Minecraft's Deadly New Ghasts Will Burn You

chibivash

Apr 2, 2010
ZeroMachine -
I cannot freakin' wait for this update.

Is there an official release date, or are we just gonna get it when we get it? (Or did you literally mean that it'll come on Halloween? :p) --

it will come out on oct 31. at least that's what the site says.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
Knife-28 said:
Well, at least they aren't the planned 'Weepong Angel' like monster. Though taht said they look kind of stupid with their mouths open like that.
any game that had a monster like the weeping angels i would not play. mainly as once they have found you. you cant escape...

that time in GMOD wasnt fun when i spawned them (AND YOU CANT DELETE THEM)

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
The awesome thing is if Notch creates the rest of the game correctly, he could end up making the first successful online multiplayer "player run game" (that I can think of). Where the players can make up their own rules and enforce them themselves. Only game similar to that that I can think of is Second Life, and I think that's dying?

But really, a game where you can do anything within the game's physics limitations? It's like playing Legos inside your computer... oh, I guess Lego Universe will most likely beat him to it... oh well, I like my Legos physical.

This'll be like Runescape without strict rules.

I truly think this could be amazing, I can only imagine the possibilities at this point.

I like.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
This update is amazing!

It just makes me want to play Minecraft more!!!

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Mr Companion said:
Also I advise you look at the picture of those creatures a little closer. They have marks down their faces where tears have rolled down in endless engulfing suffering. Thats not kinda stupid, that's Fucked Up.
Yea, ok I looked at the larger picture at the PCgamer website, they do look a bit disterbing, not as much as a Creeper though. Anyone else intreged by the 'Australium' in the screen shots?

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
Vanguard1219 said:
Here's something that I've been wondering: can Ghasts and other "Hell" mobs travel through portals into the "real" dimension? I know that nothing definite about that subject has been said (if anything), but I'm curious if it'll be a potential danger of building one of these portals in the first place.
Time to make like Stargate SG-1 and install an iris on the hellgate.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
Can't wait for the update! I'm going to build a lab and conduct experiments on the hell world and the creatures in it...wait this is starting to sound familiar...

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Luckily, Ghasts can only be found in another new addition, the Hell region, and won't be able to burn your house down [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103643-Minecraft-Explained-Through-Accidental-Arson].
Vanguard1219 said:
Here's something that I've been wondering: can Ghasts and other "Hell" mobs travel through portals into the "real" dimension? I know that nothing definite about that subject has been said (if anything), but I'm curious if it'll be a potential danger of building one of these portals in the first place.
Apparently where there is a portal there is a chance that a ghast will spawn in the real world. I imagine any portal rooms you make in your house should probably be made of stone with waterfalls covering the walls and floors... Just in case.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
And I thought Creepers were terrifying...yeah, those things will plague my nightmares. Hell dimension sounds awesome, though, and I'm quite excited about the new biomes and such.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
So you could build two portals, and then, in Hell, build a tunnel between the two so none of the Ghasts can actually reach any player that traverses through it.

Then stop global warming and solve poverty because you clearly have a lot of free time on your hands.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Airsoftslayer93 said:
gotta go get me some obsidian
No don't! It will make your game glitchy. Wink, wink.

---------------

I really don't like that torches will now go out soon. It will pretty much make them pointless, might as well make lanterns since they are going to be on permanently.

I did like the rumor that all torches that are placed before the update, will become lanterns, so I better get out there and start placing torches everywhere I can before the update.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
SachielOne said:
Vanguard1219 said:
Time to make like Stargate SG-1 and install an iris on the hellgate.
So basically, you jump through and then you place a cobblestone block or a steel block for the idea of it.

Better not let them get a hold of your GDO Code.