No skirts with Kinect?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Oh dear...

Kinect is looking more and more like its going to flop. This, and similar restrictions (such as needing to FREAKIN STAND), coupled with the $150 price tag (my local shop was laughably trying to claim it was 'only' £129.99), Microsoft are going to have a hard, hard time pushing this.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
How many people have seen the (or at least A)Youtube video of some guy videotaping his scantily clad girlfriend doing the hula-hoop motion on Wii fit? More of you than will care to admit it.

Clearly Microsoft is attempting to one-up this by forcing nudity while gaming.

Alternate theory: Microsoft will soon be launching a clothing line targeted at gamers. (probably named Zune to be more confusing). It will be the sole Kinect-compatible garments.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Though I rarely say something positive on this subject, I might as well;

At least you don't have to dress up when using the Wii. Guess that's an advantage.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
TAKE THAT HIPPIES!

in a more serious aspect, well i cant get serious in this, im laughing at how hard it is to make kinectic wor properly and how hard it will most probably fail!

i mean eyetoy tried to change gaming but there was little you can do with it, being a simple motion sensor.

even if kinect can detect and use our anathomy and apply it to game i cant never be a serious game or with multiplayer functions

imagine you playing an fps and your almost finishing the level, you take cover behind a wall to reload. in the mean time you need to scratch your back, and you do it like you normaly would. But OH OH! whats this i must have made the movement for grenade throwing? OH SHI-

and how in the hell would i pause the game? i now ill yell PAUSE! im sure there is nothing wrong with it besides looking like a crazy man...

sooner or later kinect will disapear like eyetoy and for the same reasons

ok ill guess i can play naked... oh right genitals must mess with the body detector...

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
News at 11: People without thumbs unable to play console games!

Gamer and avid swimmer upset that he can't use his Ps3 underwater!

Class action suit: Mortality Challenged gamers indignant about 'having to be alive' requirement

Generator

May 8, 2009
Wow, that's unfortunate, as I usually wear pretty baggy clothing for gaming. I could understand it needing to keep track of you, but it should be able to do so regardless of what you're wearing, to some extent anyways. Kinect is seeing quite a few problems lately, it seems.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
Natal (I refuse to call it by any other name, so don't fucking try and correct me) doesn't seem like it'll work, and I don't really want it to, because I'd rather not have all this motion sensitive bullshit catch on, unless it's a step in the direction of getting ST style holo rooms, but I doubt it.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
wow the pricepoint, standing, not picking up blacks and now this not looking too good for Microsoft.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Well, since I pretty much always wear skinnies, this shouldn't effect me. Since I also don't have a 360, and have no intention of getting one, this really wont effect me.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
I wish Microsoft and Sony had left motion sensing games to the Wii, I just don't see the value in most games. The Wii is a fun thing to play with family and friends when not everyone is a real gamer, but at the end of the end I will never play a shooter on the Kinect or with the PS3 move. It's just not fun.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
From a technical standpoint, this is really not at all surprising. The cameras are essentially looking for edges in a humanoid shape. When the shape is obscured, it's going to flake out.