Next Fallout: Ideas?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
StormShaun said:
Fallout 4, based in Australia, 50-100 years after New Vages, the NCR have taken over the whole world (Almost) since they have teamed up with the Lone Wanderer (With the brotherhood of D.C) and The courier (With the NCR).
Woah woah woah I have to stop you right there!

1. The NCR can barely control California and are holding on to Vegas and Hoover Dam very poorly, Chief Hanlon believes that the NCR will not be able to expand any further and Kimball and Oliver are driving them into the ground. So taking that into consideration how the hell would they be able to take over the world?

2. The NCR and BoS hate each other, they started a war with each other and have conflicting beliefs and go about things very differently.

3. The BoS are not the main characters of the Fallout series. Yes they are featured on most of the front covers but they are not the main characters of the Fallout series by a long shot. The Fallout series is supposed to be an RPG, being forced to be in the BoS would ruin the whole role playing factor.

4. So wait you're saying the NCR have taken over most of the world yet the Legion still exist? How does that work? And how the hell would the Legion even get to Australia? And how the hell do they exist even after the death of Caesar?

5. Enclave? You mean the American faction trying to take over America to make America great in their personal view of a perfect nation? Not to mention they've been blown up and defeated so many times that they're just a bunch of remnants trying to (mostly) live normal lives now.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
StormShaun said:
Fallout 4, based in Australia, 50-100 years after New Vages, the NCR have taken over the whole world (Almost) since they have teamed up with the Lone Wanderer (With the brotherhood of D.C) and The courier (With the NCR).
Woah woah woah I have to stop you right there!

1. The NCR can barely control California and are holding on to Vegas and Hoover Dam very poorly, Chief Hanlon believes that the NCR will not be able to expand any further and Kimball and Oliver are driving them into the ground. So taking that into consideration how the hell would they be able to take over the world?

2. The NCR and BoS hate each other, they started a war with each other and have conflicting beliefs and go about things very differently.

3. The BoS are not the main characters of the Fallout series. Yes they are featured on most of the front covers but they are not the main characters of the Fallout series by a long shot. The Fallout series is supposed to be an RPG, being forced to be in the BoS would ruin the whole role playing factor.

4. So wait you're saying the NCR have taken over most of the world yet the Legion still exist? How does that work? And how the hell would the Legion even get to Australia? And how the hell do they exist even after the death of Caesar?

5. Enclave? You mean the American faction trying to take over America to make America great in their personal view of a perfect nation? Not to mention they've been blown up and defeated so many times that they're just a bunch of remnants trying to (mostly) live normal lives now.
Okay mabey I blew that idea out of the water, mabey you should play as a...I dunno a minor player of some faction in Australia, facing the evil govt (Insert faction name here), or mabey be a citizen of a vault in Austrlia (Vault X)

and mabey the Courier could take over the NCR and remake America, yes legion is dead (To me anyway), The NCR and BoS have made and allience in my game (got a better ending), and the Enclave are dead (again) but mabey just make a new faction of EVIL (Insert dramatic evil music here), ahhhhh what would be a good idea anyway, I dont want to play in America again, or at least make it a part which we havent seen yet...Alaska mabey?

EDIT:
Nomanslander said:
Honestly, have it take place in China, let's see how things on the flip side of the coin turned out.

As for those wanting to keep it in America, I have to ask, WHY? I mean, wouldn't a Nuclear Holocaust effect every country in the world? So why is it every post apocalyptic movie and video game after Mad Max (the only good one I've seen, and it takes place in Australia) has had to take place in America?

scnj said:
I think going outside the US removes what Fallout is about, which is spoofing America's positive 50s atitude by dropping bombs on it. Taking out that American aesthetic would take the series away from its original purpose.
So it'll be about spoofing China's fake positive 50s attitude instead, which has a lot more irony to it considering what was really going on in China in the 50s...0o

I think they tried to make a China one, but I think it got cancelled, bt it would be intresting, it was about a BoS member or something like that travelling to China, it could be about the guy coming across the evil chinese commie govtment still exist (sorry no racism intended) and want to destory the world!

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
StormShaun said:
Okay mabey I blew that idea out of the water, mabey you should play as a...I dunno a minor player of some faction in Australia, facing the evil govt (Insert faction name here), or mabey be a citizen of a vault in Austrlia (Vault X)

and mabey the Courier could take over the NCR and remake America, yes legion is dead (To me anyway), The NCR and BoS have made and allience in my game (got a better ending), and the Enclave are dead (again) but mabey just make a new faction of EVIL (Insert dramatic evil music here), ahhhhh what would be a good idea anyway, I dont want to play in America again, or at least make it a part which we havent seen yet...Alaska mabey?
No you shouldn't be part of any faction you should be able to choose your faction, that's the whole point of role playing...choice!

And no evil governments, morality should not be black/white.

Why would the Courier take over the NCR, it doesn't make sense, and like I already said there's no way the NCR can take over all of America, they're barely holding on to New Vegas. General Oliver is an inept commander and would eventually become more cocky than he already is.

