Naughty Dog: Uncharted 2 'Impossible' On Xbox 360

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
meh keep uncharted the first on was good till the zombies showed up kinda like far cry but in the end we still nicked the new final fantasy which will live up to the age old tradition of square

being that the first final fantasy on a system is always awesome talking FVII and FFX my 2 fave final fantasys rant/

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
If Uncharted 2 doesn't need installations, then WHY THE HELL DOES MGS4?!
Because they were paid by the cigarette companies! Why God why?!

I don't get the whole "cannot be done on another system" bit. First off who would by a system on those claims alone it's a bit odd. And I'm pretty sure it COULD, mind you the game would be several discs but the 360 has more ram, and the OS takes less ram as well (though sony recently fixed their OS ram eating) so there's more memory to work with and I'm pretty sure my 360 has an HDD...hold on ......yep a crappy 20GB one but it has one.

What I'd like to see them do is get Uncharted working on a Sega genesis, maybe they'd have to invent the Sega BD (Sega Bluray) addon that'd undoubtedly have 4 power supplies but c'mon guys think about it! You could have Flashback style gameplay and the amount of video you'd be able to put on it would be 200x more because you've only got 256 colors to work with!

(I was just playing Flashback on Genesis/Mega Drive, I couldn't resist a bad joke)

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Yegargeburble said:
I have a better reason for Uncharted 2 to not be on the 360: It's predecessor was a console exclusive game.

I don't want to play the sequel to a game I never played...
Thats no so bad. Its worse really when they DONT put it on the same console. Manhunt was on the xbox, Manhunt 2 was on everything BUT xbox. Sure it sucked, but it just seems...illogical.

Why wont it work on 360? Cause of graphic whoring? A pretty game thats not fun sucks. A fun game thats ugly...doesnt. Though an ugly game that sucks sucks more than the sucky pretty game.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Woodsey said:
Oh God there's an unnecessary fan boy argument

"Your console sucks!"
"No your console sucks!"
"No both your consoles suck!"
Sorted.
Call me an elitist if you like but I find it amusing when console owners start frantically pointing at the other shouting "Mines better its runs this game!"
By their standards the PC is a god as EVERY game on 360 and PS3 can be made to work in a PC enviroment, and there are PC games that consoles can only dream of running for a multitude of reasons.

SnippyWings

We're on a bridge charlie!
Aug 25, 2009
Irridium said:
Well, I guess thats why I own all consoles.
you lucky person.

buti never saw much of the first one and a friend told me it was awful so i dont really care although i believe the statement to be false

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Uncharted 2 is a game I look forward to a hell of a lot, but I wish Naughty Dog wouldn't sacrifice their integrity with this mud slinging, it's just plain pathetic.

Fair enough if they want to say that they're using the PS3's potential and putting it to good use, but they don't need to bluntly come out with statements like "it's not possible on 360", because all that does is show they're not as good at programming as they should be. Any good programmer can use a little thing called compression.

Fallout 3 looks magnificent and the environments are large and open, whereas Uncharted is relatively linear, and I don't see the environments looking much better on Uncharted 2 logically. This just shows Naughty Dog can't code to the level of Bethesda and other devs save their lives.

If it truly does use up the Blu-Ray, and isn't about 10 times larger and less linear than the original Uncharted, then I'm certain they're just using the rest of the disc's capacity for cutscenes.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I hope Sony doesn't use this to brag.

It's like "Our steak is so thick, you'll need our slightly longer fork to eat it." when the steak in question wasn't that delicious in the first place.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
hansari said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
[HEADING=2]When it's not relevant! Haha![/HEADING]
I'd like to see them say this about God of War 3 :p
"But but but...it's just God Of War 2 HD!"

And so on. I'll stay part of the PC gaming master race and wait for Crysis 2. And laugh when people actually try and say the console versions of Crysis 2 look like shit. >_>

I'll just never understand...

DarkRyter said:
I hope Sony doesn't use this to brag.

It's like "Our steak is so thick, you'll need our slightly longer fork to eat it." when the steak in question wasn't that delicious in the first place.
Your metaphors need to stop being so good. Especially with the Hugh Laurie avatar staring at me.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Continuing, Balestra adds: "The fact that every PS3 has a hard drive is huge for us. It's the combination of Blu-ray and hard drive. You can play the entire game without loading. We don't require an install. We're doing all the post-processing effects on the SPUs [Synergistic Processing Units]. The quality of the depth of field we have, you can't do that on the Xbox."
Now they've got me interested. I'm a bit sceptical, but if they can pull it off, then awesome.
HyenaThePirate said:
But I can tell you this much... If this game doesnt sell like gangbusters after it's high production costs, you can bet your ass you'll see an Xbox port.
Because the bottom line is PROFIT.
Cause Naughty Dog isn't totally owned by Sony...
TheGreenManalishi said:
If Uncharted 2 doesn't need installations, then WHY THE HELL DOES MGS4?!
...Because it's an older game? That seemed kind of obvious.

Uncharted 1 was fun, and I'm sure 2 will be great and lovely and fill up a blu-ray disc...however, that doesn't mean it is impossible on a 360. It might require multiple discs, but it wouldn't be impossible.

Also, noticed alot of people making judgements about Uncharted without having ever played it. Way to go guys.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Hey guys, remember when the Capcom president said that Resident Evil 4 couldn't run on a PS2? And his exact words were that it would cause it to explode? Then a few months later it came out on PS2?

Yeah, that was awesome.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Chiefmon said:
What the hell? Who really cares about Uncharted?
tons of people do, it's a beautiful looking game and will look even better this time around as they've had a chance to work more with it

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
What a load of crap, there's lots of third person shooters on the Xbox360. This game is nothing special, other than being a console exclusive.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
In all honestly, it wouldn't be possible on the 360 in the shape that it's in.

If it was on the 360, Drake would have to be a big bald space marine.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
edgeofblade said:
Sony's first party puppet show. Price of admission: now "only" $299.
"only"

It's like 50 bucks more than a Wii isn't it? That's pretty impressive to me.

Or did I miss the point of this thread? I assume I mistakenly walked into a "bash a company" thread. Admittedly I don't own one yet, but the price is more than reasonable at this point (I think).