Most stupid personal question you've been asked?

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
Boy: *hisses and glares* Are you a witch?
Me: No, I'm a vampire.
Boy: Rolls out the welcome wagon and asks me to join the cool kids.

Weirdest car trip ever.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Weird, I was thinking about making a thread just like this today... OP IS IN MY BRAINZ! OH NO!!!!!!!

Little brother: ", what do they drive in Mario Kart?"
Me (stunned): "Go... karts... ?"
Little brother: "Ok! Thanks!"
Me: "._. Did you really just ask me that..."

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Nathan Crumpler said:
Also, some one asked my brother this question.

(My brother is black btw) "So, like... is your jizz black?"
Just to fuck with them, I would have said "Its actually brown and smells like chocolate syrup"

Captcha: teh inter webs
These captchas are becoming self-aware...

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
-"How much pubes do you have"
-"....What?..."
-"You know..."

I was literally asked this on a date.
Just to mess with her I said.

"Well, if I had to say I would guess somewhere between rotten cocoanut and Hagrid's Beard."

I will never forget her face:

D:>

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
IndomitableSam said:
I have an identical twin sister - the only thing different about us is that her hair is a few inches longer. People will always ask us "Are you twins?" which isn't so dumb in itself... but there are those rare, stupid few, who go on to ask "are you sisters?"

... No. No, we're not. We're just twins.
I think people do that out of politeness.
I get kind of uncombfortable asking people about their "twin" or if they're "twins" (which I don't because it's pretty damn obvious if people are twins or not). I have a friend who is an identical and I always refer his twin as his brother, he doesn't seem to mind.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
guidance said:
"Do you speak Jew?"

That wasn't even one person one time. Who is going around telling people Jewish is a language?
HAHAHA!
That put me in a fit!
The sad thing is I've heard this question been asked before, not to me but, you know just up and about.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
"Do you have a boyfreind?"
"No."
"Why not?!"
"I just... haven't really been interesting in dating."
"WHY NOT?!"
"... I just haven't...?"
"OMG you're a lesbian aren't you?"
"8| GTFO"

Srsly I do not need a man in my life to validate my existence -___- I mean, I think a boyfriend would be nice, but I'm not going to go out with someone just for the sake of having a boyfriend, and I have yet to really be attracted to someone :/

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
I get asked the twins question alot when I'm out with my younger brother.

Yes! He does look like me, but that doesn't mean he's my twin.
(Its just genetics and co-incidence)

He is 2 years younger than me you know... ¬_¬

Monochrome

Dec 7, 2010
QuantumT said:
Monochrome said:
Out of curiosity, in Portugal do they use your first name to separate you into groups as opposed to your last name? In the US, assuming your name was John Doe, you would be put into the A-D group as opposed to the E-H group, because last name is almost always the one used to do something like that.

PS- Sorry if this comes across as horribly ignorant or if I'm simply misreading your post.
Fair question.
We get sorted both ways, wich always makes for a lil confusion on certain events. But on that one we were sorted according to our first names, as was in the info section on the schools website.
So logically, my "friend", whose name starts with an F must have gotten a wrench to the noggin´cause I was right behind him on the name list on the website, wich he supposedly had to consult to know his place. Furthermore there´s the fact that I was there, and not in front of some other classroom, wich immediately would get another person´s brain thinking: "Ho, so his name really IS Doe John, and not the other way around"

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Gatx said:
So I'm on a bus, and this lady gets on, sits next to me, and starts a conversation. Just small talk stuff, "Are you a student?" etc. etc. So when it gets to my major, I tell her "English," and she asks "English as a second language or..." In my head I'm thinking "Lady, we've been talking for five minutes, surely you would've noticed that I don't have an accent," but I just politely clarify English literature.

Oh yeah, I'm not white by the way.
To be fair there are people that can speak English perfectly and imitating an American or English accent perfectly, even though it's not their first language, I know it happens often with sons of immigrants, since they learn both languages pretty early on they tend to learn how to speak English without an accent, funnily enough the Mexican guys I've met that are like this speak Spanish with a weird accent instead, even though they learned that language first.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Whenever I tell people that I'm an undertaker, almost always there is the question,

"So, do you sleep with the dead people?"

