New Mass Effect "Moving Forward"

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
He says "Things are really moving forward. It's great to be involved in the universe again." Moving Forward? To where? The only ending that my Shepard could ever POSSIBLY get to, following his personality and course of action, is the Refusal Ending. Where everyone everywhere DIES. And it's great to be involved in the universe again? The ME Universe ended when everyone DIED, as previously mentioned. I am still sad about that travesty, and I can't allow them to have even one more cent of my money now.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Really interested to see where this takes place timeline wise. Is it after ME3? Because that's a bit too many variable I would think, especially since the endings are vastly different. They could pick a canon ending, but I could see a lot of people not liking that. Is it in the same universe, but in a different galaxy? Might be a fun way of doing a new slate of sorts. Could be in the past around the time of the Protheans or something. We know how THAT ends, but it could be really interesting. So many possibilities...

Regardless, YES! Give me more! Just make it good, that's all I care about.

For reference, I hated the ending of ME3 (enough that I could barely look at the games without getting a shudder), but the extended cut fixed most of my problems (also, Citadel DLC was amazing). So more Mass Effect is great in my book!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I won't be buying it if it requires Origin, end of story.

Quazimofo said:
SonicWaffle said:
C'moooon, First Contact War. I wanna shoot me some arrogant Turian sonsabitches.
You gotta remember though that only like 50 people or something died in that "war". It was very small scale. It'd barely register as a side-quest in any other games. There's a reason the turians just call it an incident (cant remember the number designation of the relay though).
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I could be wrong about this, but it doesn't seem like there's much in Mass Effect's history that you could make a game out of without excluding humans.

Bioware really blew their wad with ME3. What other threat could you come up with that would rival a Galaxywide invasion of billion year old eldritch abominations?

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
Bioware for me to buy and play the game it needs to satisfy 2 conditions:
1. Make it as good as ME2
2. Put it on Steam.

Saviordd1 said:
I could care less about what Bioware Montreal is up to anymore, they have proven that they do not give a fuck about players or good stories anymore.

Though I gotta admit I would get a sick level of glee if this game crashed and burned.
Ahem

Surely you meant "I could not care less." Saying "I could care less", means you do care. #learnenglish
I think this sums up my feelings on your comment.

Also that yes, you're very clever for having seen that video too.

Also, despite this not being anything like twitter I guess I'll respond with a hashtag also

#learntoorespondontopic

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
Since we are talking about EA Bioware it will be a 2 hour game and the lots of dlc for guns and companions all tied to origin so why anyone would look forward to more ME is puzzeling to me ,but hey i gave up on them when they put EA infront of their name. And hyping it up will just make the pain worse :)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
crazy_coug99 said:
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Go back and fix the GOD DAMN ENDING OF 3 YOU BASTARDS!!!! Once you fix that THAN I'll pick up another Mass Effect game.
Done. As there is nothing to fix, the "fixing" is already done. Now they can go back to picking up another Mass Effect game. That they do.

CyberMachinist

Oct 8, 2012
Well the only solution for these kind of situations is to wait and see what happens first, if the simcity experience is anything to go by then don't go fanboy over the hype so soon unless your prepared to wake up one morning to be punched in the nuts by an unfavorable "Innovation" that they just announced will be in the game.

Captcha says "Curry favor"......... I swear this program is some sort of insightful AI.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
MinionJoe said:
DVS BSTrD said:
"Moving Forward"
So it IS a sequel!
Not necessarily.

I read it as "$80 retail", "always-online DRM", "microtransactions", "day one DLC" and "digital download only".

You know, "forward" as in "the future".
This would be hilarious if it wasn't going to happen because you know, it's EA.

A kick in the nuts by them is now expected.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
darthzew said:
I'm in.

As long as it's more Mass Effect, I'm in. They could do a lot to screw it up and make a disappointing product, but even if that happens, it's still more of what I want.
Firstly what an amazing avatar.

