Most depressing movie you ever saw

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
Sex and the city. If that movie doesn't make you loose hope for humanity I don't know what will.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
ElectroJosh said:
robotam said:
Haven't really watched that much depressing movies (and the few I have have mostly been mentioned), but two that spring to mind are "Momento" and "Shutter Island".

Momento because of the fact that he's being manipulated by everyone (including himself), and Shutter Island because of the whole "Which would be worse, to live as a monster or to die as a good man?" ending thing where he's going to lobotimise himself.
From the movies you mentioned I am going to recommend a personal favourite of mine called "Oldboy" - I think you should watch it (I am assuming you enjoyed the two films you mentioned because if you didn't like them then stay far away from "Oldboy").

If you watch it - make sure you don't get it spoilered for you (btw it is subtitled from Korean).
I'll see if I can find it somewhere, thanks.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The Land Before Time

I can't even listen to the intro music without tearing up...

'You're never alone, Little Foot'

Rshady

Jul 22, 2008
TermOfEndearment said:
Lilja4Ever. Russian movie.
Incredibly soul shatteringly sad.
Technically it's Swedish (or Estonian), but I completely agree it's very depressing, unrelentlessly so.

When the wind blows - English animation about an elderly couple who are caught in the aftermath of a nuclear apocalypse. You have a heart of stone if you don't cry.

Green Mile - Never fails to make me cry.

The Snowman - Animated short film, ruins every Christmas for me :D

Solnishka

Nov 7, 2008
I would have to say.. Click. Especially because it was billed strictly as a comedy, so that huge depressing middle and end were a huge, unhappy surprise.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
7 Pounds.
I mean, man....the ending just made me wanna cut myself.
And i knew it was gonna happen.
I KNEW it but....it still got to me.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
The Land Before Time

I can't even listen to the intro music without tearing up...

'You're never alone, Little Foot'
Dude, i know that feel.
And the music during the credits....man.
Every time, EVERY time i start to play it in my head i tear up.
Such a good movie.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Oh boy. The Illusionist. A little known French animated film from 2011. Was nominated for an Oscar, but lost to Toy Story 3. The Illusionist deserved that Oscar. It isn't a kids movie. It's more adult. It's also the saddest movie I've seen in theaters.

Besides that, Schindler's List. I couldn't even watch the movie. It's great, but I can't.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
CM156 said:
Schindler's list

Anyone else who has seen this movie can attest to the reasons I was crying like a newborn child at the end.
people in my classes laughed at the movie........yeah i know

anyway 'Marley and Me' because you know why thats what

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
believer258 said:
The first few minutes of "Up".

God, that was saddening. It made me think "what the hell is the point of happiness if, in the end, you're just going to be sadder than before"?

Sadly, I didn't get to finish the movie so I need to do that sometime.
Ninja'd, just so as you know it doesn't lighten up at all if anything it gets worse, I was bawling the entire way through even at the parts that were supposed to be happy, saddest film ever.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Definatly has to be Requiem For A Dream. That movie is so good, but also soooooooo DEPRESSING. I'm not sure if I want to see it again...

Minigrinch

Apr 17, 2011
Pan's Labyrinth, along with having one of the most creepy monsters in anything I have seen.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Dude, i know that feel.
Such a good movie.
yeah, too sad though. Sucks because I want to watch it but I can't because it's too much :D

NovaCascade

Oct 2, 2010
Henkie36 said:
Titanic was pretty depressing, but not a real surprise. Pearl Harbor sucked, but it was pretty sad. And need I even mention every Disney movie ever made?
I'm glad someone else mentioned pearl harbour. I was in tears during the attack, couldn't even finish watching the movie. Just got up and walked out of my lounge room and left the rest of my family sitting there.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Despiste the hopeful ending, children of men probably one of the grimmest movie I've seen

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I would say "Up" a lot of that is soul crushing...it wasnt made for children no it was ment to haunt the parents that took em...

"The Mist" had a very very depressing ending (the story was a lil...promising)

I cant agree with "The Road" tho...the lil boy while being the centerpiece of innocence....is very god damn annoying

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Dude, i know that feel.
Such a good movie.
yeah, too sad though. Sucks because I want to watch it but I can't because it's too much :D
Only thing stopping me from watching it is i no longer have a VCR player.
:p