Miracle of Sound: Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I find the lack of Garrus in this video disturbing, calibrations or no calibrations.

All joking aside, I certainly won't turn down anything Mass Effect related! This being an instrumental also threw me off, but in a good way! Liked the ending, feels like someone running away from a Reaper that keeps coming closer...and closer...and closer...until something happens.

I also get a weird vibe of the camera panning up to a supposed dead person and then their eyes suddenly just open in a creepy/dramatic fashion. Don't know why though. Lol.

Anyways, thanks for music Gav! Great job as always!

Apr 28, 2008
Just realizes something. To get the Crucible to that position, they would have needed to fly it through (or around) the massive battle, then position it just right so it'd link up and not fall on to Earth.

Just seems like a roundabout way of doing it.

Anyway, amazing song. Can't wait for songs about the PS3 games you're playing :)

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Very nice instrumental. String arrangement was really good and the guitar and subtle vocals complemented it nicely I thought. The reaper effect and the abrubt ending put me in mind of a Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds feeling. Great work Gav.

AlphaMandate

Feb 13, 2012
You did some really nice work with this one, but I think you should have ended it with the ending to your Deus Ex song. As a tribute to ME3's ending.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
TimeLord said:
Don Reba said:
The ending was a little abrupt.
£10 says that was the point!
Ferrious said:
The "reaper noise" nods and the abrupt ending sealed the deal for me, great job.
Indeed, the music ended where the game stopped being awesome. When I first listened to it I thought "hey, did I miss something?" and went back to check. Then I realized that in addition to being excellent in it's own right it was marvelous satire as well.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Holy shit. Whenever Bioware starts making the next ME universe game, I think we know the composer to turn to.

Seriously, that was better than a lot of the games' actual soundtracks.

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
trollpwner said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Speculation for everyone!
Yes! Speculation theory! It all makes sense now! You're going to release a better song as DLC! Oh wait, you're not evil.
Bioware aren't evil. They're good people :) I genuinely still have faith that they'll do their best to make the fans happy.
I'm really glad to see people say things like these, especially when it's someone like you, Gavin. It's okay for people to not like the ending, but it's not okay for people to call Bioware evil, that they should be fired, or that they lied, etc. I feel like the game series as a whole is evidence that they care very much about their fans. They included the option to import your character from the previous game, which became one of the most important features of the series, and really tried to listen to what the fans wanted gameplay and leveling-wise. I hope we can move on to joking about the ending now, and that the rage will subside.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Absolutely stunning Gav, I curtsy to your glory!

*curtsies*

May the eezo be with you!

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
That was a beautiful piece of music.

Not gonna lie, I cried a bit.

And the video matched just perfectly! That was amazing! And the Shepard was actually kind of hot. How'd you pull that one off?

And the ending....iseewatudidthere.jpg. It generated a few lulz.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
This piece was incredible, I've been rocking out to it since it came out this morning. Way to go, yet another one of your songs getting me through yet another all-nighter (or post-all-nighter sleep deprivation hangover). Your music is single-handedly making sure I finish my senior thesis on time.
This song is great, and every set of sounds feels like the notes are dancing wildly through every type of space they try to fill. It's just, elegant, like the perfect coordination of actin and myosin in a contracting muscle fiber, or a mathematical proof.
As a synesthetic, this song is just glorious to listen to.

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
Wow... can't remember the last time I felt such a chilling sensation from a song. You are a genius Gav.
BTW: is there still going to be "Miracle of sound: Encore"?

Pontifex

Mar 17, 2010
Great work, Gav. You really captured the feel of the Mass Effect series. If Bioware releases DLC, I hope the music for it is something like that.

Flack

Brushie Brushie Brushie
Mar 14, 2008
Loved it, especially the reaper sounds!

The video was cool too!

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
It was interesting to say the least. Definitely not one of my favorites of your songs, but it was still pretty good.

purifico

Oct 29, 2009
In my head this is a theme of Marauder Shields. Because he deserves to have a theme as kickass as this.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Can't believe you had the inspiration enough for this epic song after the ending of ME3 though. That thing is a lifesuck. Great job nevertheless.