Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Seeing as the guy made a note of 'removing an element of RPGs' to streamline things, I imagine that the thing that would piss us all off would be the exclusion of experience points and leveling. Instead of gaining experience through beating bad guys over and over again, you only get upgrades through the narrative itself. RPG fans who like to level grind would surely be pissed, as would the Fable fans who want to actually customize the character's skills and abilities. But you don't get much more streamlined that having the game fill in the blanks for you.

Just my own little prediction.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I think he's used to it now, no matter WHAT he does, he upsets people.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
All it has to do is be a regular Fable game.

People tend to get hissy fits about nearly everything in those games.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I hope it doesn't refuse traditional controllers. I really want Fable 3, but I won't be buying Natal to play it and I don't think most others will either.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Whilst I always thought it was a good thing for Lionhead to be ambitious with the Fable games rather than sticking to the boring rules that any other game could adhere to, Fable 2 was pretty poor. If Natal turns out to be a fundamental part of Fable 3 then I know that I won't be playing it. If it is just used for some crappy mini game that they throw in that is entirely optional then fine, I won't bother with that part.

As long as they make a game first and add the pointless and slightly quirky things in later rather than finding as many random things to put in and eventually putting something reminiscent of a game on top.

I imagine the thing that Pete thinks will piss people off is that they aren't putting a dog in, because we all know that Fable 2 was all about the dog. And something about heroes I think, but that was more of a side quest.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
It can't be any more disappointing than Fable 2... Can it?
And he said everyone would LOVE that game.

So Fable 3 will be either incredibly good or incredibly bad.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Well Mr. Molyneux, if you're going to make the final bossfight a pathetic display of lousy theatrics like in Fable 2, then I can guarantee that we will be very and deeply upset.

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
oooh maybe I will be playing as a creepy little boy and it is my job to go fishing with a girl named liz while she draw pictures for me! GO MOLYNEUX!

Dec 14, 2009
Treblaine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It can't be any more disappointing than Fable 2... Can it?
And he said everyone would LOVE that game.

So Fable 3 will be either incredibly good or incredibly bad.
If it uses project Natal I can see it being really bad, gimmicky almost.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Full body motion controls for making babies?

Or letting us finally murder children.

Or we could just stop listening to this nut-job. Whatever he says is lies of the vilest order.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Of course it will upset people, he'll hype it to the fucking Moon and then give us something which is mediocre in comparison to the promises.