Non-Americans: How do you view us?

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Well, lets put it this way.
I can't hate every single citizen of the USA.
But I HATE the country and the average Joe. lately the only thing the USA can do is fuck stuff up and blame others for shit the USA did to them self.

Valkyr71

Jul 2, 2011
DracoSuave said:
Valkyr71 said:
Agin please go read ahistory book and then get back to me. Thanks
I have a very simple question.

is 1939 before or after every date mentioned regarding US involvement in the war?

US was attacked, then joined in. It did not join in out of the goodness of its heart... back then, the US had a strict neutrality policy with regards to external war.
all the history books will mention that the US started shipping War material in late october early November 1939. Thanks again for playing.

molesgallus

Sep 24, 2008
Ignorant and brainwashed. The same is true of most countries, though. America is especially controlled by big oligarchs. The population is no different from any other. It's just a young country, and you haven't developed the cynical knowingness that europe has. You will once your empire has fallen, like ours. As it is, you're little different from britain at the height of it's empire. Arrogant, and intellectually backwards.

There are exceptions to this, just not as many as in other countries.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
So is it still arrogance when you guys in this thread believe you're better than a whole race of people, or is it only arrogance when Americans do it?

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
So after reading the "what if 9/11 happened to another country?" thread, it seems quite a few people think that us 'mericans suck. I think I read one saying that we would laugh at them. And I am saddened by that. So I wonder: How do you view the U.S.A as a whole?
Agreed. I do agree that we should kind of let the event die in our minds unless its on the actual day when we SHOULD pay respects. However I don't think people internationally should be reacting by saying "We laugh at the US for 9/11". That's the same thing as someone saying "I laugh at the Jews when they talk about the Holocaust". The Europeans who say they laugh about 9/11 are basically the equivalent of the Republican idiots in this country who everyone hates. They would want to beat me up for saying that but it's true.

Myf

Jan 12, 2011
jeremysaint said:
i am canadian and currently i am sad for the usa. you guys are doomed.

you have a fairly ignorant, sheep like population that will always hold you back. about half of americans dont accept evolution. the greatest threat to your national security is the republican party and your broken congressional and especially senatorial system. you imprison more people (in terms of percent of population and absolute figures) that anyone else in the world and do so for borderline insane reasons (there are people in us prisons serving life sentences because they shoplifted some dvds and were convicted under your three strikes law). i heard that more than half of your population believes that jesus christ will actually return to earth in thier lifetime and raise them all to heaven in a rapture.

seriously, on my better days i feel sorry for you. on the rest of them i debate whether it would be more humane for the rest of the world to quietly press a pillow over your face while you are sleeping one night.

I'd go with the pillow!

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Valkyr71 said:
DracoSuave said:
Valkyr71 said:
Agin please go read ahistory book and then get back to me. Thanks
I have a very simple question.

is 1939 before or after every date mentioned regarding US involvement in the war?

US was attacked, then joined in. It did not join in out of the goodness of its heart... back then, the US had a strict neutrality policy with regards to external war.
all the history books will mention that the US started shipping War material in late october early November 1939. Thanks again for playing.
The term is 'war profiteering' and is not the same term as 'military involvement'

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
I usually have no problem with you guys.

But then I see a quote from Fox News or a Republican and fly into a frothing rage.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
Valkyr71 said:
DracoSuave said:
Valkyr71 said:
WOW......Im amazed at the short memory of peoples in other countries. How much american blood has been spilled since the 1940's for the liberation of nations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the middle east. We were asked because we were the only ones who could help or had the power to. When the world asks you to be the cops, or cries upon you to say you have the power therefore you have the responsibility to help dont ***** when we do take action because were not helping your favorite cause. Step up and take charge yourself or sit down and shut up.
Never start this sort of talk in front of Canadians. We know it for the bullshit it is.

1) Your multiple wars on terror are not for us, they are for you. You were the one attacked. Not us.

2) You are not asked to be cops. In multiple engagements, the UN asked you NOT to get involved. They asked you NOT to be cops.

3) By the fact you say 'Since the 1940s' implies you think world war II started in the 1940s. Hate to break it to you, you weren't the first North Americans in that party. Canada declared war on September 1, 1939. The US only entered the war AFTER Japan attacked them, and only on the pacific front until 1943 when they joined the European theater. By then Mexico had already declared war on Germany and was in there. US wasn't the first to fight Germany in North America. They were the last

I appreciate you love your military, however, you need to learn military history better before you speak nonsense and propaganda like this.

Which takes me to my opinion on the States.

Your media bombards you with outright lies and mistruths for political gain. You believe propaganda spoonfed to you. Every time someone pipes up as a voice of reason and rationality, you allow the yahoos and morons and intellectually void shout them down. You actually have pockets that entertain creationism is a science. Your social consciousness derides learning and education as 'elitism' and do everything in your power to silence the voices of the rational.