I think (I hope) its said in jest, but its so annoying.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
When i was a freshman and got injured playing (american)football, i had a nasty knee injury (unhappy triad) and my leg was all crooked and disfigured from the joint, and my friend and teammate asked me if I could walk.

If i could walk i would've walked over and slapped him for stupidity

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
"Do you believe in god" my first psychiatrist asked me this

me "do you think if I did the court would still have ordered me to see you three times a week"

He chuckles "I guess not eh"

me "that question was redundant"

Him "I know"

WTF this moment still haunts me years later, and I've experienced terrible things, that bastard even claimed I had a high probablity of recidivism.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
?How heavy is you'r period usually??
Who asks this shit of people they have only just met? For that matter, who asks this shit at all?

I have had some one repeatedly ask me about Scotland despite the fact that I told them more than once I have never been to Scotland and know little about it.

People asking if my cousin is my girlfriend. This has happened more than once and I have no idea why. When you see to girls walking around together do you automatically assume they are a lesbian couple? We don?t hug, kiss or hold hands and I don? think either of us look like the lesbian stereotype so I have no clue where this is coming from.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
Ryan Minns" post="18.383182.15152401 said:
"...Is it in?"

...*Dies a little inside*

/quote]

Must be a Spanish thing :)

"Are you asleep?" -when I'm answering my cell...

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
The first one was after I was hit by a car:
"Are you all right?"
Then
"Can you walk"
I didn't give a sarcastic answer because she was a 60-something old woman.

Later on when I was in hospital a friend came and asked me, how are you day?
I replied sarcastically:
"I have miraculously regained the ability to walk again, so I decided to strap myself down to the bed again"

It amazes me what some of the stupid things people say.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Binnsyboy said:
Legion said:
"Have you ever sacrificed yourself?"

During my "Goth phase". No context was given beyond that. Suffice to say the question was too idiotic to respond to.
The fuck does sacrificing yourself even mean?
Who knows.

I assumed they associated "Goth" with "Satanism" and associated "Satanism" with "Sacrificing things".

As for how one could sacrifice themselves and still be alive to give the answer "Yes", we can only imagine.

solemnwar said:
"Do you have a boyfreind?"
"No."
"Why not?!"
"I just... haven't really been interesting in dating."
"WHY NOT?!"
"... I just haven't...?"
"OMG you're a lesbian aren't you?"
"8| GTFO"

Srsly I do not need a man in my life to validate my existence -___- I mean, I think a boyfriend would be nice, but I'm not going to go out with someone just for the sake of having a boyfriend, and I have yet to really be attracted to someone :/
I suspect that a similar logic is why a lot of people I know secretly think I am gay. I'd quite happily point out that most of them are in relationships out of either habit, fear of being single or duty (to wife and/or kids), but I get the impression that'd be construed as jealousy.

blah_ducks

Dec 21, 2009
I would say "Are you a boy or a girl?" if people would actually ask me that instead of assuming I'm male. >|

Although I occasionally get the "Yes, ssssss?" when I'm at a restaurant because the waiter caught themselves almost saying sir before confirming my gender. Although I'm starting to wonder if my voice isn't girly enough to tip people off.

Oh, and there was that one time a janitor followed me into the bathroom because she thought I was a boy sneaking in -__-

Skrag The Summoner

Apr 20, 2011
i was once asked if i was stephen fry......yet i am australian (i may have strong english heritage but I've lived in australia all my life and i look nothing like the man)

im not sure if it is regarded as personal but it was bloody funny

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
............oh boy......a rare opportunity to post something really, REALLY stupid I asked to a girl in the past.........here I go:

Did you really discussed with others about my giant p*nis?

The girl I know when she heared that she was like:

I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS EXPRESSION!!!! THIS IS EXACLY HOW SHE LOOKED WHEN SHE HEARED THIS SPECIFIC QUESTION OF MINE........Also she got short hair...

After some seconds of confusion, she asked me "what?" and then I said quickly "forget about my question...."

Never in our lifes discussed about this event....thankfully she is a ok girl and we get along back then really well.

EDIT:
Yes, I know it is about to be asked, but I wanted to remove this weird event from my chest...
Also don't ask me why I asked this question......it is a looooooonnnngggg story -_-....