Most Ridiculously Overpowered Weapon?

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
smargh1015 said:
The experimental MIRV. Nine freakin' mini nukes. In a super mutant face.
Damn, beat me to it.

Seriously, that gun is SO over-powered (at least for Fallout 3's standards). You're firing about 1/10 of all the mini-nukes in the game with one pull of that trigger.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Future Hero said:
Vrex360 said:
Most of the mining equipment from Dead Space, the ripper, the line gun, the force gun, the plasma cutter (my affectionate favourite) all these tools were insanley overpowered. Making the hideous alien monsters spawned from fresh corpses look pitiful and weak by comparison.
Ironically the only actual WEAPON in the game was practically useless for the most part.

I've also resisted the urge to mention my beleif that in Halo 3 at least every weapon is balanced completely fairly, because I vowed to make less Halo themed posts. See I'm learning give me time and you will see results!
Really? I thought most of them were fairly balanced. The only bad ones were the ripper (which was like playing doom with a woodsaw instead of a chainsaw) and the flamethrower (which was like trying to set fire to a tiger using a lighter)
Well yeah, except that a single well timed shot from the force gun can knock most enemies away in a heart beat. Also the line gun, if you aim it at leg height can take out a whole row of enemies. The ripper can simply shred enemies apart and for me the Cutter was my favourite. It was standard but you could still defend yourself quite well and fortunatley ammo for the thing was very easy to find.
But even with overpowerment, there was no denying it. The dismemberment aspect of the combat was my favourite thing about Dead Space!!

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
I would have to say any weapon in fable 2 with a ghoul augment or the .50 cal in cod4.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Experimental MIRV from fallout 3, it takes half an hour to get it, another half an hour to get enough ammo for 1 shot and theres a good chance youll die as well when fired, mine hits something like 7K, thats about 3 1/2 behemoths o_0

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
AWP in CS.

Even in CSS it's still overpowered. To think they've toned it down from the original incarnation and it's still like shooting fish in a barrel shows just how game-breakingly bad it used to be.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
The yellow gun in Jak and Daxter

Has so much ammo, auto lock on, its the only wepon you reall use

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Unknower said:
Amsay said:
Cesasse said:
Rome: Total War.

CAAAAAVAAAAAALRYYYYYYYY!
This. Cavalry archers are near impossible to kill, especially if you have no cavalry yourself. These things could run and shoot at the same time, so they could kill you while keeping at a safe distance.
They carry shitloads of arrows too.
I did a test with cavalry archers, and a whole bunch of them couldn't annihilate a single decent infantry unit before running out of ammo.
Their entire purpose it seems is to be a nuisance and a distraction.

As for normal cavalry, they still work best with infantry in the mix. This is cheaper and with fewer losses.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
MrNades said:
The Sword of Truth from the South Park WOW episode.

by what u name that sword, i doubt you even have seen that episode. its called the Sword of a Thousand Truths. and by wow standards in WOTLK, 120 dps is the shit.

Xrysthos

Apr 13, 2009
The Experimental M.I.R.V. from Fallout 3? The one that shoots 8 mini-nukes at once. Pretty overpowered. The Death Star frow SW is also 'somewhat' overpowered, but I must say that for something you carry along with you it'd have to be the octo-nuke-launcher-thingie from Fallout 3 or the Gravity Gun in HL when it goes mental.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Evil Tim said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Barry93 said:
Pulse Cannon from R2
NO !

In R2 it's Nathan hales hands at the end !

He blows enemies into chunks of meat just by a simple wave of his hands !

even the titans didn't stand a chance !
That's just the Pulse Cannon's alt fire.
But the hands don't need to reload and have infinite ammo !

Metafarion

Apr 15, 2009
The Metal Blade in Megaman 2 could be used as your regular gun. It was infinately more powerful than the pea shooter, required less accuracy, took next to no energy, could fire upwards and on diagonals. Plus Metal Man was a total pushover so it was easy to get.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
The Farsight from Perfect Dark. It's a one-hit-kill, sees, shoots and aims through walls for you.

/thread.