Miracle of Sound: Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Rise from the shadows, make a fist of the pain.

Watch Video

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
Just as the film, song has only one thing I dislike a bit - too epic =)

Great song, great video. Can't wait to ride this one in Audiosurf.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant song, it really captures the feeling of the film.

Wild_Marker

Mar 31, 2011
The begining made me think of Adventures of Batman and Robin. It was very similar.

Also in one of the choirs, it sounded just a bit like Mind of the Bat. If that was intentional then thumbs up for minor references!

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Chaaaaaaaaant. Yaaaay~ <3

That said ... I'm not sure whether or not I like the movies route ... However ... I smelled elements from Sovngarde Song, New Black Gold and pretty much any of the Mass Effect songs, which kinda makes up for it ...
Overall ... Still not sure, but the song was great as alw-- ... let's say usual ... :p

Mistilteinn

Jul 14, 2012
That was one hell of a song! And the video was spot on with it as well. Seriously, I think this was the most well-made video out of all the others--it just worked beautifully with your song, meshing perfectly with the tone of the song at each moment.

It's a bit of a silly question, but was that your voice for the verse "I will start a fire..."? It sounded exactly like Bane's, so I'm just wondering if you synthed your voice to have that effect, used a different kind of mic, or used a clip of Bane's voice?

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Anouther movie song? I'm kind of surprised, even though I shouldn't be, because there haven't been any major releases lately, and because this summer's biggest movie was released some time ago.
Mistilteinn said:
It's a bit of a silly question, but was that your voice for the verse "I will start a fire..."? It sounded exactly like Bane's, so I'm just wondering if you synthed your voice to have that effect or used a clip of Bane's?
Yeah, it was definitely Gav, since he didn't sound all that much like Bane in my opinion. Still, a valiant effort to replicate a very peculiar voice.

coderedge

Jan 9, 2009
DNA was outstanding and this is good, too? but I long for songs connected to games. They don't have to be new releases. Revisit something old and good! (Or old and bad!)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Very vrey well done as always.
Will we be seeing every second song about a game and the other about a movie from now on?
Running out of games or does this freshen it up for you too?
As said earlier, well done!
Greetings from Finland!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Wild_Marker said:
Also in one of the choirs, it sounded just a bit like Mind of the Bat. If that was intentional then thumbs up for minor references!
Well spotted :)

Mistilteinn said:
That was one hell of a song! And the video was spot on with it as well. Seriously, I think this was the most well-made video out of all the others--it just worked beautifully with your song, meshing perfectly with the tone of the song at each moment.

It's a bit of a silly question, but was that your voice for the verse "I will start a fire..."? It sounded exactly like Bane's, so I'm just wondering if you synthed your voice to have that effect, used a different kind of mic, or used a clip of Bane's voice?
Yeah that's me doing my posh English voice lol! And I feel the same about the video, I was tweeting it out last night saying what a spectacular job Justin did :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
coderedge said:
DNA was outstanding and this is good, too? but I long for songs connected to games. They don't have to be new releases. Revisit something old and good! (Or old and bad!)
Don't worry, next fortnight's song is an old school, game related, pop-structured lyric-heavy MOS tune about a very special game from last year ;)

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
Don't worry, next fortnight's song is an old school, game related, pop-structured lyric-heavy MOS tune about a very special game from last year ;)
Hope that next song will be connected with building walls, setting sail and coming home ;)

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Yaaaaaaaay this one had lots of lyrics :3 happy cricket is happy. Very well done and i dont think it was meant but i laughed when the moment we see bane for the first time we hear his vader voice box xD it just seems funny since so many people either loved or hated his voice. I'm on the love side since it was just something new and unique sounding....like someone else....who am i thinking of....;)