No Dedicated Servers for Modern Warfare 2 PC, Fans Freak Out

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
No_Remainders said:
WickedSkin said:
No_Remainders said:
runtheplacered said:
No_Remainders said:
Why can't you understand that if you don't like something, you don't HAVE to buy it?
Are you a broken record player? Why are you spouting off the same nonsensical thing that every other console gamer that is completely ignorant of how PC gaming works is spouting off? What is the point of even saying "you don't HAVE to buy it". What a completely stupid thing to say.

The point is, this is setting a terrible precedent. If this trend continues, it will be a bad thing for gaming as a whole. You Xbots should be pissed off because you will NEVER have dedicated servers. But, since you don't even know what that means, you're sitting in your corner telling people to stop whining, despite the fact that they have every right to whine as loud as they want as consumers.
TF2, HL2:DM, HCE. Just a few of the games I play on PC. All of which use dedi servers, so how about fuck off before being (to take a quote from ZP) a presumptuous dickhead that's projecting so hard you could point yourself at a wall and show off powerpoint.

It's not a stupid thing to say. Rather than buy it and complain, why not just leave it? You don't have to buy it. Nobody's forcing you to buy it. It'd only be a stupid thing to say if someone was actually putting a gun to your head and saying "buy the feckin game".
I'm not going to buy it, never was mind you, and I'll still complain about the share retardation of the move they are making. Gaming is going down hill... fast. Before you know it you'll only be playing matchmaking games over Windows Live (IF you pay for a Gold account) like a mentally handicapped person. All things that made gaming great (and what it is today) will be forgotten. If it wasn't for mods, I doubt gaming would actually be this popular. CS you guys.

WHY can't they add support for player servers, dedicated servers, ranked servers or whatever to L4D btw? Getting to play a decent game of L4D is a fucking nightmare compared to what it would had been if there was dedicated servers/player servers in a simple list. It's 100% true!
I get my gold account for 10 quid a year. I don't care paying for 1/5th of hte price of a game to get the best online console service in existance. I can get decent games of L4D whenever I'm bothered to play it.

I can kinda understand people being the slightest bit annoyeed at no mods, but really, live with it is all I'm gonna say. PC gamers have a tendancy to be elitist cunts who care nothing for anyone else because they're so far up their own arse, so no, I'm afraid I have no sympathy whatsoever for any of them.
You mean you have your head so far up your own ass that it bothers you that people articulate their displeasure at this turn of events. You pay to play games with barely 16 players and way more lag, while I play games with 60 players FOR FREE on the PS3....

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
No_Remainders said:
WickedSkin said:
No_Remainders said:
runtheplacered said:
No_Remainders said:
Why can't you understand that if you don't like something, you don't HAVE to buy it?
Are you a broken record player? Why are you spouting off the same nonsensical thing that every other console gamer that is completely ignorant of how PC gaming works is spouting off? What is the point of even saying "you don't HAVE to buy it". What a completely stupid thing to say.

The point is, this is setting a terrible precedent. If this trend continues, it will be a bad thing for gaming as a whole. You Xbots should be pissed off because you will NEVER have dedicated servers. But, since you don't even know what that means, you're sitting in your corner telling people to stop whining, despite the fact that they have every right to whine as loud as they want as consumers.
TF2, HL2:DM, HCE. Just a few of the games I play on PC. All of which use dedi servers, so how about fuck off before being (to take a quote from ZP) a presumptuous dickhead that's projecting so hard you could point yourself at a wall and show off powerpoint.

It's not a stupid thing to say. Rather than buy it and complain, why not just leave it? You don't have to buy it. Nobody's forcing you to buy it. It'd only be a stupid thing to say if someone was actually putting a gun to your head and saying "buy the feckin game".
I'm not going to buy it, never was mind you, and I'll still complain about the share retardation of the move they are making. Gaming is going down hill... fast. Before you know it you'll only be playing matchmaking games over Windows Live (IF you pay for a Gold account) like a mentally handicapped person. All things that made gaming great (and what it is today) will be forgotten. If it wasn't for mods, I doubt gaming would actually be this popular. CS you guys.

WHY can't they add support for player servers, dedicated servers, ranked servers or whatever to L4D btw? Getting to play a decent game of L4D is a fucking nightmare compared to what it would had been if there was dedicated servers/player servers in a simple list. It's 100% true!
I get my gold account for 10 quid a year. I don't care paying for 1/5th of hte price of a game to get the best online console service in existance. I can get decent games of L4D whenever I'm bothered to play it.

