Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Can't wait for the news.

But I'm going to take it with a massive grain of salt if Peter says it.
That is more true then it should be. since the first Fable came out I havent been able to take anything he says as truth(liked the game but didnt nearly live up to the hype he and the reviewers at the time put on it)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Actually I think that since all his other games upset people he's trying to seem wise and sagelike by predicting the same response.

I think he kind of misses the point that to make people happy he'd do better to be accurate about what he's developing, rather than promising the world, and then tossing out a game that doesn't meet the expectations he generated.

Basically, he needs to ground his hype in reality.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
I know, its going to be a MMORPG....that thing that ruins 90% of other game titles that try it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Interesting that he's designing a game to upset people. Generally not most people's way of doing things, but, then, This is Peter Molyneux. It's almost enough to try the game, just to see how it will upset us, the players.

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
I can only imagine how bad this game must be if Mr Hype actually admits it will super-piss people off.

What do they do, monitor when you are logged on so they can send people round to steal your car while you're distracted?! Or maybe NATAL secretly sterilises you while you play?

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Interesting that he's designing a game to upset people. Generally not most people's way of doing things, but, then, This is Peter Molyneux. It's almost enough to try the game, just to see how it will upset us, the players.
Well, since he anticipated that Fable 2 would make everyone happy because things would love the player but ultimately it turned out to just piss people off maybe he is trying to use reverse game-ology?

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Super pissed off, eh?
Fable 3 will be a clone of Rapelay.
Just kidding :D

Well, the easiest way to piss me off is to not support normal controllers and make it Natal only.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
After him bragging about Natal, I'm guessing he's making it the controller for Fable 3? Whoop-De-Fucking-Doo.

I was already super pissed when I heard that this one was 360 only as well, so nothing lost.

Also, why the fuck is he making the game if it's going to piss off people? That's an extremely poor business strategy IMO.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with interpersonal relationships? For all I know he may make it a future story with plasma guns where the main character is a big-eared monkey-dog-lemur thing that has a robot companion and has an irritatiing, robotic, skinny-as-shit arch-nemesis ... wait, that's Ratchet and Clank 3, and that game is awesome. On the other hand, he could just be making it without magic or maybe you play as an irritating, dwarven, physically-disabled platypus and all you can use is magic because you can't use melee weapons, but all the magic spells are horribly over-powered yet highly situational, so you end up insta-killing bosses but getting killed by minions because the spell doesn't affect them.

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
Am I the only one that read this title and instantly thought 'What, Fable 3 is alreeady being paned as a game to disapoint? Well save me the suprise why don't you!' But in all honestly, I liked Fable and Fable 2 to an extent, even if alot of Fable 2 did piss me off, like GUNS in a fantasy game, that felt abit wrong to me.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Oh for gawds sake! He is just trying to drum up some interest in his piece of shit game and you fell for it. Fable was awesome and Fable 2 sucked massive hairy balls.

What is going to piss you off is that he will promise all this cool stuff and deliver 5% of it.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
IxionIndustries said:
Also, why the fuck is he making the game if it's going to piss off people? That's an extremely poor business strategy IMO.
you obviously know nothing of this man. This is his 'thing'

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
What is with rpgs and crappy endings in the past few years? Especially if your a good character, then you have to scarifice something(ex: your life, your lover, a friend) or get the shit ending.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Frankly given Molyneuxs reputation, this announcement can only be "This game will dispense free beer" and fans will be pissed off when it doesn't. That's about the ONLY thing he hasn't promised a Fable game will do now, after all.

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Daystar Clarion said:
Treblaine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It can't be any more disappointing than Fable 2... Can it?
And he said everyone would LOVE that game.

So Fable 3 will be either incredibly good or incredibly bad.
If it uses project Natal I can see it being really bad, gimmicky almost.
Gimmicky? Oh not at all like Black & White, Fable and Fable 2 then :p

Dec 14, 2009
DarkSaber said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Treblaine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It can't be any more disappointing than Fable 2... Can it?
And he said everyone would LOVE that game.

So Fable 3 will be either incredibly good or incredibly bad.
If it uses project Natal I can see it being really bad, gimmicky almost.
Gimmicky? Oh not at all like Black & White, Fable and Fable 2 then :p
The sarcasm is strong in this one.