Microsoft Not Jumping on the HD Remake Bandwagon

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Good! HD is just a bloody gimmick! Everyone around here seems to hate pointless gimmicks, and yet drools over HD like a pack of 12 year olds at a Victoria's Secret photo shoot.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Can we at least have the metal gear HD remake cause I want to play peace walker but not on a bloody psp

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
they are too young for the bandwagon anyway...
i mean there isn't really much they could bring back
might be good for them... or might be bad because they are losing out on more money and games in their portfolio

L34dP1LL

Mar 6, 2010
TitanAtlas said:
Yeah the only HD they did, they ended ruining the game... Conker bad fur day... and in theyre ignorence after ruining the game they decided to cancel the long-awaited sequel....

Microsoft and EA and on the top of my list of: Most retard, greedy, "gaming" company in the world...
What about nintendo and their complete lack of new IP's?

Vyress

Jul 12, 2010
Artemis923 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Konami, for example, is bringing the Metal Gear Solid collection and the Zone of the Enders collection to the console.
This is FAR more mouth watering than any Halo remake could ever be.
Hell yeah! owo

You know the underlined part is like the REAL news in the whole article. xD

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Well, they don't have any IPs beside Halo, so I'm not surprised...

diggy140892

Jun 4, 2010
drakythe said:
The Wykydtron said:
[HEADING=1]Hold it![/HEADING]

Didn't the HD remake of Beyond Good and Evil just come out on 360? I'm sure that could be seen as jumping on the bandwagon if you were so inclined...

Anyway nitpicking aside, i don't have anything against HD remakes. As long as they don't stop devs from making something more original that is
Thats not an Xbox exclusive, as I can snag it on PSN too. Ergo not microsoft jumping on the bandwagon, just everyone else.

Oh, but I do call Shenanigans. Halo 2 will get remade if Halo: AE sells well. Like they wouldn't embrace their cash cow in a reborn form? (neverminding 4, 5, and 6, since those could still tank, theoretically)
HD Remake of Perfect Dark was an Xbox exclusive.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Like I needed another reason to dislike Microsoft...
The HD collections coming out on PS3 are so indescribably awesome. Cheap too.

Still pretty worried about "rerecorded voice acting" on the Silent Hill Collection, though. Maybe it will turn out OK.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
Harry Mason said:
Like I needed another reason to dislike Microsoft...
The HD collections coming out on PS3 are so indescribably awesome. Cheap too.

Still pretty worried about "rerecorded voice acting" on the Silent Hill Collection, though. Maybe it will turn out OK.
I heard they're including the original characters VA's on the disc. You can essentially switch whenever you want, like the Japanese and English language option on a lot of games.
Wait, REALLY?!

If this is true, you have made me a very happy geek today!
Seriously, do I actually have a reason to be happy about a Silent Hill release after all these years!?

...I may cry.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Whats startling to me is the notion we need to remake games that are just 10 years old because we think the graphics dont hold up.

I mean if anything needs a boost it would be the generation before, when 3d graphics were first emerging and everything looked like they were made out of blocks.

Seriously, compare Cloud from FF7 or Link from Ocarina to say, Revan from KoToR or Master Chief and tell me who is in more need of a graphical overhaul.

And specifically on Halo... the graphics never were top of the line or even that visually distant. So really this almost seems like a waste.

HOWEVER! its not a waste, because well, with this incarnation your getting an opportunity to play the original halo multiplayer with proper modern matchmaking systems already in place. On that point I can agree that this is not all together a bad idea.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
AyreonMaiden said:
I don't get this anti-remake/rerelease attitude gamers have. Would you say there's no need to reprint classic novels, too? How about digitally releasing music that was once only available on vinyl from the olden days and sounded like ten asses being scratched by eleven hands? Why do we need to struggle to experience our fondest memories?

Bring on more rereleases. Take full advantage of whatever you want, be it the digital platforms or remaking and reimagining entire games. Not every new game should be a remake, but I'll never complain when they're announced. If we're "art" now, that must mean we have "classics" that future generations (and older ones that keep up with the times) deserve to experience without digging around for busted old consoles, or carts with dead batteries, or handhelds with no backlights, or RF switches, or any of that needless struggle.
Reprinting classic novels is easy though.They just print the original text and perhaps give it a fancy new cover.Similarly releasing music digitally isn't that difficult as all they need to do is maybe clean up the sound.Remakes of games do take a lot of time,effort and resources however and that's what people are objecting to because that time,effort and resources could be better spent creating new games

I have no problem with re-releasing classic games but why not just re-release them in their original state such as on Wii's VC service.If the game was good enough back in the day then it should be good enough now without the need for a fancy HD makeover.I still regularly play NES,SNES,MegaDrive and N64 games and they're just as enjoyable now as they were originally

The gaming world is unique in that like books,movies and music we expect our classics to be re-released but we also expect,nay demand,that these classics be completely overhauled first.Why is this?How come you don't hear film buffs demanding that,say,Citizen Kane be remade with fancy CGI effects or literature fans demanding that the works of Jane Austen be updated into modern english?

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
FlyAwayAutumn said:
Good.

While I like the idea of my favorite games getting better graphics. Giving me the chance to buy them and relive the glory days. It's still a waste of time and money. For example, I have Halo and can go back and play it whenever the hell I want. So why would I need an updated version? That won't stop me from buying this HD remake of Halo. But it also doesn't mean it isn't a waste of time.
It's not a waste of time if people would buy it, whether it's a waste of time or not isn't based off your purchase alone.

Halo I couldn't see working in HD but that's just my opinion, their are other games that would though I'm sure. I'm more of a playstation guy so I don't know the Xbox library that well, but the remake thing for the PS3 is working out awesomely ~

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
AyreonMaiden said:
If we're "art" now, that must mean we have "classics" that future generations (and older ones that keep up with the times) deserve to experience without digging around for busted old consoles, or carts with dead batteries, or handhelds with no backlights, or RF switches, or any of that needless struggle.
Except there is no struggle there. PCs easily take the role of any obsolete console, plus the older games are often ported to newer gaming platforms. Gaming is not technologically exclusive.

As for remakes, the entire thing feels more exploitative than progressive. They're not remaking the game to introduce it to a new younger generation, they are doing so to further milk cash from their existing player base. I've never seen literature fans express such idiotic zeal over reprints of books, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
L34dP1LL said:
TitanAtlas said:
Yeah the only HD they did, they ended ruining the game... Conker bad fur day... and in theyre ignorence after ruining the game they decided to cancel the long-awaited sequel....

Microsoft and EA and on the top of my list of: Most retard, greedy, "gaming" company in the world...
What about nintendo and their complete lack of new IP's?
Nintendo at least delivers good games, because tey wait to perfect the product... they do not rush everything to make "big bucks" has EA or Microsoft...

Nintendo prefers quality over quantity, and theyre right... so no... im sorry nintendo is not on my list of corrupt, retard, greedy "gaming" company...