There are still plenty of areas in America to explore. So far Florida hasn't been featured in any games.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
As most people said Fallout: Europe or London would be good but I don't think it should go out of America. If it was to be outside of America it would have to be completely different. There would be different radiated animals first of all, no vaults (at least not Vault-tec vaults) and i don't think there would be any supermutants right? It could be a great game, but not a great Fallout game.

A lot of people complain because they want to see what its like outside America. How the rest of the world was affected. But that's part of the experience. The world has been practically destroyed. There is no communication links between the far off places like Europe or China or anywhere else with a long stretch of radiated ocean blocking it. As such it would be impossible for the remaining people of America to know what is going on in the rest of the world. For all we know, China is a huge futuristic city-state totally unaffected by the nuclear warheads. I think that sense of the unknown adds to the post-apocalyptic feeling of the series. But it's not really that major. It's just that everything else seems to have been said already so that's all I really wanted to put in this post.

Impassable radiated ocean issue aside, I think Hawaii would make a great DLC pack. Hawaii really would suit the 50's vibe of Fallout. Although I would much prefer it to be actually part of the game to begin with but that's an issue for another thread.

EDIT: Being able to play as a ghoul is also something I've wanted in the games for quite a while. I even tried to turn myself into a ghoul in Fallout 3 by radiating myself but that didn't end well.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
This is a crazy idea, but I think for the next Fallout, they should make a game that actually works.

Insane, I know!

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Here's an idea. How about initially in the game, it's BEFORE the bombs fall. Then there's a part where you have to get to your vault, and go into Cryosleep, and come out later with the world in the ruins we know and love for the rest of the game.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Rossmallo said:
Here's an idea. How about initially in the game, it's BEFORE the bombs fall. Then there's a part where you have to get to your vault, and go into Cryosleep, and come out later with the world in the ruins we know and love for the rest of the game.
The only known Vault that had a cryo sleep type system was Vault 112 in Fallout 3, and that was stupid.

Also people didn't run for their vaults, they were placed in them before the bombs fell (exceptions due to experiments excluded).

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
Rossmallo said:
The only known Vault that had a cryo sleep type system was Vault 112 in Fallout 3, and that was stupid.

Also people didn't run for their vaults, they were placed in them before the bombs fell (exceptions due to experiments excluded).
Key words there: "Only KNOWN vault" and "Exceptions due to experiments included".

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Rossmallo said:
Key words there: "Only KNOWN vault" and "Exceptions due to experiments included".
Key words: "that was stupid".

And the exception I was referring to was Vault 12.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Tuesday Night Fever said:
I want a Fallout: Australia.

And you thought Australia's fauna was deadly before the radiation. Step aside, Deathclaws, you've just been demoted to 'kitten' level of dangerous.
Gaghh! all them mutated animals! D: Crocs, Bird-eating Spiders, Trap Door spiders, Kangaroo's Koala's and motherfucking Dingo's!

OT: Fallout London, plus they need a new Drink along with Nuka-Cola...

Nukazade...

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
arc1991 said:
Gaghh! all them mutated animals! D: Crocs, Bird-eating Spiders, Trap Door spiders, Kangaroo's Koala's and motherfucking Dingo's!

OT: Fallout London, plus they need a new Drink along with Nuka-Cola...

Nukazade...
Just a quick fact but the bird eating spider is not found in Australia. You also didn't mention two of our most dangerous fauna...the Inland Taipan and the Cassowary.

Oh and New Vegas introduced new drinks...Nuka Cola Victory, Nuka Cola Quartz, Sunset Sarsaparilla, Absinthe and others that can be made such as the Sierra Madre Martini.

Chelsea O'shea

May 20, 2010
problem with outside America,any please that is say,and island or small continent is completely under water,no one surviving there...it would be worse the point look out,that's why Florida and new york wont happen either,in fallout lore places like that are just gone ban,not in existence due to the bombs falling.

vary few places are possible cause of the "great war",hell most of california was under water in fallout one and two if i am not mistaken,canada not possible anymore cause it got blown up in mother ship zeta.

ot: dunno what area would be a good next step myself,hard to say what j.e.sawyer says is still around.

sithdestroya

Jun 23, 2011
I still think it should be in Florida because if survivors moved there and it was underwater they would build floating platforms like in new Vegas the survivor's platform in the lake and there has to vaults down there so they would be underwater.But i highly doubt that a nuke to Florida will cause it to become flooded. so you could have ghoul vacationers and a hand-full of old people ghouls complaining about the hot weather and the radioactive water.And vacationers that come from all over the wastes to visit the lost city of MIAMI !!!!

Vaco Deus

Model of Apathy
Aug 10, 2009
I'd like to see the midwest personally (specifically the Twin Cities). Also Portland or Seattle. Or an area along the open ocean.

But what I want is weather effects. We FINALLY got some rain in Honest Hearts and it added a sense of loneliness that would work well within the game.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
Canada!

Sure, I live in Canada, but I'm not biased. Nope. Not at all.

Besides, the US did annex us, so the least they can do is feature us in a game.

Evaheist666

Jun 4, 2011
Less glitches and better facial features for the NPCs. Spookier atmosphere. Kinda like the Point Lookout pack.