Individually, I like some americans. But your political rhetoric is often hateful and malicious and irrational, and that makes people distrust you.

Now who needs to read a history Book. The United states declared war on japan DEC 8th 1941 Germany and Italy on DEC 11 1941 and Jun 5th 1942 on Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungary.

Mexico declared war on Germany on 22 May 1942 after German submarines attacked Mexican oil tankers, Potrero del Llano and the Faja de Oro; tankers that were transporting crude oil to the United States. These attacks prompted President Manuel Ávila Camacho to declare war on the Axis powers.

The US Fought in North africa starting direct military assistance in North Africa on 11 May 1942 along side good ole monty. This is where the rivalry between patton and monty was born.

So anything else you say tp me after this i have trouble reading as your "truths" are very skewed. These are all facts please check them and then get back to me

Just to put somethings in perspective for you The German army lost 800,000+ lives on the western front but lost 4,000,000+ on the eastern front and by the time American troops had landed on main land Europe(Italy) the Russians had already advanced past Kiev so please don't act as if you won the war single handed.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
garjian said:
America itself, lovely country.
Americans on the other hand, horrible.
id go into but, its pretty much this:
jeremysaint said:
i am canadian and currently i am sad for the usa. you guys are doomed.

you have a fairly ignorant, sheep like population that will always hold you back. about half of americans dont accept evolution. the greatest threat to your national security is the republican party and your broken congressional and especially senatorial system. you imprison more people (in terms of percent of population and absolute figures) that anyone else in the world and do so for borderline insane reasons (there are people in us prisons serving life sentences because they shoplifted some dvds and were convicted under your three strikes law). i heard that more than half of your population believes that jesus christ will actually return to earth in thier lifetime and raise them all to heaven in a rapture.

seriously, on my better days i feel sorry for you. on the rest of them i debate whether it would be more humane for the rest of the world to quietly press a pillow over your face while you are sleeping one night.
...except less polite and friendly.
i would also add:
the innate superiority complex every american ive ever met seems to have... (which somehow, gets blamed on other countries?)
...that fact that Fox News still exists...
...George W. Bush...
...funding terrorism...
...and the whole 'starting a war over fuck-all' business.

if only such a pillow existed.
Well, that's just... mean. You should probably remove that stick from your ass. You'd be a much more agreeable person for it.

NightmareLuna said:
Captain Jack Harkness, that is what I think of you americans!
This, on the other hand, is much nicer. :D

That's the best possible thing you could have said about... anything. I'd love to be likened to 'ol Cap'n Jack.

Valkyr71

Jul 2, 2011
T8B95 said:
Valkyr71 said:
Ok Lets talk about real history since you havent read the second post

1. American Service merchant men (Merchant marine) killed by german submarines and Aircraft prior to the US entering the war in DEC 1941: 12200 These were the men and women shipping War materiel to the UK and the russians Prior to the us commencing combat operations. You ko wthings like Tanks, aircraft, bullets, beans etc etc. There was no sitting on our Entitled asses as you put it. American industry kept you supplied and in the war until we came and put boots on ground. Check your history this is fact.

2. The japanese never tried to surrender prior to either of the atomic weapons being dropped and the civilians were warned multiple days in advance that they would be destroyed if they stayed. I dont know what version of history you read but its wrong. The emporer spoke of surrender but he wasnt really in charge of japan Tojo was and he had decided to fight to the death.

3. Where do you get that Europe was mostly a russian victory? The russian while moving farther than the rest of the allieson the march to belin did less up to that point other than retreating into winter and burning everything to the ground so the germans couldnt use everything. Also how did try and take credit. No-where did i say that the US Deserves sole credit for winning the war in europe. All i said is that americans (many) spilled thier blood for another country to be free? Tell me where it says America won the war?

4. Our actions were just as bad? Really we restricted people behind walls and failed to let them move about freely? we didnt let them practice thier religion? We machine gunned them down when they wanted to leave? We didnt allow protests against our govt and we allowed people to vote? Again check your history. Im not proud of our history in the civil rights department for african americans. It was wrong. did we demonize the soviets? yeah did they deserve it? You fuckin bet.

Please review some proper history books and then get back to me
Real history...you mean the American version of it? No thanks, I like to be impartial here.

1) While I accept that Americans helped supply and arm the British (odd that you called me British, I'm actually Canadian), that doesn't change the fact that your military did jack shit to help until you, personally, were attacked. The fact that many people in your country had sympathy for the Germans didn't help your cause.