I can kinda understand people being the slightest bit annoyeed at no mods, but really, live with it is all I'm gonna say. PC gamers have a tendancy to be elitist cunts who care nothing for anyone else because they're so far up their own arse, so no, I'm afraid I have no sympathy whatsoever for any of them.
I'm talking about PC here. Not Xbox Live. I have an Xbox, (EDIT: Which HAD Live account for about 2 years) with Live which is now canceled because I NEVER play online on the thing. I used to play BF: BC a lot. But PC online experience is superior. It really is. Just because of mods and a bloody server list.

EDIT:
You probably see us as elitist because we get far better online play and WE KNOW IT. We also like to let you know that.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
shadow skill said:
No_Remainders said:
WickedSkin said:
No_Remainders said:
runtheplacered said:
No_Remainders said:

You mean you have your head so far up your own ass that it bothers you that people articulate their displeasure at this turn of events. You pay to play games with barely 16 players and way more lag, while I play games with 60 players FOR FREE on the PS3....
Oh no. Not YET another idiot who STILL thinks the PSN is better.
I'm not having this argument. Just no.

Oh, and the fact is that PC gamers are elitist.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
No_Remainders said:
shadow skill said:
No_Remainders said:
WickedSkin said:
No_Remainders said:
runtheplacered said:
No_Remainders said:

Well then, at least we are elitist for an obvious reason.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I'm not the one paying for the privilege to lag, and/or not have any games that support more than sixteen players. The voice chat and party system have nothing to do with Xbox Live. They are part of the Xbox 360 OS. XBL gives you NOTHING over Steam, or PSN proper. Notice how people want Sony to update the PS3 firmware to do cross game chat, and setup parties like on XBL? Notice how they don't start off with asking for a PSN network upgrade? That's because the OS is the reason the PS3 does not have those features yet!

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
No_Remainders said:

Of course we are. We have a better, more flexible system and the freedom to play as we want. We are not dependent on some shitty system like XBL or PSN to play our games online. We can extend the life of a lot of games by custom maps, mods and other fun shit. Of course we are elitist.
And what is wrong by wanting the best?

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
teh_gunslinger said:
No_Remainders said:

Of course we are. We have a better, more flexible system and the freedom to play as we want. We are not dependent on some shitty system like XBL or PSN to play our games online. We can extend the life of a lot of games by custom maps, mods and other fun shit. Of course we are elitist.
The obvious reason(s) mentioned earlier ^ (Now hopefully even more obvious... because they are stated, right in front of you... again)
Brilliant comrade!

teh_gunslinger

Dec 6, 2007
WickedSkin said:
teh_gunslinger said:
No_Remainders said:

The obvious reason(s) mentioned earlier ^ (Now hopefully even more obvious... because they are stated, right in front of you... again)
Brilliant comrade!
Yea, I figured it needed a bit of repetition. :D Am I really the only one that thinks being elitist is a good thing? (Be it in gaming or otherwise.) Is elitism really a bad thing?

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
No_Remainders said:
On the contrary, I play with friends quite a bit on xbox live. Why should people be allowed to farm exp? It makes it unfair on people who play properly. I play with friends, always on the same team as them, and none of us are exactly "pro". I'm halfway decent, but we play for a thing called "fun". When did gaming stop being about enjoying yourself and start being about being the best possible player?
Sorry, nothing in your post there answered much of anything. Care to try again?

Just to refresh your memory:

1) Why shouldn't people be able to play with the same players regularly? You seemed to be against this, but now you've said you yourself play with the same people regularly. Please clarify.

2) Since you used the word "properly" you now need to define what the "proper" way of playing a game is. Is me joining a Team Deathmatch Hardcore game on CoD4 to rack up kills for my basic weapon attachments "proper?" Or, in your mind, is this "farming?"

