Nickelodeon Greenlights Steampunk Sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
Wow , cool.I didnt even finish seeing avatar , but this is great! But everyone must be dead by now=(
Wait , Aang son?
Please , mind , nonononoNONONO!!!!GAAAHHH...!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Cool
And Zuko and Mai!!!
"googles Mai"
Oh. I liked the other one...
Mmm...Must check DeviantArt

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I'm getting ready to be disappointed by this, but mostly because I have such unreasonably high standards after being such a fanboy for the first one.

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
Drejer43 said:
Grahav said:
I add my aproval to this. Too bad we won't see more of Toph, my favorite tomboyish earthbender
girl.
Yeah I'll miss Sokka
Oh, I sure hope to see an 80-90 year old Sokka being the 'crazy old man' of the southern water tribe or something.

Very interested in this, gonna keep my eyes and ear's peeled on the day the first episode is out and setting any possible reminder system possible to make sure I don't miss an episode.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Old, shamanistic forces against an ever advancing world? Quite a change from the original story. Call me interested indeed. That and the fact that it has a steampunked setting. Hmhmhm I do love myself some steampunk.

I'm especially curious about how they're going to incorporate modern technology with bending. That could give us some very interesting machines indeed.
I hate it when people read my mind. But yes, I agree with you.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I watched pretty much all of Avatar. (The last series was hard to find.) So if I can watch this, I will happily do so. Avatar was a great cartoon with some interesting characters, great voice acting and good script. Shame Mako died, his character was so epic, even if they did get a new voice actor for him.

Czargent Sane

May 31, 2010
loremazd said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Lissa-QUON said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Steampunk?
I go get my goggles and top hat.

EDIT: That girl must be skilled as hell to master 3 styles...while the avatar is still alive.
They never said Aang is alive. In fact he pretty much has to be dead for her to be the next avatar. A son of Aang is apparently in this show.
..WUT.

Oh that is cruel, man. "Hey you know that guy, you cared so much about? He died! :D."

I feel like a sad bear now.
Well I wouldn't feel too bad, she's probably in her early teens, so Aang had a full life, living until his 60s. Though the fact that he had a son probably will make the Zutara fans lose their final glimmer of hope. I wouldn't be suprised to see some old faces though, like I'd imagine Sokka might be around as a member of the white lotus society.
people live for like, at least a hundred years there, so we will probably see some characters from the origional.

like boomi. old bastard's never gonna die.

YoyoTimes5

Jul 14, 2010
Normally when I hear about sequels to things I like I'd go cry in a corner for a couple weeks convincing myself that everything's going to be ok and that the series I love so much really can't be dead and that I am just in some delirious state and soon I'll wake up and find my series safe and untouched.

This time, though, I'm kind of excited. It feels unnatural. I do hope for my and the sake of all Zuko-Katara shippers that Tenzin's mother is never mentioned, nor that Zuko had children or a grandchild unless their name is Korra.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I am about make a stupid and simpleton comment. please excuse my immaturity when i say it.

Fuck Yes!!

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Hell yes.
Its sad that pretty much none of the characters from the show will be there, but thats how things must be I suppose.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Marik2 said:
But I do hope they explain what happened to Zuko's mom.
Isn't Zuko's mom dead? I remember the series strongly implying that the Ozai killed her because she disobeyed him or somesuch.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
loremazd said:
Well I wouldn't feel too bad, she's probably in her early teens, so Aang had a full life, living until his 60s. Though the fact that he had a son probably will make the Zutara fans lose their final glimmer of hope. I wouldn't be suprised to see some old faces though, like I'd imagine Sokka might be around as a member of the white lotus society.
Dude... Sokka as the new Iroh would be unbelievably awesome.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Well kudos to Nickelodeon on this. Some other studios would have probably thrown the whole franchise out the window after a fracas like what happened with the movie, but Nick is keeping it alive and trying something new to keep the fans around.
I still won't forgive them for ending You Can't Do That on Television.

Oomii

Dec 17, 2009
Jandau said:
Fuck yeah! Avatar was one of the nicer suprises for me this year (having watched all three seasons in around 2 weeks) and I was sad when it finally ended. This promises to be a worthy sucessor to it and another solid animated show. Though I'll miss Toph...
My thoughts exactly, but maybe Grandma Toph could teach metal-bending?