It's a credit to Bioware that I'm simply not done with the Mass Effect Universe, I want to go back and experience it again. I understand and think it's a good idea they are leaving Shepards story but when you look at the larger canon they've created it's a perfect place for more advertures, kinda like the expanded star wars/star trek universe.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Sigh, there truly is no franchise the entertainment industry won't keep dragging out until it finally shits all over whatever legacy it has. It's like developers and/or production companies can never let something end on a high note, they have to keep milking it and will only end something on a sequel that's a forced, hated installment that's a blatant money grab. The only place you see any sort of artistic integrity in that regard anymore seems to be, funnily enough, in television. For all the crap shows out there, the truly good ones seem to know when and how to end triumphantly and lower the curtain. Well-received, well-done programs like Farscape, The Invisible Man, Monk, to name a few have known when its time to come to some kind of final resolution. But tell that to the games industry with its continual sequels for series like Halo, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Resident Evil, and so on.

Now, I'm not against sequels on principle. When they're well done, I enjoy following the continuing adventures of likeable, interesting protagonists. But when they start feeling like a plodding, neverending series of hackneyed and trite installments to an idea that's become stale and forced, its clearly time to yank the plug.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Count me in. Yes, the ending in Mass 3 disappointed me, but the DLC did alot to fill some massive plot holes. I just wish I didnt play the end until AFTER that DLC, but irregardless, the Mass Effect trilogy is still my favorite game series of all time. I am there. :)

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I just hope they don't try to go prequel on us. Prequels always feel hollow.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Definitely not a pre-order for me...but we'll see how this turns out.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
LetalisK said:
I think I'll reserve my judgement on this game for when it comes out. I generally don't get excited for games anymore and I feel that's a good stance to take on this one.

Quazimofo said:
You gotta remember though that only like 50 people or something died in that "war". It was very small scale. It'd barely register as a side-quest in any other games. There's a reason the turians just call it an incident (cant remember the number designation of the relay though).
Over 1200 died, actually. 623 of those were humans.

I find that number to be dumb though, considering property damage was way disproportionately higher than those numbers would suggest.
Oh wow I way under-shot that number. The point it is though it was a pretty small war as far as wars go. However if they managed the evacuation and the like properly I would not be surprised if civilian casualties were particularly low.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
OlasDAlmighty said:
I won't be buying it if it requires Origin, end of story.

Quazimofo said:
SonicWaffle said:
C'moooon, First Contact War. I wanna shoot me some arrogant Turian sonsabitches.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I could be wrong about this, but it doesn't seem like there's much in Mass Effect's history that you could make a game out of without excluding humans.

Bioware really blew their wad with ME3. What other threat could you come up with that would rival a Galaxywide invasion of billion year old eldritch abominations?

Simple, don't try to rival it. No massive galaxy spanning-space opera, since they can't do it twice without it getting plain ol' silly.

Also, the rachni war could be one HELL of a game if you wanted it to be, and that took place nearly 1000 years before the events of the other mass effect games. Way before you could possibly put humans in there since they were pretty isolated and just getting into the swing of the italian renaissance in europe.
The Morning War with the quarians could be a really really interesting game too, and that was 700 years back.

Hell, could just make a small-scale game focused on a band of mercs and you could make a cool game out of that. There's TONS of crap you could do with Mass Effect if you wanted to. TONS. And you could do a ton of it without humans if you wanted to even.

That'd be one hell of a change of pace too, not having humans in the game. And a welcome one. The games have already proved we can be attached to non-human characters, so is it so implausible that a game that doesn't feature humans in any significant respect be successful?

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
Well, after playing Mass Effect: Citadel it shows that Bioware still does have writing chops even after some of their team set sail, and I've never been one to jump on the anti-______ (insert company name here) that the internet seems to do every time a company makes a few mistakes. So, is it going to be good? I don't know. Am I still excited for it? Daym str8!