I don't ever recall this conversation ever being about any one being "the best possible player." It's very odd that you equate "farming exp" with "the best possible player" though.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
teh_gunslinger said:
WickedSkin said:
teh_gunslinger said:
No_Remainders said:

Brilliant comrade!
Yea, I figured it needed a bit of repetition. :D Am I really the only one that thinks being elitist is a good thing? (Be it in gaming or otherwise.) Is elitism really a bad thing?
Elitism is more like looking down at someone. Wanting the best is perfectly fine. As a console player I can understand why some PC gamers hate console players, so many of them are ignorant. What bothers me is how some look down on console players. Personally I play console because more of the kind of games I like come out on consoles, I don't like to use the keyboard for movement in action type games (FPS' and such.), I don't like how PC developers feel the need to just spam the keyboard with functionality making using a controller rather cumbersome even when the game supports it, and for some reason I have trouble just keeping my attention on the game when at a PC. I can spend hours reading comics or browsing forums or coding, but I can't seem to stick with a game.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
shadow skill said:
teh_gunslinger said:
WickedSkin said:
teh_gunslinger said:
No_Remainders said:

Brilliant comrade!
Elitism is more like looking down at someone. Wanting the best is perfectly fine. As a console player I can understand why some PC gamers hate console players, so many of them are ignorant. What bothers me is how some look down on console players.
Look at the average console players post in this thread. They are full of ignorance and elitism. That is why we sometimes "look down" on them. TBH we are just trying to explain why don't want our system of choice to be destroyed. Removing mods and server lists IS destroying it. Adding Games for Windows and Windows Live is, somewhat, destroying it. Making games/series like Battlefield, Systemshock (Bioshock), Deus Ex, Crysis simpler IS destroying it.

We don't want to give up the great things, we don't want to accept the developers destroying something that is perfect. Because of that, console players look down on us. The ignorant bastards just wants us to do like them and bend over, wait for some developer cock and accept them destroying the 2 greatest things gaming ever experienced: A server list and mods.

WHY shouldn't we act like we do in these cases? It's obvious why we are furious but they just can't see it or they can't comprehend it.

teh_gunslinger

Dec 6, 2007
shadow skill said:
Elitism is more like looking down at someone. Wanting the best is perfectly fine. As a console player I can understand why some PC gamers hate console players, so many of them are ignorant. What bothers me is how some look down on console players. Personally I play console because more of the kind of games I like come out on consoles, I don't like to use the keyboard for movement in action type games (FPS' and such.), I don't like how PC developers feel the need to just spam the keyboard with functionality making using a controller rather cumbersome even when the game supports it, and for some reason I have trouble just keeping my attention on the game when at a PC. I can spend hours reading comics or browsing forums or coding, but I can't seem to stick with a game.
Thanks for the reply. I can agree with you on the whole looking down part. No need for that. I certainly don't hate console players but I don't like my PS3 as much as I like my PC. It just is inferior.
There is a place for consoles I think and I have a gazzillion games for my PS2 and PS3. I just prefer my PC when it comes to some games and for online gaming. I want the freedom of choice. I don't mind that others prefer consoles. I just mind that they try to implement what I, and others, see as an inferior system on a pc game.
I certainly don't think you are ignorant for preferring consoles. The beauty part is, we both have our systems and there is no need for us to be anything but friends in the cause of gaming. I just want my PC to stay PC. If I want a match making system I'll play on my console. Which I don't. I want dedi servers. Implement all the MM systems in the world you like, just let me have my freedom to chose. That's why I don't like consoles. All choice is gone.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
WickedSkin said:
shadow skill said:
teh_gunslinger said:
WickedSkin said:
teh_gunslinger said:
No_Remainders said:

Brilliant comrade!
Elitism is more like looking down at someone. Wanting the best is perfectly fine. As a console player I can understand why some PC gamers hate console players, so many of them are ignorant. What bothers me is how some look down on console players.
Look at the average console players post in this thread. They are full of ignorance and elitism. That is why we look sometimes down on them.

We don't want to give up the great things, we don't want to accept the developers destroying something that is perfect. Because of that, console players look down on us. The ignorant bastards just wants us to do like them and bend over, wait for some developer cock and accept them destroying the 2 greatest things gaming ever experienced: A server list and mods.

WHY shouldn't we act like we do in these cases? It's obvious why we are furious but they just can't see it or they can't comprehend it.
You shouldn't act that way because not all people who primarily play on consoles are incapable of understanding what the problem is after it has been explained. It doesn't help anything to look down your nose at console players in general because of a few ignorant individuals. All of that said I so feel your rage.

teh_gunslinger: If anything more shooters on PS3 should be doing what UT3 does. It gives you all of the important choices that make PC gaming fun. I can't understand why that is not happening, it boggles my mind. UT3 is a perfect archetype for how console gaming could and should be... 90% of the benefits of PC gaming (Mods and dedicated servers (Including private ones.) and less hassle. Epic has given us the answer already damn it!

