Most Bland game ever.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
Inithra said:
face_head_mouth said:
My (at the time) 8-year-old cousin picked out the PS2 version of Ghost Rider at the local rental place and then made me play it so he could watch me.
Did he at least enjoy watching you play? I miss the days of playing video games with my younger brothers, when they were still of the age that their enjoyment of just seeing blood on the screen made playing any game much more fun for me
Yeah, he had a blast:) That made it worth it. Whenever he comes over now (with his younger sister in tow), we generally play either Super Meat Boy or the New Super Mario Bros Wii and I have a lot more fun.

Speaking of the blood thing, he LOVED watching me play bits of the first two God of War games, which made me a bit uncomfortable;)

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Halo (Let the shitstorm begin)

Halo 1 - guy in future killing aliens
Halo 2 - guy in future killing aliens
Halo 3 - guy in future killing aliens (Now with alien best friend)
Halo ODST- guy in future killing aliens (With stealth)
Halo Wars - guy in future killing aliens, WAIT....with strategy
Halo Reach guys(s) in future killing aliens before the other guy who kills aliens steps in.
Halo 4 - guy in future killing aliens (Microsoft's milking of the Halo franchise begins)

The halo francise is the most boring generic game franchise I have ever played. You know when you went wrong with a franchise when most of the fanboys are twelve and the only way to see the "Story" is not play the games and read the books and watch halo legends.

The only reason Halo is and is always going to be popular is because it was spawned in the right time at the right place.

Baconmaninspace

Jun 8, 2011
I'm having trouble thinking of one, to be honest.

I guess I'll go with just the gameplay of Kane and Lynch 2, but nothing else about it. Every other aspect of that game was unique and original in its ability to inflict horrible pain on the player.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Alright since pretty much everyone is saying shooters on this thread, I want to be a little bit different in stating a game in a genre that I'm more familiar with.

I think that Samurai Showdown Sen is the most bland and uninspired fighting game in this current console generation span. Nothing about it is unique or interesting whether it be the last gen graphics, uniteresting characters models, bland environments and a fatality system that was ripped directly from the Mortal Kombat series but with little to no impact on the fighting at hand. I mean the gameplay isn't bad or anything but there's nothing particulary good about it either. I honestly don't see any reason why anyone would choose this game over Street Fighter 4, Blazblue, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Tekken or even Soul Calibur.

It's actually too bad becuase the older Samurai Showdown games were kinda fun back in the day.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
As many shooters are already taken, I'd like to add Dragon Age.

You're the only hope for humanity / you're the chosen one = check
Impending doom by a faceless evil that wants to destroy the world, because... it can = check
Fight hordes of generic monsters = check
Fight dragons = check

It almost felt like I was playing an unlicensed version of The Lord of The Rings, only without the charm.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
face_head_mouth said:
Harry Mason said:
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? About seven years old?
(Couldn't help myself)
No I haven't. But I'm looking for... Someone. Someone very important to me. I'd do anything if I could be with her again... But she's dead...

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Damnation. Which is hilarious considering it's going for the totally out of the way theme of steampunk cowboys.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
CoD4, CoD MW2, CoDBlOps, MoH.

They've been making the same game for a decade now. Enough already.

Also: Halo 2, 3, 4, Reach...

Everything after the first one was just a retread of the same tired franchise.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
The Apothecarry said:
Unreal Tournament III. The only thing that made it cool was the guns. I don't understand why they tried to make a story for it, and it felt too repetitive after Level 1.
They really should've just stuck to the sheer ridiculosity that was UT2K4.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Wario's Woods on the Super Nintendo. If you like Tetris, you will hate this game.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
restoshammyman said:
im gonna say portal.
just to see how much nerd rage it will cause.
Just a tip, in order to troll successfully, you don't announce that your trolling.

OT:Well, it has been said before, and I shall say it again. Duke Nukem Forever. I'm actually angry bout the fact that most of my friends actually likes that horror of a game.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Madden NFL. YAY FOR ROSTER UPDATES!

Edit: OOH OOH, scratch that meant to say Minecraft. /sarcasm

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
I cannot believe we made it to the second page before anyone said Halo. I'd argue against that, actually, but not here.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with Duke Nukem Forever. It really is a decade's worth of blandness.

EDIT: And sports games. Well, most of them. Oh and most party games.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Shadows of the damned

In all honesty I would go with Dragon age origins. That games story and world had me in awe at how little creativity had gone into it.

Dirzzit

Apr 16, 2009
Roofstone said:
Less a game, and more a series: Call of Duty, same for Medal of Honor.

Neither takes a step either forward or backwards. They are just dancing in a circle..
Such a nice dance though,

Yea, DNF is #1 for me.

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
Kill.Switch, it had bland level design, super soldiers, generic plot twists, very basic texturing. It wasn't a bad game, it just seemed really generic to me, and a thousand curses on it for being the first game to actually implement the chest high objects / cover shooting mechanics that GoW popularized.

Black (Xbox), It got a lot of praise for the environmental damage and everything else pretty much but it just seemed very generic and non-interesting to me at all.