Microsoft Not Done With Master Chief

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Mask of 1000 Faces said:
They're never going to be done with MC. He's going to be squeezed to death just like Sonic.

*weary sigh*
Yeah I was surprised that this was news.

What's the next article going to be. "Nintendo to support Mario."

I'm pretty sure as things stand:

Nintendo has Mario
Microsoft has Master Chief
Sony has Kratos (Ok to be fair he existed thousands of years before Sony...but lets not split hairs).

If any of these companies support the character after the word has...it's not news...it's sort of a give-in.

---

That said I'm actually kind of interested in Halo Wars, my interest for Halo as an FPS died about 50% of the way through Halo 2 and was cealed by the end of Halo 2 :p. Or really about the time they introduced the Flood, the game was very creative up till the flood.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
They are going to milk this cash cow for all its worth huh? They should do a collaboration game including Master Chief, Solid Snake, Captain MacMillon, Sonic, Mario, Pikachu and Gaz. That would be an epic game.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
When they say "Not done with Master Chief", they mean that he will appear in the background of Halo:ODST for a split second.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
joystickjunki3 said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
I hope they mean in a Marathon remake.
Why would they mean that?
Am I mistaken in thinking that the Halo series is basically a prelude to the Marathon series?
Yes, for one thing Marathon explicitly states that the Pfhor are the first alien race humanity has come in contact with (and this is in the year 2794, nearly 3 centuries after first contact with the Covenant). And the UESC has no form of faster-than-light travel besides long range teleport which requires a receiver.

I've played it recently.

BoredKellon

Jan 11, 2008
I don't care if they bring him back, as long as they let him sit for a while, Bungie was at least gracious enough to wait three years between release (by that pattern we have a year and a half left). So far it's been a good flow, I felt each sequel came along at just the right time. If MGS is planning on making a Halo 4 though I think they'd better wait it out even longer as anything beyond a trilogy can be overwhelming if done too quickly. Especially when you consider that they are making a Halo 3 expansion soon to be released, and the recent release of Halo Wars, don't want to drown the Halo fans.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Sooo... I'm confused. If you really don't want to see anymore master chief or halo spinoffs... why don't you just not purchase them?

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
lizards said:
i really hope they arent thinking of milking halo for more after osdt halo wars (playing right now BUNGIE FIX THE GOD DAMN THRID MISSION WHERE THEY RUSH BANSHEES)
I can't believe I'm the first person to point this out, but there aren't any air units in the third mission. It's underground, remember? Perhaps you mean the fourth, where the banshees are easy to take out with your hornets. Park them between ship 1&2 and move them when you need them.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Am I mistaken in thinking that the Halo series is basically a prelude to the Marathon series?
Yes, for one thing Marathon explicitly states that the Pfhor are the first alien race humanity has come in contact with (and this is in the year 2794, nearly 3 centuries after first contact with the Covenant). And the UESC has no form of faster-than-light travel besides long range teleport which requires a receiver.

I've played it recently.
Possibly retro-active? Most sources I've looked up online agree w/ me that Halo is either a prelude or a sequel of some sort. I'm not the authority on the connection, though.

EDIT: For the record, I didn't do extensive research on this. I just looked it up after you said I was wrong.

cannot_aim

Dec 18, 2008
(sigh) I was hoping we could be done with Halo, O well if they put a good effort into the single player and story this time around I might consider it if not well then I will take my friends copy and throw it in a fire.

meglathon

Oct 9, 2008
I think it a good ideal, but maybe I am alone in this. Look the Master Chief is an icon to console games the one that broth console shooter to the mainstream now if his is to come back it would only be for the best in my opinion since I like the story and the character and the book. So that that and no he?s not sonic he?s the Master Chief.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
joystickjunki3 said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Yes, for one thing Marathon explicitly states that the Pfhor are the first alien race humanity has come in contact with (and this is in the year 2794, nearly 3 centuries after first contact with the Covenant). And the UESC has no form of faster-than-light travel besides long range teleport which requires a receiver
I've played it recently.
Possibly retro-active? Most sources I've looked up online agree w/ me that Halo is either a prelude or a sequel of some sort. I'm not the authority on the connection, though.
There are alot of implications that Halo is the precursor to the Marathon series, and it's rather interesting to see all the little hints and that that would make you think it is, but Bungie isn't saying anything on it.