BDNeon

Jan 14, 2009
teh_gunslinger said:
Thanks for the reply. I can agree with you on the whole looking down part. No need for that. I certainly don't hate console players but I don't like my PS3 as much as I like my PC. It just is inferior.
There is a place for consoles I think and I have a gazzillion games for my PS2 and PS3. I just prefer my PC when it comes to some games and for online gaming. I want the freedom of choice. I don't mind that others prefer consoles. I just mind that they try to implement what I, and others, see as an inferior system on a pc game.
I certainly don't think you are ignorant for preferring consoles. The beauty part is, we both have our systems and there is no need for us to be anything but friends in the cause of gaming. I just want my PC to stay PC. If I want a match making system I'll play on my console. Which I don't. I want dedi servers. Implement all the MM systems in the world you like, just let me have my freedom to chose. That's why I don't like consoles. All choice is gone.
I wholeheartedly agree with this viewpoint. We PC gamers certainly do not think that anyone who plays on consoles is a fool. Heck, most of us started on consoles anyway. And I've never been without a current generation console since 1996. While the PC is our preferred platform, we still usually have consoles of our own for those games that you can't get on PC. We just dont want people messing with the tried and true formula that PC gaming has used for years.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
No_Remainders said:
This has to rank as one of the most idiotic arguments ever.
Of course I don't HAVE to buy it, but that's not the point! As an IW and CoD fan I feel that it is necessary for me to tell them that I think this game is not worth my money. Whether they care or not is up to them, but I am entitled to expressing my opinion of their product. It is called consumer feedback; I tell IW/Activision what they need to include in their product in order for me to buy it, and they get the chance to make the changes that they feel is necessary. As a consumer I think it's courteous to let the companies know what they need to do to make money off me, instead of just having them stumbling in the dark.

DemonI81

Aug 27, 2008
johnman said:
Maybe we dont want forced match making? We dont want all these things that console owners love and need...
I'm a console gamer and I HATE matchmaking. I wish CoD had dedicated servers for consoles, I've been begging for it on their forum (IW) for a long time now.
I hate how the PC gamers get the best online experience by far. EA uses dedicated servers for their console games, but they give us no browser, so we get stuck on servers on the other side of the planet. It sucks.

Honestly, I'm hoping IW doesn't fold. I'm sick of the PC gamers getting the good stuff and acting high and mighty about it. It's time you were all (the ones that do act this way, there are PC gamers that aren't arrogant jerks) knocked down a few pegs.

teh_gunslinger

Dec 6, 2007
DemonI81 said:
johnman said:
Maybe we dont want forced match making? We dont want all these things that console owners love and need...
I'm a console gamer and I HATE matchmaking. I wish CoD had dedicated servers for consoles, I've been begging for it on their forum (IW) for a long time now.
I hate how the PC gamers get the best online experience by far. EA uses dedicated servers for their console games, but they give us no browser, so we get stuck on servers on the other side of the planet. It sucks.

Honestly, I'm hoping IW doesn't fold. I'm sick of the PC gamers getting the good stuff and acting high and mighty about it. It's time you were all (the ones that do act this way, there are PC gamers that aren't arrogant jerks) knocked down a few pegs.
So you would have it just to spite us? That's a damn nice point of view.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
teh_gunslinger said:
It's actually quite ironic. Instead of getting angry at publishers and devlopers for providing substandard multiplayer matchups on consoles, he gets angry at PC gamers for using the better tools provided by publishers and developers for the PC. Completely the wrong target, but it suits the companies just fine, as long as no one si complaining about them directly.

teh_gunslinger

Dec 6, 2007
kibayasu said:
teh_gunslinger said:
It's actually quite ironic. Instead of getting angry at publishers and devlopers for providing substandard multiplayer matchups on consoles, he gets angry at PC gamers for using the better tools provided by publishers and developers for the PC. Completely the wrong target, but it suits the companies just fine, as long as no one si complaining about them directly.
Well, it seems that pc gamers are complaining pretty loudly at the moment. :D Which of course is entirely reasonable. We are getting the short end of the stick. Again, I might add. Oh, well, we have a ton of other games to play if IW keeps this madness up. And a metric fuck ton of great mods as well. And decently moderated servers. And awesome communities, catering to just about every taste. And better pings. And consistent servers that don't fold when the host rage quits. And a mouse and keyboard.
I guess we can do without MW2 actually if all fails.