Microsoft Not Jumping on the HD Remake Bandwagon

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
dogstile said:
Torrasque said:
josemlopes said:
TitanAtlas said:
Yeah the only HD they did, they ended ruining the game... Conker bad fur day... and in theyre ignorence after ruining the game they decided to cancel the long-awaited sequel....

Microsoft and EA and on the top of my list of: Most retard, greedy, "gaming" company in the world...
Care to explain why do you find Conker ruined?
The multiplayer was completely fucked over, the campaign had some flaws in it that bothered the hell out of me, and the graphics didn't add anything to it really, it just made a silly game trying to be silly, seem serious, which ruined the silliness completely.

I like being able to see my enemy and shoot him, not have to try and pick out his name through the giant screaming names that everyone has.
Really? I thought the multiplayer was great and the game was over the top silly. Graphics don't make a game serious unless its trying to be GRITTY
I found the "graphical improvement" to completely ruin one of my childhood games.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Am I the only person who sees this whole HD-remake craze as being entirely analogous to George Lucas's re-releasing the original trilogy with new special effects? I can't think of a single game being suggested for remake that has graphical quality which by today's standards are literally unplayable.
How about Final Fantasy 7. That graphics style(early PS1 polygon) did not age well.Parappa the Rapper aged quite well for a PS1 game, because of the fact that it wasn't a polygon based game.

I won't pick up every HD release that comes out, but I am probably going to pick up a few here and there.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
I'd be cool with HD remakes if it didn't take any time at all today, the developers just grab the old source code and everything, put a new coat of paint on it, maybe add a few bits and tweak some glitches and stuff then threw it out there for $20-$40, but that's not how technology works, and I find something wrong with developers taking time that could be spent making new and cool and inventive games, but instead it's put into another game I've played before. I love a lot of HD remakes, but a lot do beg the question, why?

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
josemlopes said:
TitanAtlas said:
Yeah the only HD they did, they ended ruining the game... Conker bad fur day... and in theyre ignorence after ruining the game they decided to cancel the long-awaited sequel....

Microsoft and EA and on the top of my list of: Most retard, greedy, "gaming" company in the world...
Care to explain why do you find Conker ruined?
The remade of the character, the different voice, and the changing of core mechanics.

For example in the original conker you never kill an enemy... surely you have a pan, but you need to engage a puzzle or a sequence of events to kill an enemy... except on war and zombie levels...

Microsoft changed that and added a annoying crew of monsters that would annoy youre behinds, taking you from the main quest to solve youre problems at hand...

and this is just the tip of the iceberg... they shouldv just gave it the HD look, and stop messing with the designs and mechanics of a game tha twasan't broken in the first time...

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
I'd like to have them give us Age Of Empires II with spankin' new graphics and some sort of system like the Home Cities in III but that would mean they would be throwing a bone to us PC fols, and you know that will never happen.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I took it as a sign that 343 is incapable of making a good game, so they took an old game, slapped a new coat of paint on and rereleased it to placate graphics whores who don't realize that it is the same fucking game they played 10 years ago.
They are developing Halo 4 as well you know...

OT: Kinda happy and disappointed, there are so many games i would love top play again but can't =\ but then again half of them games would probably get ruined...

Also...Halo 2 remake?...Damn it! now i have to change my boxers! -.-

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Well, at least now maybe someone from 343 Industries will actually play a Halo game and figure out what they're really all about.

And I'm totally getting this game. If for nothing else, it's for the four-player co-op campaign. The Flood won't know what hit 'em.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Halo 1 badly needed this. Some of the rooms you go through and have to backtrack through get so repetitive at times that it's easy to get lost.

To be blunt- on the count of 3 PC gamers: 1, 2, 3- SIGGGggghhhhhhhhhh

The game that started on the PC 10 years ago and now will be remade only for console. It is a good yardstick to show how the landscape of gaming has changed.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Konami, for example, is bringing the Metal Gear Solid collection and the Zone of the Enders collection to the console.
This is FAR more mouth watering than any Halo remake could ever be.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
josemlopes said:
Good, I dont want to have every game that exists made again just for the sake of nostalgia, waisting developers time on making shit that was already made instead of letting them create new original games.
Most developer seem to be focused on making shit titles that copy CoD...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
The Halo remake is sadly not a sign of things to come.
Sadly? Not remaking everything in HD is a good thing. It means MS will be spending money on games we haven't played before.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
I don't get this anti-remake/rerelease attitude gamers have. Would you say there's no need to reprint classic novels, too? How about digitally releasing music that was once only available on vinyl from the olden days and sounded like ten asses being scratched by eleven hands? Why do we need to struggle to experience our fondest memories?

Bring on more rereleases. Take full advantage of whatever you want, be it the digital platforms or remaking and reimagining entire games. Not every new game should be a remake, but I'll never complain when they're announced. If we're "art" now, that must mean we have "classics" that future generations (and older ones that keep up with the times) deserve to experience without digging around for busted old consoles, or carts with dead batteries, or handhelds with no backlights, or RF switches, or any of that needless struggle.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
I'm probably the only one, but I would love LOVE to see Rockstar remake their version of "The Warriors". That game was BAD ASS. As was the movie, which could also use a remake.

Can you dig it?

Lynxan

Dec 6, 2009
I'm perfectly fine with remakes for the most part as long as it's not all a company does. It's the companies that put out the same games a lot that tend to try new things the most often, even if most companies are not as of late as with the poor economy and the high costs of development make it hard to get them to take the chances. If a few cheap to make remakes can get up the cost for something new, then it's worth it.

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
It's actually saddening. Rather than a mere remake, they should take this chance to make Halo the game that it was MEANT to be. I mean, remember the old trailers, before MS bought Bungie? It was a third-person shooter, with a vast open ringworld for massive online tactical team multiplayer, for Windows and Mac. Imagine a mix of Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Crysis, but even more epic: that's what Halo should have been. I recall a rumor that it was changed into the vastly overrated game we know now because the Xbox simply couldn't handle the ambitious original design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZ2yvWl9nQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnRJgOayYpk