New Call of Duty game let's players be Non-binary

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Puberty blockers are reversible by simply stopping the treatement - they aren't 'one use = puberty is forever gone'. They're meant as a pause button for the teen to figure themselves out and if they actually are trans or not.
Looking into this myself, it seems that there are reports that say it's simply stopping the treatment will let puberty trigger as normal. However St. Judes makes a point to inform people that there are long term effects that are not reversible such as https://www.stlouischildrens.org/conditions-treatments/transgender-center/puberty-blockers limited genital growth, which may not be a big deal for women, but there is bound to be a further long term effect on a boy who had blockers for sometime only to find himself in later life with an underdeveloped penis.

They also point out that long term effects are not yet known, as this is fairly new science so it's hard to tell at this point. Plus there are several other short term effects as well, but short term ones aren't a big deal and can be mitigated with treatment, though I find it funny that you'll need treatment to address the issues of your other treatment.

If a teen has an enormous, benign growth covering half their face that causes them no physical ailment, but extreme psychological and physical distress, would you want to refrain them from undergoing surgery that might risk the teen's death, because they're still a child and don't know any better yet? Or would you allow them to make that call due to how much it impacts their psychological - and as a result physical - health?
This isn't the same thing though. This is a physical deformity that can be corrected with no adverse harmful effects. You saying that it could lead to death is an exaggeration and is like trying to say that a child should have a brain tumor removed because it might result in death, when the outcome is death either way.

Unless you're claiming a teen repeatedly expressing that they are trans is just them going through a phase or being influenced by the trans community, which I hope isn't the case.
And from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gende...his,puberty alleviates their gender dysphoria.

Prospective outcomes
Gender dysphoria in children is more heavily linked to adult homosexuality than to an adult transgender identity, especially with regard to boys.[2][3][4] The majority of children diagnosed with gender dysphoria cease to desire to be the other sex by puberty, with most growing up to identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual, with or without therapeutic intervention.[5][6][7][28] Prospective studies indicate that this is the case for 60 to 80% of those who have entered adolescence; puberty alleviates their gender dysphoria.[29] Bonifacio et al. state, "There is research to suggest, however, that [some desistance of GD] may be caused, in part, by an internalizing pressure to conform rather than a natural progression to non–gender variance."[30]

Data is suggesting that most young people who experience forms of Dysphroia grow out of it at quite the majority. Some studies suggest it's as much as 93%, while others realistically believe closer to 65%.

But what studies suggest now, is to hold off on puberty blockers in youth and instead encourage social transitioning first. Letting the child live the life of whatever gender this prefer and waiting to see if long term commitment to the differential gender holds.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And you mentioned the mom and son in that HBO documentary, but that doesn't really prove your point, since it's a clear example of a child NOT being forced to transition. The child liked wearing dresses (or whatever girly behavior he was apparently displaying), but stopped.
That's not true. The documentary seems to showcase instead that the mother put her little boy in dresses and convinced the little boy to tell everyone he was a girl. In the very scene I describe the boy is wearing a girl's outfit and has flowers in his hair, but when it comes to the moment to tell everyone that he's a girl, she refuses and the mother states that he is a girl and prefers she/her pro-nouns, for a child who isn't even old enough to know exactly what pro-nouns are.

However editing can alter what the viewer sees, so perhaps you are correct, but that isn't what the film shows.

EDIT: too long of a post again so it's split.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
However editing can alter what the viewer sees, so perhaps you are correct, but that isn't what the film shows.
I feel like this is an appropriate time to point out that documentaries are not news reels. Documentary filmmakers are looking to tell a story and the line between documentary and propaganda is at best blurry.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This isn't the same thing though. This is a physical deformity that can be corrected with no adverse harmful effects. You saying that it could lead to death is an exaggeration and is like trying to say that a child should have a brain tumor removed because it might result in death, when the outcome is death either way.
I know it's an exaggeration, that's why I used it as an example - If a child/teen is allowed to choose in that situation, why not in regards to transitioning? And there are actually people with major (not directly life threatening) deformaties where operation is risky due to blood loss.
That's not true. The documentary seems to showcase instead that the mother put her little boy in dresses and convinced the little boy to tell everyone he was a girl. In the very scene I describe the boy is wearing a girl's outfit and has flowers in his hair, but when it comes to the moment to tell everyone that he's a girl, she refuses and the mother states that he is a girl and prefers she/her pro-nouns, for a child who isn't even old enough to know exactly what pro-nouns are.

