Most "holy shit" inducing game section ever?

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
Recently, the first time I had to do a boss puzzle in Catherine. That...thing rushing towards Vincent and making terrifying noises really panicked me.
In a bit of an older game, the first time you see a Colossus is amazing moment.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Most recently it'd have to be running away from that freakin' terrifying spider in Limbo!

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
UncleUlty said:
Right now Cathrine especially the stage bosses though I've only seen the first two
pretty much this X/! *shudders* the creepy ass boss at the end of stage 2 in particular screwed me over so many times with his control reversing hearts X(

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
That reminds me - Portal
When you get carted past the cake sign and suddenly there is nothing but a PIT of FIRE all around you.

Although - that was more of an OH SHIT moment than a HOLY SHIT moment...

ArtemusClydeFrog

Feb 1, 2011
I don't know if it's the biggest "holy shit" moment, but Red Dead Redemption really made me drop my jaw when...
... I'd just gotten used to the ranching clothes and the lighter setting and thought the game was just about to wrap up - and John Marston suddenly gets shot to shreds, years pass in which his wife dies as well and I play as his son in the end game!
The revenge I took on the guy responsible did NOT make up for that at all and the game ended with a deep sense of hopelessness and despair. That strikes me as one of the most mature things I've encountered in a game story-wise.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Jove said:
Sean Hollyman said:
When Liberty Prime got nuked in Fallout 3: Broken Steel.

I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOLY SHIIIIIIT!!
Me too man :(. At first though I was like "HOLY SHIT!!!", but then when i just saw the head I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DAMN IT WHY!!!"
'Twas a very sad moment.

He must be in a future game.

kinapuffar

Nov 26, 2010
Honestly, the only thing that comes to mind is the boss battle against the giant worm thing in Prototype.
I was flying around between buildings and doing cannonballs from the tops of skyscrapers and hitting the ground, cars flying all around me, civilians fleeing in terror as I cut them down because they're in my way.

I just couldn't believe how much carnage I was creating. It was surreal, I just had to take a step back and laugh about how awesomely powerful I was.

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
Definately the Choir in Amnesia: Dark Descent. That was the scariest "Holy Shit" moment for me. And I agree with most of the COD4 moments.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Most recently, that part in Bioshock when you encounter Dr. Steinmann. God, that was creepy. I'd put down what happens, but I don't know how to add spoiler tags.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Must be mass effect 2. Right at the beginning when Shepard walks out into the room with the breached hull. Everything is in zero gravity. Poo blowing up everywhere. Freaking flying chairs that moved when you ran into them. Amazing view of the planet below. Awesome.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Evilsanta said:
In Bayonetta at the end of the final boss.

You punch freaking god into the damn SUN!

If that's not a "Holy shit" moment then I don't know what is.
That was an awesome moment, made that whole battle worth it.

OT: For a negative one it was the second time you have to "fight" Pyramid Head in Silent Hill 2, but there's two of them that time. I was frantically running around like an idiot until they finally died.

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
The Regenerators from Resident Evil 4. Just hearing it made me nearly sh*t bricks, and to top it off, I was out of ammo on that part. You can imagine my reaction when it showed itself.

And also Andross from Starfox. Not one in particular, but every single time you face him in any Starfox game. He always manages to make me cuss, and give me nightmares for the next three days.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Gorilla Gunk said:
(Ditto for the Tower Knight)

It's a 10 story tall monster that's about to kill you and the two ghosts you brought along for the ride! and it has friends who are archers!

Suffice to say that after a perfect run to him (Being alive) with the help of two souls I made it to him,then got destroyed 10 seconds later.

geezah91

Feb 17, 2010
Has to be experiencing my first non-story Oblivion gate outside Bruma. The sky turned red and I thought oh wow this looks amazing, until I saw the gate spawning up in the mountain. The words "OH SHIT!!" were repeated so many times along with the odd "wow this looks amazi...SHIT!! RUN FASTER!!"