Most impossible fan base to please?

Epilepsy

Sep 16, 2010
arc1991 said:
Pokemon...many people are not happy with the current gen, i personally love it.

COD is another one...but to be fair it is the Devs fault... (looks over at Activision with an evil look)
You mean the publishers fault right? Activision didn't develop COD, Infinity Ward/Treyarch did.

drbarno said:
the sonic fanbase, they complain about everything that happens in the games,
To be fair, have you PLAYED a sonic game lately?

OT: For amount of complaining vs how good it actually is, it'd have to be Team fortress 2. Every time I logon it's people bitching about every little change in the game. Changes which are free i might add.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
There were those who complained that the new Diablo was "too colorful," "too vibrant."

And, naturally, Blizzard responded appropriately: They threatened to make it rainbows and lollipops instead.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Epilepsy said:
drbarno said:
To be fair, have you PLAYED a sonic game lately?
As a matter of fact I have, both Sonic 4 episode 1 and Sonic colours, both seem like perfectly fine games to me.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
For some reason Bioware fans come to mind. Before anyone tries to kill me for this let me point out that I am a Bioware fan. Basically I've heard one side of the fan base screaming about how Bioware should go back to a Baldur's Gate themed game and when Dragon Age comes out they scream about how it's too different from Balduer's Gate. Then I've heard the other side of the fan base who screams and whines about how "Dragon Age isn't a scifi game so it sucks."

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
DigitalAtlas said:
In fact, you could argue the entire JRPG fanbase is being far too picky this gen.
How so? Could it be that this generation isn't up to par with the last one? Arguing consoles here, handhelds have become a haven for JRPGs.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
drbarno said:
To be fair, most of the recent games have sucked beyond all comprehension (lest we forget the furry romance or the Werehog), so I think they're entitled to complain a bit.

I'm gonna have to go with the Marvel vs Capcom crowd. Or really, ANY crossover fighting game crowd.

By their very nature, crossover games are limited to showcasing only a few characters from either franchise, there simply isn't any way to include every single character from both sides.

The problem is, that this means that someone is going to be unhappy that their favorite got cut. Name any crossover game you can think off, and I bet you can think of at least ONE character you really wish got in.

This is basically a free ticket for the pissed-off fanboys.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
All of them, there's not a single fanbase that doesn't cry with every new game they put out. Or even with currently out games that are being updated.

Like Minecraft fans, holy crap game is in beta and they're whining about bugs? Has anyone played Black Ops during the first few months? Most people couldn't play the PC version till 3 months in because they failed to get the game running on Dual Cores. And there's STILL a ton of bugs in it and this is a FINISHED GAME not a beta like Minecraft.

Hell Dragon Age is bugged to all hell including the Dex stat not functioning as it should, even though Bioware said it was fixed, it still doesn't work properly. (this is what I heard from a friend who loves the game I don't know the specifics)

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
So apparently I have multiple MASSIVE brain hemorrhages because, hey guess what, I like the new Sonic games and I'm a fan. I have no idea when everyone decided to announce their opinion as the law of the land.

And c'mon, no one is entitled to ***** about a game series, they can just ignore it, no need to whine about the eye color, buy the game, and proclaim it the worst thing ever.

Seriously though, I actually quite like the Sonic games. All of them.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Tax_Document said:
The MMO Market.

"Too grindy."
"I don't feel like I'm working towards anything."
"You only get more gear so you can raid."
"It's too repetitive."
"Too many random encounters."

Ect.
Or sometimes the reverse:

Its too easy, noobs can get all the l33t gear straight away!
Only hardcores should get to raid endgame content
PVE is too easy/PVP is too easy, make it harder so bad players dont get stuff!

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Nintendo specifically Zelda, though even people who arnt part of their fanbase seem to allways complian even though nintendo allways makes very good games people allways have something to whine about.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
A large part of The pokemon fanbase, yes that's been said a lot but hear me out. These guys literally are literally against things because they're new. As some of you know the 5th "gen" (set of new pokemon) came out recently. Now, on several websites, bulbagarden serebii *cough* the escapist*cough* people are talking about their strategy or their favorite pokemon or whatever, and some guy comes in and says (the newest gameset) sucks and that Anyone who likes what came after (two gens ago) is "sadly mistaken" as if the old ones were some kind of absolute good. There's a reason for this

These people have Xenophobia,and the reason it's always (2 gens ago) is because The Rest of the pokefanbase Have good enough memory to remember when these guys hated (the previous gen).

TheLiham

Apr 15, 2010
Yaoi... lol

but seriously its probably Half-life fans we've been waiting 4 years for a game with Portal and Portal 2 to keep us going imagine how duke nukem fans feel. I mean even Halo gets a proper series game every 3 years not everyone can keep up with fucking call of duty.

ten.to.ten

Mar 17, 2011
What came to mind was Sonic fanboys, but I'm not gonna say that because I think Sonic fanboys do have a point, almost every Sonic since Sonic Adventure 2 has been abysmal and I really do think that if Sega ever went all out and made a good Sonic game then you'd hear a lot less complaining. I've heard much, much less complaining about Sonic Colours than I have about Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 or Sonic Unleashed.

I'm going to say Final Fantasy instead, because more than any other fandom I've seen, FF fans absolutely adore one game in the series (usually FF6 for Americans my age and FF7 for Europeans/Australians and slightly younger Americans, sometimes it's FF8 or FF10) and are always disappointed that the new game isn't going to recapture the je ne sais quoi of the one they fell in love with when they first played it at age 13 with rose coloured glasses on.

Look at FF13, that has gotten nothing but endless hatred ever since it came out, but every single criticism of it could also apply to FF10 (apart from complaints about the battle system). You know why you notice all the flaws of FF13 and not FF10? Because you're 21 instead of 13 and it's almost impossible to not let nostalgia cloud your objectivity.