Johnnyallstar said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
joystickjunki3 said:
I hope they mean in a Marathon remake.
Why would they mean that?
Am I mistaken in thinking that the Halo series is basically a prelude to the Marathon series?
Yes, for one thing Marathon explicitly states that the Pfhor are the first alien race humanity has come in contact with (and this is in the year 2794, nearly 3 centuries after first contact with the Covenant). And the UESC has no form of faster-than-light travel besides long range teleport which requires a receiver
I've played it recently.
Possibly retro-active? Most sources I've looked up online agree w/ me that Halo is either a prelude or a sequel of some sort. I'm not the authority on the connection, though.
There are alot of implications that Halo is the precursor to the Marathon series, and it's rather interesting to see all the little hints and that that would make you think it is, but Bungie isn't saying anything on it.
Alright, I can accept that. My bad. But all the same, it seems to me that it could be argued in either direction.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
So much hate in this thread. I'm getting bloody tired of the bandwagon of "hate it because it's popular". If you don't like it, and don't want to see it, don't buy it and let the rest of us enjoy our damn game in peace.

'Not done with him' could be anything from an appearance in ODST to another book.

SP MeaslyBinkie

Aug 27, 2008
I think they might to do a prequel before the original,a game where you play as Sgt Johnson or maybe a Marathon remake and I think the only one Bungie would develop would be the Marathon remake since they have said "they" are not making any more "Halo" games but who knows maybe will make one.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
joystickjunki3 said:
Alright, I can accept that. My bad. But all the same, it seems to me that it could be argued in either direction.
I believe Bungie stated once that Marathon and Halo are not related, if I find the link I'll post it. They're similar, nothing more.

UNSC = UESC
Spartan = Battleroid
Covenant = Pfhor (they even both have the rebellion that helps the humans out)

Anyway, I would love a Marathon remake, the story is so compelling but I hate Doom-era shooters.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I know it's going to suck but...I love Halo, and want more. I loved the games and thought the books were great, specially The Fall of Reach.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Halo Unleashed anyone?
I was going to say "Were-Spartan, anyone?" Do believe I was beaten to it, though.

Either way, I do not want to see another Halo. I liked the first 3 a bit, and I really don't want to see the chief become another Sonic.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
adding more stuff into the halo franchise seems good...but they better have a good story to back it up
it would have been better if they could let us fight as some other spartan against the covenant

Sweep117

Jan 27, 2009
I'm a huge Halo fan but even I think another Halo may be a bad idea. I doubt Bungie would release a Halo 4 but then again...
If you beat Halo 3 on Legendary, you would've seen the extra few seconds of cinematics that shows 117's ship coming up on a dark, evil-looking planet. Obviously Bungie never had any intention of letting go of the Master Chief. They essentially told us in the end of their game!
No, the news is not a surprise. Yes, it does cause my "Microsoft Points" to "lose morale." I think Bungie and Microsoft should leave the Halo series to the books. (As long as they get Eric Nylund to write more. His Halo stories are rivaled by none.) You have endless possibilities with the books and they cost much less to produce.

EDIT: I sounded really harsh there... If another Halo game does come out, I will buy it and I can guarantee you I will love it. I love the story too damn much not to. I just think they should quit while they're ahead. Just because I'll follow Bungie off a cliff doesn't mean everyone will.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Hopefully, they mean as in cameos, or in a prequel form.
The Chief is a soldier, and has no place in times of peace, so it's best his final fate is left unknown.
Medic Heavy said:
*Looks at "Finish the Fight" poster

so?.....The fight isn't over?

I'm reallly, really confused right now.
Yes, the "Fight" was "Finish"-ed.
The Covenant fell apart after the Hierarchs were all killed, so their campaign against humanity is over.
The Flood threat was neutralized (at least locally), so no more worries about a squishy, infected Earth.
It's only the Chief's story that has an open ending.
Trivun said:
Also, with the Master Chief and Cortana drifting to an unknown planet (according to the after credits bit on Legendary), there has been fan speculation that the planet may well be Onyx (a place featured heavily in the novel Ghosts of Onyx, set during the events of Halo 3). Have Bungie or Microsoft released any information yet regarding that?
Who knows?
Maybe he found the Forerunner planet and he's now living like a god as their "Reclaimer."

SmoothGlover

Dec 3, 2008
Lot of talk about MC becoming the new Sonic, lets not forget that Sonic has a fair few years on Master Chief not to mention releases. Not to mention the fact that Sonic has been put through some god-awful games, (lets not even think about this Black Knight thing coming up...) i do think that even if MGS used MC again the concept would not be squandered and the game would follow the format that has attracted its following (FPS + Multiplayer).

Besides all of this, i reckon some people have already hit the nail on the head saying that he will appear in a non-playable way (Books, NPC etc).

PezNic

Jan 7, 2009
Personally i think the next halo game should be a PC(cant stress that part enough) space rts similar to the homeworld games. Space battles have only ever really been explored through the books sofar and i personally love the idea of space rts's, the two factions' spacecraft have already been fleshed out within the halo universe through mostly the books and the original halo series so there would not be a need to invent units like they did in halo wars.

Besides i believe that its time MC was put to rest. They've fleshed his character out enough within the halo universe, would much prefer they focus on other preferably non-spartan characters. When playing the trilogy it always seemed as if the entire UNSC was completely incompetent and I (as MC) would have to litterally do everything which i thought was somewhat tiresome. Hearing the news of Halo 3:ODST was alot more exciting to me than the news of Halo 3 itself as firstly, the ODSTs are badass, and because finally we aren't playing as some genetically enhanced super soldier fighting the war entirely by ourselves. They have even stated that playing as the rookie will be somewhat different than MC in that he wont be as strong, fast or have energy shields/motion tracker. Atlast something refreshingly different ^_^

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I wait with baited breath for:
Halo Racing
Halo Party
Halo 4: The Flood (AGAIN!)
Halo 5: The Drought
Halo 6: The Seven Plagues of Middle Earth.
Halo 7: Fuck it, it's the Covenant again.