Most "holy shit" inducing game section ever?

Dane Tesston

Jul 27, 2010
Here's an old one. The end boss for Yoshi's Island on the SNES. Little pipsqueak Bowser suddenly towering over the horizon really comes as a shock when you play for the first time.

irtaco

Dec 2, 2009
Modern Warfare 2(Don't hit me!) The emp scene. Yeah, the choppers scared the shit outta me. Other than that, I'd have to say Drakengard's E ending. Still don't what the hell was going on there.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Hydra in God of War 1. I was like "Holy shit, I'm like 5 minutes into the game!".

And probably the entire second half of Amnesia. There it was more like "Holy shit, RUN!"

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
In Bayonetta at the end of the final boss.

You punch freaking god into the damn SUN!

If that's not a "Holy shit" moment then I don't know what is.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
The first encounter with the water monster thingy in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

mrc390

Jan 31, 2011
First time going to the outlands in WoW, Mongol invasion in Medieval 2 and the ending of mass effect 2

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
The entire last hour of Metal Gear Solid 2. Anyone who has played it knows what In talking about.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
TSsssss ......

nothing has made me go "oh shit!" like that one .... Sneak up on me and go TSsssss, and I'm a-start punchin'!

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
The final battle in Mass Effect one, then the final cutscene in two.

The first was more of a, holy shit I don't wanna die aaaaaaaah

The second was, holy shit this is epic! oh crap run run run run run run aaah!

God of Path

God of Path
Jul 6, 2011
Modern Warfare just seemed overdone to me, and the whole EMP/nuke bit lost it's interesting novelty when it was impossible to see a damned thing, which made shooting, arguably the only point on the game, nearly impossible. So while I did think "shit," it was Hole-y not holy. A couple of great moments from a game that frequently scared me were in RE4. The first time someone's head explodes in a plaga-thing basically comes from nowhere and freaked me for a bit. The second time when you meet some normal dogs for the first time, and they maul you and you're sitting there going "SHITSHITSHITSHIT" trying to survive. And the next one that really stuck out at me was next time you see the dogs, now thoroughly weary of them, you nigh on shit yourself when they explode into plaga-things too.

mrc390

Jan 31, 2011
SmileyBat said:
The cannibal town in Fallout 3. So you're walking around the wasteland looking for people to rob when you pick the lock of a certain storage shed. Up till this point the locals have given you zero notice throughout the game. You find that the contents of the shed is a slaughterhouse for human meat; corpses on meat hooks, bones and viscera on plates and in fridges. Soon as you step outside, every single town resident (~8) is blocking your escape, blank faced and probably hungry. It doesn't matter what time of day it is either; I got through this in the dead of night. Freaking creepy.
lol I remember finding that town, there was something so wrong about it.. I remember I killed them first then found the dead bodies :L that's wasteland justics for ya

kordan11

Jul 31, 2008
Golan Trevize said:
Irridium said:
Watching The Colossus warp in and obliterate the enemy in Freespace 2 for the first time. Pretty sure my mouth was agape.

Also, quite a few story-related moments in Planescape: Torment.
Mine was "Dive dive dive! Hit your afterburners pilot!"

Also, the new Medusa in Freespace SCP is a model breathtaking beauty.
And after the dive, you look around and realise you're amidst a Sathanas fleet...

*Goosebumps*