Most Underrated Games

Apr 13, 2010
Sanguinius- The Angel said:
Midnight Crossroads said:
I say it a lot: Fatal Frame

Final Fantasy 9 when it's stacked up against the others.
Fatal Frame? I've heard of it, but the idea of how you kill enemies just sounds ridiculous to me. xD And FF9.. Just blegh. That game was good until this point:

Where it puts you into that temple where you can't use any magic, without telling you that you won't be able to use magic there. Makes that place impossible when the only character you have doing ANY damage at all is Zidane. Not to mention it was utterly short. I was at that temple within like.. Three hours or so of game time. Seriously. ; / .. Oh, and the plot. A Super Soft? Really?
It does tell you that you can't use magic in the place. The guy who sends you there (game's been out for ages but best to spoiler it) tells you this in the dialogue when you ask why he didn't just go there. So really thats not a valid excuse, just poor planning and maybe too much skim reading :p

On topic:- Killing Floor.

Joshdemon

Oct 23, 2009
Civilisation II: Test of Time. It put in the sci-fi and fantasy modes and had hotseat play (which, to my knowledge, were never again present in a Civ game).
Choices which I have a feeling will be hotly contested/moaned about
Morrowind, Ocarina of Time, N64 Mario Kart, Thief, and the Walords Battlecry series (especially 3).
Seriously, if anyone out there has an awareness of the Warlords Battlecry series, please let me know. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some weird hallucination.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Okami is an unfortunat example. We need to drum up support for it. It would be wonderful if an HD version was released.

Joshdemon

Oct 23, 2009
Googenstien said:
Hearts of Iron series (1,2,3) actually almost anything Paradox does it solid and on a small almost unknown scale.

Sins of a Solar Empire.. while not as underrated as most, it should have been a huge game IMO or at least much bigger.

Fallen Earth is a really solid and fun, same with Darkfall in the MMO area.
I know. A friend of mine has Sins of a Solar Empire and I'm fighting the urge to just order it right now

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
Midnight Crossroads said:
I say it a lot: Fatal Frame

Final Fantasy 9 when it's stacked up against the others.
Fatal Frame was good for how creepy and hard it was. The puzzles where actually challenging.
Final Fantasy 9 will always be my favorite no matter what anyone says.

MMETEORAGA1994

Jul 12, 2010
Gabriel Xollan said:
Explosm said:
Kingdom hearts none of my friends have heard of it.

Also the search bar is quite underrated
Not so underrated as you might think. In fact I was surprised to find that many local shops in my area now carry KH t-shirts and posters as a normal commodity. Also I had a guy in Hardee's stop me to go on about an hour long discussion of the game series based upon the shirt I was wearing.

But I will say that the most underrated game I will keep promoting till the end of time...no not Star Ocean (that was mainly an inside joke)

SHADOW HEARTS II Covenant!
I'm actually playing through Shadow hearts II now lol. It's highly under-rated, especially since the combat is so smooooooooooth.

I'd say the most under-rated game, err, my under-rated game or whatever, is Ico. And I know it's cliche to say Ico is under-rated, but if you're reading this post, think to yourself 'have i ever played Ico?'. There's your answer

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Blemontea said:
Nier, GAMEINFORMER IS FULL OF LIES! LIES I TELL YOU! along with one of my personal favorites, Chibi-Robo not sure if its underrated or if people just think its average but it makes picking up trash fun, and being a little robot interacting with toys funner, it awesome.
Yeah! I loved Chibi-Robo.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Vexx, Chaos Legion, Darksides, Read Dead Revolver...

The list is ridiculously long, and I'm prepared to be burned for this, but Devil May Cry 2 was an excellent and underrated game.

I just wish more people had played Read Dead Revolver, it was amazing.

Oh! Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 (Chronicle for us europeans) were both great too.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I imagine there's going to be a couple people who disagree with me on this one, but I would have to go with TimeShift.

Sure the time slow mechanic isn't new, but the game is still a lot of fun with various weapons, setting, and making people explode just by running into them with a 4 wheeler while time is stopped.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
From what I've seen personally: Rogue Galaxy and Justice League Heroes. RG because it came so late in the PS2's life that it was kinda ignored despite being awesome, and Justice League Heroes because I'm a colossal fanboy.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Joshdemon said:
Civilisation II: Test of Time. It put in the sci-fi and fantasy modes and had hotseat play (which, to my knowledge, were never again present in a Civ game).
Choices which I have a feeling will be hotly contested/moaned about
Morrowind, Ocarina of Time, N64 Mario Kart, Thief, and the Walords Battlecry series (especially 3).
Seriously, if anyone out there has an awareness of the Warlords Battlecry series, please let me know. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some weird hallucination.
OMG Warlords Battlecry III that was the game I was trying to think of this morning when I posted my response.. it was a really good indy RTS series.

Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R is a great addition to this

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
HG131 said:
Blemontea said:
Nier, GAMEINFORMER IS FULL OF LIES! LIES I TELL YOU! along with one of my personal favorites, Chibi-Robo not sure if its underrated or if people just think its average but it makes picking up trash fun, and being a little robot interacting with toys funner, it awesome.
It seems that you've NEIRly gone mad!

OT: I don't say this enough, MARATHON.
I see what you did there. Seriously anybody who reads this should get Nier its amazing