How is that an issue with the trans community though? A mother putting her son in dresses and trying to make him tell others he's a girl is a problem with the mother. It wouldn't be the first time parents did weird shit like that, and it's been happening long before the very recent rise of the trans community on youtube and social media.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
How is that an issue with the trans community though? A mother putting her son in dresses and trying to make him tell others he's a girl is a problem with the mother.
Well it's a problem because it affects the perception of the trans community in general as well as taints what I believe is supposed to be a very trans-positive documentary.

Ultimately I merely use that documentary as an example in the defense of not medically encouraging child transitioning. That's all.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Well it's a problem because it affects the perception of the trans community in general as well as taints what I believe is supposed to be a very trans-positive documentary.

Ultimately I merely use that documentary as an example in the defense of not medically encouraging child transitioning. That's all.
And yet, despite numerous people explaining to you how transition works, you still insist you know better than everybody else because you watched 1 documentary.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Please do not make intentionally provocative remarks aimed at other users.
And yet, despite numerous people explaining to you how transition works, you still insist you know better than everybody else because you watched 1 documentary.
1 documentary, countless podcasts and articles, several videos, and opt eds.

Okay then, why don't you explain it to me like the 5-year-olds you wanna gender confuse.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

Okay then, why don't you explain it to me like the 5-year-olds you wanna gender confuse.
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Numerous people have explained it way better than I ever could. You just didn't listen.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

Classic kafkatrap. You didn't listen because you don't agree with them.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Please do not insult other users
Well so long as he brings his own lube, I'm good to go.

alright then.
Buyetyen doesn't like it if I don't dogpile you, it means they can't socially shame you into their position as effectively. A typical fascist

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

But that kid wasn't trans, and he wasn't forced to transition, certainly not by trans influences, so... yeah, I'm not really getting the harmful trans influences here. It was a kid forced into dresses by his mom.

From previous posts you seemed to have been suggesting that because children are easily influenced that they therefor run the risk of being influenced to physically transition due to the rise of trans media. Using this documentary and Elliot Page as an example. And that's just as ludicrous as suggesting you can catch the gay from gay people/media. The taboo and social stigma would likely already put a stop to most teens and parents who aren't 100% sure.

Now think about how many children/teens actually get influenced into cosmetic surgery because of how our society is almost entirely based on looks and how easy it is to get it done.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
The taboo and social stigma would likely already put a stop to most teens and parents who aren't 100% sure.
Have you ever been or met a teenager? They think it's cool to break taboos and rebel against the norm.

Now think about how many children/teens actually get influenced into cosmetic surgery because of how our society is almost entirely based on looks and how easy it is to get it done.
Kind of like how many teens end up with anorexia/bulimia because of those same issues?
Surely you aren't going to suggest they were born anorexic?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Have you ever been or met a teenager? They think it's cool to break taboos and rebel against the norm.
I don't remember any epidemic of teenagers pretending to be gay when marriage equality was still being debated. But that's probably because I don't hang around with people that pathologically desperate for attention.

