And idiots like me who just wanted to see how bad it could really be. I should've paid to get into... um... oh, gee. I guess the fact that it was the only blockbuster release at the time doesn't hurt it any.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Is this sad and tasteless? Heck yea. But annoyingly enough, it rings true as well. How much do you want to bet this movie will make a truckload of monies

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Well... She KIND OF has a point. Kind of.

People knew what kind of movies Michael Bay makes and complained when he was announced for Transformers.
Transformers was a box office hit. People complained about the movie and about the fact that there was to be a sequel.
Transformers 2 was a box office hit. People complained about the movie and about the fact that there was to be a sequel.
Transformers 3 was a box office hit. People complained about the movie and about the fact that there was to be a sequel.
Transformers 4 was a box office hit.

For all of the complaining that people do these movies STILL make a TON of money, and none have scored below 6.0 on IMBD. With all of this hate from so many people (Though it is mostly from the internet so that does skew things) you'd think the movies would make less and less money as they went on, but no, from what it seems even the people who vehemently trash the movies go to see every new one that comes out.

Which isn't to say that I think the movies are good, at least not all of them. Of the first three that I saw the first one was the only completely solid one, and though the other two certainly had their moments (The fight inside the collapsing skyscraper, for instance), they were pretty mediocre on the whole.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
That's okay. Megan Fox is entitled to her opinion.

And as someone who hasn't watched any of the Transformers movies aside from the first one (and did that ever teach me my lesson) and won't be seeing the new TMNT movie, I feel free to express my opinion- Megan Fox is vapid, untalented and abrasive, and only contributes to a movie's box office take by drawing in immature young men who want to stare at her chest on the big screen for a couple of hours.

And if she doesn't like that, she can fuck off.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
faefrost said:
No, the people on the internet are acting the way you are describing. The average Joe on the street has probably seen the trailers and thought that looks awesome, then will go and watch it.

The internet isn't the be all and end all of everything. A shit load of people call the internet home but even more don't, they watch a very small portion of tv and spend the rest of the time with friends, partying etc. They don't spend hours online talking on forums or watching every interview or every trailer, a friend might show them it on youtube.

I overheard a conversation at work in which two of the people I just described, were praising all the transformers films and how great they were. People on the internet think the transformers films are as you say "fucking dog shit" (which by the way has to be a youtube comment 'cos it's useless for describing anything, might as well just say "it's bad") but the average Joe thinks it's great and so far it's made $302 million at the tail end of June.

So you and the internet can hate it for all you're worth but people do exist outside of the internet who think the stuff you don't like is great.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Zontar said:
How is she still getting work again, and why should we care about what she has to say on the matter? And why the hell does Fox want HER of all people to star in a sailor moon movie?
The article means Megan Fox, not the media conglomerate Fox, wants Megan Fox to star in a Sailor Moon movie.

D YellowMadness

Mar 9, 2010
Michael Bay made a movie that's basically a giant Fuck you to people who actually like Ninja Turtles & then she told all of the "haters" to fuck off if they have a problem with it. That's completely hypocritical. You'd have to hate Ninja Turtles & Transformers to wanna change it that much. Michael Bay & Megan Fox are the haters. They seem to obsessively hate Transformers, Ninja Turtles, everyone who likes those things, & everyone who doesn't like bad movies.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
I wish she would fuck off and get out of my movies, or all movies for that matter. :<
This.

So not only does this glorified model who can't act destroy the movies she stars in, she childishly tells off anyone who is well within their rights to dismiss the garbage she stars in. AFTER she also already called Michael Bay "Hitler", ostensibly.

Two-faced much? She -clearly- has no self-awareness.

D YellowMadness said:
Michael Bay made a movie that's basically a giant F*ck you to people who actually like Ninja Turtles & then she told all of the "haters" to f*ck off if they have a problem with it. That's completely hypocritical. You'd have to hate Ninja Turtles & Transformers to wanna change it that much. Michael Bay & Megan Fox are the haters. They seem to obsessively hate Transformers, Ninja Turtles, everyone who likes those things, & everyone who doesn't like bad movies.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Seriously. Massive creds to you, sir.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
PrinceOfShapeir said:
Can we all please stop with spelling curses with stars in it? This is the internet, everyone knows what you're saying, and there aren't any filters here. And it makes you look frankly childish and unprofessional. She said fuck, not f*ck.
I fucking agree.

OT: I would agree with her if people could choose to pay AFTER seeing the movie.

D YellowMadness

Mar 9, 2010
Kyber said:
PrinceOfShapeir said:
Can we all please stop with spelling curses with stars in it? This is the internet, everyone knows what you're saying, and there aren't any filters here. And it makes you look frankly childish and unprofessional. She said fuck, not f*ck.
I fucking agree.

OT: I would agree with her if people could choose to pay AFTER seeing the movie.
Oh. I forgot typing it uncensored is allowed here.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I don't really care. I never really cared about Ms. Fox one way or another and didn't bother with any of the transformers movies after I walked out halfway through the first one.

I might watch TMNT on DVD/netflix someday. Right now I don't care.

And there are plenty of people who are going to see all of these movies no matter what I think and will make them blockbuster hits.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I wonder which finishing school Ms Fox attended? Are all ladies from the colonies this classy?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
In their defense, you have to see a movie to criticize it.

You say how bad a movie it was, and someone asks: "did you see it" and you reply, "hell no", it kinda discredits your criticism.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
While finding myself in agreement with Ms Fox is causing me all kinds of internal conflict, I have to say I am 100% behind her on this one.

The people who are shouting this film down are haters, it isn't criticism, it's hate. Why do I say this? Because the damn film isn't out yet. Yes the trailer has left me somewhat sceptical about the film but anyone who judges a film by it's trailer alone is an idiot. As for those people saying "Its a Michael Bay film therefore it must be awful", he isn't directing it, he is only a producer and Jonathan Liebesman, the actual director, while not holding a stellar record, is still enough of an untested entity that it is worth keeping an open mind here.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm sorry the many years of history behind this series that predates her comment to make it of any worth.

Despite this, I agree with her to a point:
If you don't like the idea of this movie don't fucking support it. It's not that hard people, don't watch it in theaters, don't buy the discs.

The excuse doesn't work "I just HAVE to see how bad it is!" No, you don't, go watch something good. Or take up a hobby that isn't wasting your time and supporting a shitty movie with your money.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
The trouble with comparing TMNT to Transformers, is Transformers is supposed to be nothing but big over-the-top explosive action. TMNT is supposed to be a lot more subtle than that with smaller-scale over-the-top martial arts. Yet from the trailers alone (which should only show some of the less exciting scenes) this looks even more explosive than the Transformers movies.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with enjoying these kinds of movies at all. The issue is that this really isn't what TMNT is supposed to be, whether people enjoy it or not.