Name your shotgun.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
My shotgun's name is Elmo. My grandpa used him for two tours in Vietnam, and I've had Elmo since he died. At some point the Sesame Street puppet stole Elmo's name.

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
The 870MCS from Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 I lovingly dubbed "Gibbs", mainly because I had Gibbs-esque accuracy, to the point where I gained most of my Marksman levels with it.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
dancinginfernal said:
Olivia, my Ranger Sequoia in Fallout: New Vegas.

Never leave home without her. She's lead me through Dead Monkey, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and eventually Lonesome Road.

Alternatively, I call the shotgun in FEAR Mr. Shotty. I'm betting a lot of you know why.
How did she lead you through Dead Money? I thought you couldn't take weapons into the Sierra Madre.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
I'm calling the Spas-12 in HL2 "The Double Double," because of how often I use the double shot, and also cause I'm Canadian HURRRRRRR, eh.

MisterDyslexo

Feb 11, 2011
OK Shotgun. You know Earthbound, right? Well anything hostile is earthbound, because it'll hit the dirt.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
.No. said:
dancinginfernal said:
Olivia, my Ranger Sequoia in Fallout: New Vegas.

Never leave home without her. She's lead me through Dead Monkey, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and eventually Lonesome Road.

Alternatively, I call the shotgun in FEAR Mr. Shotty. I'm betting a lot of you know why.
How did she lead you through Dead Money? I thought you couldn't take weapons into the Sierra Madre.
Oh, you're right. I completely forgot about that.

I guess you could say she was with me in spirit, assuming guns have spirits.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
Real life: Remington 12 guage pump action shotgun. Name: Fido. Why? She has bark AND bite. Pump this while an enemy is on the other side of a door, the distinctive noise will cause severe bowel evacuation.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Lesee... I got my Needler "Lucille", my Gravity Gun "Big Bertha" and my Keyblade "Vera".

...What?

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
The Hammer from Cold Winter was pretty kickass, I guess I'd name it Jack.
(Cuz get it?! Jack?! Hammer!?! lolol....)
Also I remember calling the Scatter Shot from Jak II and III "The Forget-Me-Not" And "The Corn-Holer". Though it sucked, it still smacked sense into any metalhead or Crimson Gaurd who got close enough.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Betty. I'm not sure why, but they always do seem like a Betty.

Can't say I'm much of a shotgun person though. They're too sloppy and restrictive, and I like things... neat.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
The M1897 Trench Gun (with optional bayonet)

He's always one for meeting new people
Formerly known as 'Lincon's Repeater'

She hasn't let me down yet
Formerly known as 'The Terrible Shotgun'

Good for 'talking' my way out of sticky situations.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
I stuck with a single PSG-1 sniper rifle for quite some time in Left 4 Dead 2. I named it "BR34K H34DS". On a separate playthrough, I discovered an auto shotgun lying by a blood-stained corpse; she had clearly fought to the death. In her memory, I picked up her shotgun and named it the "Grim Fucking Reaper". It seemed appropriate.

Also, I name every single FY-71 (or as I prefer to call it, "Space AK") I pick up in Crysis, seeing as I tend to hold on to them for hours on end. My most recent one was "Geromy" and he was indeed my best friend.

EDIT: Fun trivia fact! According to Wikipedia, the first two tommy gun prototypes were named the "Annihilator" and the "Persuader".