Never Enough "FUCK YOUS" For Bethesda

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009

In order to get a mode that was a free update to FO4 you need to shell out at least $15 to get the intentionally dickishly priced Survival Mode for Skyrim. The 800 "credit" price point was not an accident, they couldn't have accidentally made it just 50 points above what the cheapest pack of microtransaction motherfuckery gets you. So you are going to have to fork over 1/4 of the original price of the game to get what was a free update in FO4. They put the two Doom items for FO4 (Armor and BFG) at the same price point and for the very same reason.

So Fuckthesda is committing suicide and I'll be glad to see them die honestly.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Eh, they'll be a mod that does it better for free soon, if there isn't one already.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Download Campfire, Frostfall, iNeed: food water and sleep, and two mods that are very likely out there for lower carrying capacity and no health regen and you have the same thing. All for free. Heck, if you want more challenge you can add Wildcat to that for better and more challenging combat.

I'm wondering how successful this creation club actually is. No matter what they call it, it's literally paid mods. Not only that, but it's paid mods for mods you could already get for free from nexus. Are people actually buying this stuff? Are people really that stupid?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Just get that survival mod, something about frost or cold.
Ah, Frostfall [https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/?]. Almost 3 million downloads, and it won't cost you a penny.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
sanquin said:
Are people actually buying this stuff? Are people really that stupid?
I imagine there are, Bethesda is one of those companies that has built up a fairly rabid fanbase. I mean, this is probably putting a lot of faith in Bethesda, but I imagine the Creation Club would have been pulled by now if it wasn't getting anything.

OT: You know how you expect someone to do something but then they surprise you by going a step further? This is one of those times. Really trying to get the money from people's wallets.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
One thing I couldn't help but remember when I watched this video. Butthesda gives you 100 free points, don't they? So this can cost the low tier of 8 bucks, but still, fuck em. This whole situation is garbage. It's ensured that I will never install FO4 or skyrim ever again.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
gigastar said:
Wait, Skyrim and FO4 have microtransactions now?
Only if you want to pay for mods, yeah.
As that's what this all is, it's just paid mods under a different skin and name.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You see now why I fucking hate corporations. You say they're committing suicide, but you know people are going to buy it and that's why these fuckwad companies can get away with this shit.

Krai

Jul 30, 2013
They said they wouldn't just replicate things that modders have already done, but it seems like that is basically all that they have done. That and a joke about horse armor that really seems to betray a lack of self awareness.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Yeah fuck Bethesda for this! Fallout had it! And where are my guns in Skyrim? Huh? Fallout had those too! And I wanna summon Deathclaws, gimme Deathclaws in Skyrim Bethesda, cause Fallout had it. And traditional leveling systems, and voice acting, and an MMO that never came out..

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Bethesda; thinking we're stupid enough to pay for an inferior mod when we can get a superior one, and have been for years, for free.

Edit to Console Users: Damn, this has gotta feel like a slap in the face, but all the more reason to come join the mustard race, jah? :)

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
So a for profit company doing things to increase profits...

In other news... a baseball player plays baseball!

Jan 27, 2011
...Bethesda, what are you doing.

Yes, please offer what iNeeds and a few other mods already offer for 15 freakin' bucks, and see how most smart people will stick to the free mods that are probably way better anyway.

All we need now is for the board of directors to scratch their heads and go "I don't get it! We offer them the same thing that mods do in a nice safe environment and they won't pay for it! Those mods are now literally cutting into our profits! Shut them down! ...Oh my god why are people suddenly furious at us? We're giving them what they want! It's not our fault they just want everything for free! ...Oh, people aren't buying our games anymore? I guess that means there's no market for RPGs anymore, let's go remake fallout shelter a hundred times and tap into the mobile market!" and the train will have ridden off the rails and into the canyon. :(

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Kerg3927 said:
So a for profit company doing things to increase profits...

In other news... a baseball player plays baseball!
Skyrim unmodded offers hundreds of hours more game than most games that dont even have modding.

Id rather they work on TESVI than modding Skyrim. Should be more people complaining that they arent adding survival to Oblivion or Morrowind...or Arena.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Jesus fucking Christ Bethesda. Are you even trying anymore? What the fuck is this horseshit?