Kind of like how many teens end up with anorexia/bulimia because of those same issues?
Surely you aren't going to suggest they were born anorexic?
Hello oranges, have you met apple?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
What you described sounds a lot like something I have from time to time, though nowhere near as bad it seems. I've always called is disassociation, because I feel like I've been disassociated with what's going on around me, but given DID is an actual thing, that's probably wrong. I will sometimes, when I'm talking to another person, just feel like I'm not actually there in that moment, experiencing that conversation. Like I'm either hallucinating the person in front of me, or that I'm sort of dreaming. My brain just sort of flips a switch, and for a few brief moments, it's telling me "you're not really standing here in this room, talking to Joe McDudeson, who is sitting in that chair looking at you. The words coming out of his mouth are not actually words, but a figment of your imagination. You have fabricated this entire moment." It only lasts for a few seconds, and usually if I physically move myself to a new location, blink or shake my head, it clears it. I also will take time to remind my brain "ok but, why? Why would I fabricate such a dull, mundane conversation with someone I don't really like or am just casual acquaintances with? I've got a MUCH more creative of an imagination than that! I could be fabricating all sorts of cool things!" Then it clears up.

I'm curious, but does your effect tend to trigger with other people? Or do you have episodes when you are say, alone in a room? Because I can't personally recall a case for myself, where it happened, that didn't involve another person as a trigger point.
Keep in mind I'm not an expert, but I forgot to say, there's two things one is just called Depersonalisation, which is what you describe when it happens momentarily, the other one is Depersonalisation Disorder which is when it's a chronic issue, I have the disorder which means I'm basically experiencing it almost all the time, the episodes are just occasions when it gets much more severe than normal.

For example, normally I have no problem detecting that it's just in my head and if I apply a bit of logic it will not go away but I'll be pretty sure that the information I'm processing about the situation being a dream or a hallucination is wrong, however when I'm having an episode no matter how much I rationalize it I just can't tell, keep in mind I also suffer from severe insomnia (a common symptom for this disorder) which can cause hallucinations, the combination of all this plus some other symptoms I haven't talked about and don't think I will (You can look it up if you want to) makes just existing a nightmare.

So yes, I experience it with people and when alone, typically it's stronger when I'm alone (Which is most of the time) or when I'm in a large crowd, small groups of people it's when it's less severe.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Keep in mind I'm not an expert, but I forgot to say, there's two things one is just called Depersonalisation, which is what you describe when it happens momentarily, the other one is Depersonalisation Disorder which is when it's a chronic issue, I have the disorder which means I'm basically experiencing it almost all the time, the episodes are just occasions when it gets much more severe than normal.

For example, normally I have no problem detecting that it's just in my head and if I apply a bit of logic it will not go away but I'll be pretty sure that the information I'm processing about the situation being a dream or a hallucination is wrong, however when I'm having an episode no matter how much I rationalize it I just can't tell, keep in mind I also suffer from severe insomnia (a common symptom for this disorder) which can cause hallucinations, the combination of all this plus some other symptoms I haven't talked about and don't think I will (You can look it up if you want to) makes just existing a nightmare.

So yes, I experience it with people and when alone, typically it's stronger when I'm alone (Which is most of the time) or when I'm in a large crowd, small groups of people it's when it's less severe.
Aside from medication (which I am a fan of taking if it helps), are there any therapies that tend to help with the problem? Like...I dunno, the totemic item trope that they used in Inception? Some kind of object or tactile thing that you can use to help sort of recenter your point of awareness so it's not feeling so disconnected? Or perhaps a Reality Buddy, I mean assuming you have a support network of people (which I am guessing you don't, since you said multiple times you are often alone). I mean do you have real world friends that you could draft into helping with this for when you are in public? Some kind of little thing the two of you do to help ground you? Because for me at least, I notice that I'm usually in a position, where I'm not touching anything (like standing still while talking to someone), or I've been still for so long that I feel loose from my body. I suspect it's a case of my body awareness input has gone neutral for so long, that my brain is sort of temporarily numb, or at least that's how it feels. So moving (thus causing my clothing to brush against my skin, the thud of my feet on the ground, etc) as well as just reaching out and touching things outside my body, tend to help speed up my snapping out of it. Having a fidget cube or similar toy to play with to distract your train of thought, etc.

I'm just spitballing random thoughts that seem like they might help of course. Not suggesting don't take meds, but maybe they would help as well.