Minecraft Adding Places to Hit the Hay

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
lol, I've been trying to make beds in this game since I started playing it, and it's a troubling ordeal that looks horrible.

thank you Mr Minecraft

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Serris said:
smearyllama said:
Awww...

I have to RMA my graphics card, so I have to use an old one that can't even run Minecraft :(
minecraft primarily needs processor power, not gpu... just saying.
That's not the issue. It can't run any games because it's barely compatible with my PC.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Kalezian said:
kebab4you said:
bed = respawn point, fuck yes! Aldo how would that pass time thing work in multiplayer?

probably wont, but more than likely it will still allow the respawn ability.

OT: yay.............

sorry, but being excited for this is kind of hard since there is no real reason for Single Player after you built your tenth volcano, now when Notch adds an adventure mode, that will be entirely different.
One step at the time, besides this update also will also bring; "an official white list implementation for the server and more types of half sized blocks.". Assuming it´s in the same update which doesn't sound impossible.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Well, looks like the bed that I already made sometime back.....except that mine doesn't have a nice wood trim surrounding the wool blocks, and it doesn't actually give me the ability to sleep through the night.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
benzooka said:
A lovely, comfortable cobblestone bed.

Bigger improvements would be nice: some in-game help, for example. So you would never have to read the wiki to know how to craft stuff.
I think it will be wool, not cobblestone, because the picture shows a wool bed. I've made a non-functioning one before that looked very similar to the one in the picture.

I'd probably say if any in game help will be added, it will most likely be right as it comes out of beta.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
danpascooch said:
I don't like it. Bed's to restore your health are a good idea, but what's to stop players from sleeping every single night, thus rendering the entire inclusion of night meaningless?
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...BOOM!! Creepers will still be around in the daytime. But yeah, if people don't want to have to be scared of night time, they can play like I normally do, play in peaceful mode.

I just like the mining and construction aspect of the game, I'm not one for survival games, so I don't like having to listen carefully and watch my back every few seconds.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
benzooka said:
A lovely, comfortable cobblestone bed.

Bigger improvements would be nice: some in-game help, for example. So you would never have to read the wiki to know how to craft stuff.
I think it will be wool, not cobblestone, because the picture shows a wool bed. I've made a non-functioning one before that looked very similar to the one in the picture.

I'd probably say if any in game help will be added, it will most likely be right as it comes out of beta.
But... A cobblestone bed is the dream...

Yeah, I suppose things like that will finally be fixed when it goes gold.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
This is awesome. I've always wanted to have beds, and having them be respawn points will be awesome!

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Tom Goldman said:
The second phase might clue us in on the sorts of single-player changes Mojang Specifications has in mind for the future of Minecraft. RPS says that an update will hit sometime in March which will turn beds into a respawn point. When players die, they'll appear in the last bed they slept in.
Why isn't this being added in right when beds are released? This is not hard to do. Modders have already created blocks that reset your spawn location, and the amount of code needed to make such a block is incredibly short and easy to implement. I can't figure out why beds need two updates to work properly other than the developers being incredibly lazy.
At least fifty people per day on the Minecraft forums accuse Notch of being lazy or incompetent because of the 'if modders can do it, why can't he?' argument. Those same people complain bitterly however when an update is released with any kind of bugs, lag or simply for the fact that their precious mods are no longer compatible. So instead of introducing two new variables in one large update that could be rife with bugs, Mojang decides to spread it out so they can have an easier time isolating the bugs. But of course, that'll never be enough to please the spoiled children of Minecraft, who'll just find something else to complain about.

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
Am i the only one who doesn't really like the idea? Beds would take out a lot of the challenge/danger that makes the game more fun

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
Beds? In Minecraft? Why would a machine need to sleep?

But seriously, this is an awesome addition. I could make a holding pen for the humans while they regenerate their blood!

And I guess being able to move my spawn point to the iron cylinder I constructed on what I like to call Horsell Common would be awesome...

Steven Vascellaro

Apr 2, 2010
aldowyn said:
Looking forward to this. I'll likely be playing the DA2 demo Tuesday, but I'll get a crack at these beds Wednesday or Thursday.
Serris said:
smearyllama said:
Awww...

I have to RMA my graphics card, so I have to use an old one that can't even run Minecraft :(
minecraft primarily needs processor power, not gpu... just saying.

OT: i'm mixed about it. nobody is forcing me to use the bed. but i can't help but feel it breaks what little difficulty was left in the game.
i wonder if there will be any additional features, like nightmares or something.
Agreed. Beds, while great in short term, really ruin the "fear and terror" aspect of night

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
But, but... I put a lot of work into my current bed. They'd better look awesome!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
When I saw the headline I thought "Wait, does that mean they're adding beds or is there a new block that will make you literally hit the hay in order to get...I dunno, thatched roofs or livestock feed or something?"