Names you just can't keep a straight face to

Maniclings

Jan 14, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
King of Asgaard said:
Topical answer: Warfighter
Pahahahaha.....
That is worst name someone could inflict on their child.
At the school my mum works at there are kids enrolled with these names

Abcd - pronounced like abseadee

Shitter - pronounced as it is spelt ._.;

Shithead - this one is apparently pronounced something like Shiii aheeed, but the spelling really is Shithead.

no joke ;/

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Combustion Kevin said:
when's the last time you met someone named "dick".

bonus points if he's also a nice dude.
I actually knows someone named Dick.
He's not particularly nice though so no bonus points for me.
Guess its hard to be a nice guy when you've been called a dick all your life.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
seagoon said:
I once knew and Indian man who's name was Rajesh ArsPaarter (literally pronounced: Arse Parter)
The Indians get a bit of bad luck on the names I must say. My brother went to school with a guy whose name was Prikshit, pronounced as it's written. I had a hard time staying on the chair first time I heard that, I mean you can't even shorten his name to something somewhat reasonable. At least ArsPaarter has some awesome implications =D

G32420NL

Jul 3, 2012
Vegosiux said:
Okay, I've been thinking. Some names just make me chuckle inside. Or even outside. However, first...a disclaimer.

This thread is not about unfortunate name combinations such as Drew Peacock, Goodluck Jonathan or Lucious Pusey (one of those guys is the current president of Nigeria, by the way, and another plays for E. Illinois Panthers).

Nor is it a thread about names of characters who make you chuckle.

It's about normal, everyday names, names that most people would consider innocuous, yet for some reason, you can't, and about the names themselves, as in, the mere mention of which makes you giggly.

So let me begin. Names I can't keep a straight face to, in my case. Oh and by the way, let's just say that "Richard" is likely to pop up often, huh? But, yeah...

Gerald, Sonny, Dominic, Jennifer, Freddie being the main ones I have a hard time keeping a straight face to. No idea why.
Well you hit right on the money :p
My name is Gerard (close enough) and my brothers name is Richard XD

Reginald the Butler

Mar 29, 2012
There was a girl who was two classes behind me in High School. The family's last name was Walker, so you know what her parents chose named her? Sky. That's right, Sky Walker. Poor girl...

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I know some.
I've met real people with these names.
Seymour Butts(*Snickers*)
Jack Hoffman (Jack-off Man, second best superhero ever)
JamesCameron NoRelation (Legally changed his name from James Cameron after Avatar came out)
Thick-Tang Poo (It's Korean, And that's Mr. Poo to you.)
Christopher Wang (not that funny but he's in the process of getting his middle name changed to " 's Magic" so his driver's license would say Christopher's Magic Wang)

Ones I know are funny but never met
Mike Hunt
Ben Dover
Erma Gurd

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
It's not an unfortunate name, but I think Paul is very funny.

Also, most stereotypical female black names sound funny to me. Not that they're bad, they just sound funny.

Any of those names that are almost one word, but not quite, or almost another name, but spelled stupidly to make it "unique" are hilarious.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Cranky said:
Long, complicated and unique names. Seriously, there's tons of people with those where I'm living. Werid combinations for first names like Nicholionel or some thing. What the hell.
Combination names always made me laugh. Like the mother wanted Karl, and the Father wanted Leonard so Karleonard is what they go with.

But long complicated unique names are my favorites. I feel bad for any kids I may have, because they're getting names like Arcturus and Kaliyah because I'll pay for them to change when they're older.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Furbyz said:
The one that gets me the most is actually a last name: Krauthammer.

I just keep thinking that there had to be at least one soldier named Krauthammer with the Allies in WWII. It's just such a perfect name in that context. But what if he was stationed in the Pacific? Did he want to be in the European theater so he could live up to his name?

I actually have no idea if the term kraut is considered offensive in this day and age or not, and if so, I do apologize.
LMAO! I'll write his life story right now. 3rd Generation American, grew up in Cincinatti, great-grandparents were Prussian refugees. He feels waging war is revenge. Quentin Tarantino MAKE THIS A MOVIE!

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Mitt Romney.

I like to think the full name is Mittens, like a cat. :D (I know his first name is actually Willard)

Justyn Stahll

Jul 22, 2010
3 Names
Dick
Assenheimer
Fuchtman

And yes these are all real names, the last one is the Mayor of my town.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
Combination names always made me laugh. Like the mother wanted Karl, and the Father wanted Leonard so Karleonard is what they go with.
I had a class with a girl named Crystalice for exactly that reason.

In high school there was a Chinese boy named Peter Pan. I find the last name "Cummings" to always be worth a few giggles.

And lets not forgot the Escapist's own Steve Butts.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
Furbyz said:

I just keep thinking that there had to be at least one soldier named Krauthammer with the Allies in WWII. It's just such a perfect name in that context. But what if he was stationed in the Pacific? Did he want to be in the European theater so he could live up to his name?

I actually have no idea if the term kraut is considered offensive in this day and age or not, and if so, I do apologize.
LMAO! I'll write his life story right now. 3rd Generation American, grew up in Cincinatti, great-grandparents were Prussian refugees. He feels waging war is revenge. Quentin Tarantino MAKE THIS A MOVIE!
The next question is his rank. Private Krauthammer? Corporal? Major Krauthammer?

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Furbyz said:
Owen Robertson said:
Furbyz said:

The next question is his rank. Private Krauthammer? Corporal? Major Krauthammer?
Marine Gunnery Seargent. Gunny Krauthammer is the title.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
Furbyz said:
Owen Robertson said:
Furbyz said:

I like it. It has possibly as many weapons as can fit into one name.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Stripper names (you know), names that are countries (like India and Lebanon, extra points if there is NO CHANCE the person is from that country), names obviously spelt with an 'i' where a 'y' should be, and I was going to leave it at that but having seen a couple of posts I am reminded of Waluigi and can add Lucious Pusey to my list.

On a side note, not amusing, but nnoying, are names in Maths textbooks and other school-related things, which set out to be so deliberately multicultural that they end up using obscure names even within the culture, and more absurdly, spell common names really stupidly. Like Cait, and Heylehn. I've seen both of those and gone "Why the fuck can they not just say "A cube was built"? I don't care who is building the cube, they're only going to paint all the faces grey and take it apart again. The bastard."

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Faith: Hello, I'm Faith!
Me: Hello, Faith, I'm an atheist.

Yes, as previously stated, Faith is a name I just can't take seriously. Also names that are things, like Hope, Charity, Battery, Thermos, etc..etc..

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Furbyz said:
Owen Robertson said:
I like it. It has possibly as many weapons as can fit into one name.
Full name Volker (which means army) Aelfgar (which means elf spear) Ludovic (which means famed warrior) Krauthammer. Nickname: Hammer, cause he's got a huuuuuge **** lol.