Modern Warfare 2 Players Log 200,000 Gameplay Years

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
How the hell did that manage that? Isn't 1.75 billion hours divided by a million players something like 1750 hours each, or 72 days? The DLC only came out the other day!

Edit:
Oh wait you mean players of the game, not the DLC, suddenly makes much more sense, what was it 10 million copies sold or something? So that's 175 hours each, still a freaking lot though.

Taneer

Sep 1, 2008
TheFacelessOne said:
I'm still not buying that thing...

AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
Hell, you're not alone. I wouldn't have paid 70 bucks for this, and I sure as hell wouldn't have paid 100 bucks for this and all the bonus bumfuckery. Fortunately, I borrowed the 360 version from someone who was too stunned by PS3 graphics to care.

And then didn't really enjoy it, so I completely missed the point on this one, I guess.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
Jim From Accounting said:
Sevre90210 said:
That's horrifying, but I'm tempted to ask Blizzard for the WoW statistics now.

I love statistics, we need more statistics Tom.

Its either a rubber band or a chip.
OT: 200000 yrs, damn some ppl just don't have lives

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Random Bobcat said:
Chicago Ted said:
And to think, if people spent these hours doing something else, we'd probably have a cure for cancer and flying cars by now!
Yeah, because the collective intelligence of MW2 players is of that level.
Fixed.

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
Sorry to add to the monotony of the comments but - wow, that is goddamn impressive.

If only Steam would let me play the free weekend I might be adding to that...oh well

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Joshimodo said:
Random Bobcat said:
Chicago Ted said:
And to think, if people spent these hours doing something else, we'd probably have a cure for cancer and flying cars by now!
Yeah, because the collective intelligence of MW2 players is of that level.
Fixed.
but the pack is only on XBL right now...
holy shit, little under $40,000,000 for making 3 maps and adding a little grass to another two you've made?

fucking GAMES ARE MADE FOR LESS THAN THIS.
It's saddening, really to hear this.
[sub] and i was so happy IRL today[/sub]

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
Mr. Purple said:
<color=purple> I didn't really feel the shock factor until you mentioned how the time could have been spent better. Imagine if people had worked together to develop technology or cure a disease, and had this kind of dedication. In merely a few months we could change life as we know it. Buuuut, we would much rather get that 4th prestige symbol to show off our manliness.....
You sir, are purple

I respect that

ljd184

Jul 5, 2009
please this is xbox live where talking about how did you even think about world peace.

Mr. Purple

May 1, 2008
chimmers said:
Mr. Purple said:
<color=purple> I didn't really feel the shock factor until you mentioned how the time could have been spent better. Imagine if people had worked together to develop technology or cure a disease, and had this kind of dedication. In merely a few months we could change life as we know it. Buuuut, we would much rather get that 4th prestige symbol to show off our manliness.....
You sir, are purple

I respect that
<color=purple> I try. :)

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
JaymesFogarty said:
Wow, for all that complaining about the pack being overpriced, wallets have still been opened. I'm shocked at how long people can play this game. But then, I don't get how people can spend hours on WOW either. (Buy AC2 Map Packs, less than half the price of these and are much better!)
If it's popular, and people are addicted, they don't care how much they pay as long as they get their fix. And I guess Activision could tell this would be the case, hence the price.

Despare

Apr 9, 2010
2.5 million people have combined for that much time in a week or two? That's what, 12 and half hours per person or so? If we can achieve world peace by asking a few million people for 12 hours then we can fix everything in a day...

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
Sad. Really, really sad. Many developers and publishers will learn a lesson from this that will end up pretty bad for the gaming community as a whole. Why release a map editor or toolset - or any freebie for that matter - if you can sell 3 new maps and two old ones for 15 bucks? Why release a full game anyway if you can ship the bare minimum and charge for the rest? This is every publisher's wet dream right here.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
RPD Silenced/Heartbeat
Striker Silencer/Grip

Bling Pro
Coldblooded Pro
Ninja Pro
You should go for a private match with a friend and check your RPD, there are complaints on their forums that silencers don't work on all of the LMGs.

That is a lot of hours. I can't believe people are shocked about the DLC sales, it was always going to happen. The same way the MW2 boycott was never going to work, it still sold massive on the PC.

So many people complaining about the DLC being £10, that £2 per map. You can't get a round of drinks for £10, I have a job, its not an issue.

ScottocS

Mar 27, 2009
bjj hero said:
I can't believe people are shocked about the DLC sales, it was always going to happen. The same way the MW2 boycott was never going to work, it still sold massive on the PC.

So many people complaining about the DLC being £10, that £2 per map. You can't get a round of drinks for £10, I have a job, its not an issue.
^^^ This is so true. I can proudly say I will buying the DLC for PC when it comes out, the amount of people playing MW2 outweighs the amount of people loud and proud about a game there not going to support or buy. xD

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
XxScottocsxX said:
bjj hero said:
I can't believe people are shocked about the DLC sales, it was always going to happen. The same way the MW2 boycott was never going to work, it still sold massive on the PC.

^^^ This is so true. I can proudly say I will buying the DLC for PC when it comes out, the amount of people playing MW2 outweighs the amount of people loud and proud about a game there not going to support or buy. xD
why did I get a quote notification for this?

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Mr. Mike said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Wow, for all that complaining about the pack being overpriced, wallets have still been opened. I'm shocked at how long people can play this game. But then, I don't get how people can spend hours on WOW either. (Buy AC2 Map Packs, less than half the price of these and are much better!)
If it's popular, and people are addicted, they don't care how much they pay as long as they get their fix. And I guess Activision could tell this would be the case, hence the price.
Definitely. I have yet to meet one of these people though. I've been lucky so far.