Neon Genesis Evangelion

silentNate

Apr 1, 2013
Grahav said:
TheTygre said:
Well to be fair, he did manage to blow Kaworu's head off.

And he would have made it with Asuka if he didn't choke it at the last minute.

But then again, who said ever Asuka doesn't like choking. Girls always become their mothers; am I right, fellas, or amirite?
You are a terrible person.

Good one, man!

If you want sadder than that look for this girl:

From the manga: It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!
Oh gawd, I actually read that manga... got sick of her introspection tbh... ugly on the inside was my final analysis :(

As for the latest Neon Genesis Evangelion movie (The Quickening) I saw it and loved it... sadly I needed to look at wikipedia just to explain what I had watched :eek:

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I find it disgusting that you expect teenagers to always want to have sex, but I really can?t blame you for that since the fault lies in this sex obsessed society That uses sentences like you need to get laid, and created rule 34.

yes that was rather pretentious and I do have a lot of issues.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
Thanks for the strip Grey and Cory, you've just summed up everything I found frustrating about that show in one page.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Eddras said:
as much as this is true Tenchi Muyo was far worst
true, but the difference is, that cast is actually likable.

sides, no matter who Tenchi picked, he'd have gotten horribly reamed by the rest.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Is there some kind of symbolism and extra to the message here that I'm not getting or are we legit criticizing Shinji Ikari for not having sex?

Well, at least watching Shinji and Kaworu yaoi would be pretty hot.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
blackrave said:
Silly Hats said:
Evil Smurf said:
You and you are both wrong
Let me introduce you to Elle Alexandra

Edit: Also I think Elle could cosplay Asuka far better. Well grown-up version of Asuka, that is :D
have they all worked together at one point?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Xpwn3ntial said:
Hey, Grey. You gonna make a tang joke next?
xD, they still sell Tang over here... I haven;t bought it in years though...<.<

Also, where's your avatar from, she's like super cute!

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Sacman said:
Xpwn3ntial said:
Hey, Grey. You gonna make a tang joke next?
xD, they still sell Tang over here... I haven;t bought it in years though...<.<

Also, where's your avatar from, she's like super cute!
It doesn't taste very good from what I remember...

And this is Saori of the series My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. She's a ton of fun even when you don't get to see her face.
And yes she is super cute!

Snooder

May 12, 2008
Devoneaux said:
To which I must ask: Why would anyone want season after season of that? It's very hard for me to like Evangelian because it just drags on and on and on, and it spends way too much damn time on introspective musing. I'd almost say it's overindulgent in that regard.
Because, to a large degree, it represents the experiences of the fans at a certain stage in their lives. Not so much the "fighting giant aliens" thing. But the feelings of loneliness and sexual frustration.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Devoneaux said:
Izanagi009 said:
fieryshadowcard said:
Eddras said:
as much as this is true Tenchi Muyo was far worst
Shinji, on the other hand, never made a move for no reason. Not on mom-clone 2000 (which he had no way of knowing at the time the window was wide open), not on Asuka (who he jerked off ON in the first movie, and who before the first series ended was wondering why he HADN'T made a move on her... before she completely suffered that mental breakdown), not on MILFsato who flat out said she'd have done him in the first movie (before dying horribly if I recall, but still) and will definitely not make a move on YOLOswag Mari.
You'd be surprised at how mental damage can affect people. He has been damaged and unable to trust people, or himself and the world doesn't help, anytime he gets close to someone, his heart and expectations are broken. The fact that they reference the hedgehog dilemma is evident of the Shinji's damage. As for Asuka and why he didn't make a move on her, she herself has closed herself off and berates Shinji at all time; she made it so that Shinji would not get the message that she's interested in him and in turn, Shinji slips into his depression even more causing a self repeating cycle of hate and inability to express feelings
To which I must ask: Why would anyone want season after season of that? It's very hard for me to like Evangelian because it just drags on and on and on, and it spends way too much damn time on introspective musing. I'd almost say it's overindulgent in that regard.
Here is the odd part, people who came in looking for a high intensity action mecha anime only get that for the first half before Anno had to change due to budget issues; so we got the interceptive look at otaku who Anno at the time hated for their "forced autism" (speaking as an actual autistic, otaku do seem to exhibit some of the traits such as lack of social skills and obsession. It would be interesting to see how much of the original otaku were actual autistics). It became the deconstruction that defined a fair bit of anime to come. You say it's overindulgent, I say it's an author making the work he wants with no concern about the criticism of fans which is something we need in this commercialized medium.

Now that Hideki Anno is on depression medication and is more stable mentally, I would like to see what he make in Evangelion the final; It may be a turning point in the fandom of Evangelion

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
This is actually one of the few times that I recognize the 'Cory Rydell and Grey carter' song lyrics. I feel good about myself now.

OniYouji

Jan 4, 2011
My only real problem with this is that the first panel never happened. In fact, nothing even close to that happens.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Shingi has the best dad ever, as pointed out by a precious CM comic and yet the dumb kid can't get his rocks off!? He pilots a mech in Japan, that fact alone should get him laid // You said here what we've all be screaming at our TV screen for years

-M