Miyamoto Wishes Star Fox Was More Popular

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
xscoot said:
Wow, Nintendo is really out of touch.
Indeed. I must wonder what Miyamoto thought about Assault. "Awkward on-foot gameplay taking up much of the game's time and an asinine story? How is this not successful?"

DoctorDisaster

Apr 14, 2009
Seriin said:
You can make more of what was good, but then it will be dubbed "the same thing as before". You try and do something different and you've got "it was changed, now it sucks".
Um, Zelda? Metroid? Have you played any Nintendo franchises?

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
nintendo has a tendency to always try to change stuff up it seems to have worked for everybody except starfox

ila

Jul 29, 2008
I agree with sentiments that maybe they should stick to trying to make a good Star Fox game first. And while Nintendo is at it, reboot everything up to just after Star Fox 64 so we can pretend furry fodder like Crystal never existed.

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
Well it's his fault if the last games have sucked. Assault was more titular than it should have been, and although I genuinely liked Adventures, most people didn't for reasons I can and can't understand (Zelda with more creative weapons, different characters/story/setting, etc, what's not to like?). Fair enough to say that if a game doesn't appeal to everyone, the fandom won't be as strong.

The AI

Jun 24, 2009
Assault's space portions were good, but the on-foot stuff was straight up ass. And Adventure was a needless Zelda clone. Haven't played Command, though.

Cmon, give us another game like Star Fox 64, except with motion controls.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I want more Star Fox! Shame I no longer own a Nintendo console... next generation, maybe :p

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
DoctorDisaster said:
Seriin said:
You can make more of what was good, but then it will be dubbed "the same thing as before". You try and do something different and you've got "it was changed, now it sucks".
Um, Zelda? Metroid? Have you played any Nintendo franchises?
What are you saying exactly? People ***** about Metroid and Zelda for the same reasons they will/do about Star Fox.

Problem is, Star Fox can't really expand a whole lot. They tried to expand and the fans abandoned them without really picking up a whole lot of new fans. Metroid switched to the Prime style and picked up many new fans, but at heart was the same type of gameplay. Zelda as well with the switch to 3D. You can call them samey, but they do make changes.

In my post I wasn't calling a new Star Fox game bad by default, I was calling out the Original Post saying that a Fox in a spaceship sounds good on paper but the fans will ***** either way as they already have.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Oh, how sweet. You know, I have a jolly gee good idea to make StarFox EVEN MORE popular! You wanna hear it? Ohhhkkk, here it is: MAKE A BLOODY STARFOX FOR THE Wii YOU WHINY GIT!

Why is Miyamoto whining about Star Fox NOT being popular when there's no StarFox game released on the Wii or any current generation console.

"people that purchase the Star Fox games has decreased over the years." -Myamoto
HELLO?! Anybody still living in your brain, Myamoto? People are focusing on the CURRENT GENERATION consoles, not the LAST generation ones. If you want the series to get more popular then make a StarFox for the Wii. OR BETTER! Make a StarFox FOR ALL CONSOLES!

"Every time we make a Star Fox game I'm hoping people will enjoy it as much as I do." -Myamoto

WAKE UP CALL FOR MIYAMOTO! People don't care if YOU enjoy the game. People care if THEY enjoy the game. Just because you have a project in mind that you'll enjoy does not mean other people will enjoy it.

You do know what I'm talking about when I say "people", right? I'm talking about the gaming crowd. You know, the ruthless beasts who devour any game which tastes funny.

DoctorDisaster

Apr 14, 2009
Seriin said:
...the fans will ***** either way as they already have.
Here's where you get what I'm saying. People will ***** either way. That doesn't mean there's "nowhere to go" with the franchise -- you can't dismiss design ideas just because people will ***** about them.

You CAN, as Nintendo usually does, build incrementally on a successful formula.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I agree fully with you Mr. Funk. I think Star Fox could be a great series if they would just go back to what made the series fun in the first place. Star Fox, in an Arwing, on rails, with multiple branching paths.

Just get a voice actor for Slippy that doesn't sound like a complete jackass.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
I love the Starfox games....but we want more VEHICLE ACTION!!!!!

Mind you....the portable versions of Starfox did suck....BADLY. Keep to the consoles and not the handhelds.

Also bring the SNES version of StarFox to the Virtual Console! I have been waiting for that for YEARS now!!!!!

Also leave Slippy alone...he is vital to the game and should not be changed whatsoever.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I liked Star Fox adventures alot. It was my first console game.

But then again, that was just a zelda game wearing a mask...

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
Definition of Star Fox: Furry that flies around in a space ship fighting other furries.

But, despite that (or maybe because of that, I really don't know), I used to love the original Star Fox game and I still play as him when I play Brawl on my friend's Wii. They really do need to make a good, new game (probably will never play it, because all I got is an Xbox and the need to not be embarassed will cause me not to buy it anyway).