Microsoft: Xbox 360 Made for Families, Not Gamers

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:
Ooo, now he's done it...

Didn't he promise us that the 360 wouldn't be catering for kids once kinect came around, a while back?

Someone needs to call him on this shit.
You mean like in the same manner they said they didn't abandon the PC? Yeah I think we all learned not to trust MS by now.

Jacob.A.

Dec 17, 2009
The xbox360 is a gaming console and should stay as that. Don't make it so my mom can chat with her friends (cause at some point we all know they will make a phone cross over) or my dad surfing the internet for the deals at the store.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe this is just part of M$'s campaing to reinstate the PC as gaming device. Ofc this is just speculation but i could be possible.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Microsoft wants Nintendo's audience.

Nintendo needs Microsoft's networking features.

Sony's off in its own world.

Something weird is up with the first two. They should get together and collaborate.

hottsaucekid

Sep 20, 2009
if bungie is done with halo now...then why dont we all just go buy PS3's cuz that was pretty much all the xbox had going for it. the only game i play on console anymore is blops and they have that on PC and PS3. also STEAM AND PS3!!!!!

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
-Alarm-
Liars Liars Liars.

Whooooppp
Liars...

Love how they pull that how many years now after they spit it out? Righttttt not for gamers....sure....

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
This imho is a lame joke unless he is very serious if so then someone needs to roll up a newspaper and smack him in the back of the head and tell him "No!" .No one gets a 360 for the the little kinect games (yeah I probably didnt spell it right) or to use it as a entertainment system, they get for games. The rest of that stuff is just a added bonus.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Don't worry console gamers, the PC will welcome you back with open arms and forgive you.

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Wow.... way to say fuck you to the primary consumer base

sure I used my Xbox instead of a DVD player but that's because I'm a cheap SOB.... in my families, my parents tolerate the thing in the house, my sister's never played it ever, so that means my brothers and I (all "Core" gamers) are the only ones to use the Xboxes that inhabit the house. With my fiancee, she uses it for DVDs (cause we don't have a DVD player) and she'll watch me play a game.

So no my 360 is not a Family Entertainment Center, nor do I damn well want it to be, I want it to be a video game counsel.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
EdElric190 said:
Read a little harder plz. There was nothing that needed to be spell checked and any1 who IM's or has a cellphone could read it just fine, I SAID HE HAD A 360!!!! And no my bro takes impeccable care of his systems. I am not dissing the old systems. I said they are awesome. I just, can't for the life of me, see why the 360, which should be superior, has 3 MAJOR flaws

1. virtually no backwards compatibility. tho i know why they do that. it is so to play all the old games you have to buy them again on xbox live and play them that way. If you do not still own an xbox. greedy buggers!

2. Red Ring of Death- nuff said on that

3. A worthless amount of hard drive space, compared to the obviously superior original Xbox
"Plz." "Any1." "Tho." "Nuff." And you buggered "every" three times in the original post.

Ain't picking on you...Just pointing out what you're missing. This is a forum...You don't have to type in a hurry and if you do toss around chatspeak, most people are going to ignore you.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
What the Escapist said said:
Xbox 360 made for families, not for gamers.
What was actually said said:
Xbox isn't a gaming console. Xbox is a family entertainment center.
There's a difference there. One makes it sound like an attack on gamers, and the other makes it sound like the Xbox is for more than gaming. I think we can agree that the Xbox can be for more than gaming, can't we?

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
F*ck him in the neck. I do appreciate the Netflix, but I refuse to call it a family entertainment center. If at some point I get a family and they want to play with the Xbox, they can get their own damn Xbox.