2) The Japanese tried for a peaceful end of the war. The Americans wouldn't accept anything other than a complete and unconditional surrender, and when that was denied, they obliterated two cities with virtually no military significance.

3) You Yanks always portray the war as mostly an American effort, maybe with some British help. The Russians pushed farther in the east on their own than all of the Allies combined pushed on the west. Also, the Russians lost between 8 and 10 million people in the war. I'm not quite sure exactly how many the Western Allies lost, but I think that it was a little over 2 million. They sacrificed four times as many troops as everyone else combined.

4) They did not deserve any demonization that you gave them. It's sickening to think that the worst thing you can say about your history in that time frame is the civil rights movement. You imprisoned people for supporting Communism. You invaded other nations, usually without cause. You tried to invade Cuba, and then spent fifty years trying to knock off Castro (seriously, what's the big deal with Castro? After the missile crisis, why the hate?). Your actions in Vietnam were absolutely horrendous. You discriminated against every single other nation on the face of the planet. You supported the mujahideen in their attempt to destroy the Afghan government (a democratic, progressive, pro-woman's rights government, and the best thing that could have happened to that poor counrty in its history) just because that government was supported by the Soviet Union. I'm not trying to apologize for the Soviets, because they did bad shit too, but you were at least as bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_State:_A_Guide_to_the_World%27s_Only_Superpower

Read that, and then get back to me. And learn some proper grammar while you're at it.

DracoSuave said:
Valkyr71 said:
DracoSuave said:
Valkyr71 said:
WOW......Im amazed at the short memory of peoples in other countries. How much american blood has been spilled since the 1940's for the liberation of nations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the middle east. We were asked because we were the only ones who could help or had the power to. When the world asks you to be the cops, or cries upon you to say you have the power therefore you have the responsibility to help dont ***** when we do take action because were not helping your favorite cause. Step up and take charge yourself or sit down and shut up.
Never start this sort of talk in front of Canadians. We know it for the bullshit it is.

1) Your multiple wars on terror are not for us, they are for you. You were the one attacked. Not us.

2) You are not asked to be cops. In multiple engagements, the UN asked you NOT to get involved. They asked you NOT to be cops.

3) By the fact you say 'Since the 1940s' implies you think world war II started in the 1940s. Hate to break it to you, you weren't the first North Americans in that party. Canada declared war on September 1, 1939. The US only entered the war AFTER Japan attacked them, and only on the pacific front until 1943 when they joined the European theater. By then Mexico had already declared war on Germany and was in there. US wasn't the first to fight Germany in North America. They were the last

I appreciate you love your military, however, you need to learn military history better before you speak nonsense and propaganda like this.

Which takes me to my opinion on the States.

Your media bombards you with outright lies and mistruths for political gain. You believe propaganda spoonfed to you. Every time someone pipes up as a voice of reason and rationality, you allow the yahoos and morons and intellectually void shout them down. You actually have pockets that entertain creationism is a science. Your social consciousness derides learning and education as 'elitism' and do everything in your power to silence the voices of the rational.

Individually, I like some americans. But your political rhetoric is often hateful and malicious and irrational, and that makes people distrust you.

Now who needs to read a history Book. The United states declared war on japan DEC 8th 1941 Germany and Italy on DEC 11 1941 and Jun 5th 1942 on Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungary.
The declaration of war was still two years after Canada, and -involvement- in that theater wasn't until 1943. You had declared war, but you weren't physically -there- for another couple years.

Mexico declared war on Germany on 22 May 1942 after German submarines attacked Mexican oil tankers, Potrero del Llano and the Faja de Oro; tankers that were transporting crude oil to the United States. These attacks prompted President Manuel Ávila Camacho to declare war on the Axis powers.
1942 is still before 1943.

The US Fought in North africa starting direct military assistance in North Africa on 11 May 1942 along side good ole monty. This is where the rivalry between patton and monty was born.
Fair enough. This wasn't the european theater... but I concede this point.

So anything else you say tp me after this i have trouble reading as your "truths" are very skewed. These are all facts please check them and then get back to me
However, Canada was in there in 1939. The fact that americans think WW2 started in the 40s is itself a major falsehood. There were other countries fighting for a couple years before the US finally were attacked and got involved.
Thanks mate. You said everything else I wanted to say, better.

And now you quote an anti-american book (and using wikipedia, a source that is given to being wrong 40% of the time to boot). Im not sure if youre a russian fanboy but they were stuck until mid 43 when the other allies opened up the front in Italy and the germans had to divert resources. Yes they lost more bodies than the western allies in the Euorpean theater, but its not because they did more fighting its beause that was thier way of battle as it has always been. Throw our masses of bodies at the problem and overwhelm them.

As for demonizing the soviets, well, im not sure ill ever make any headway with teh commies are bad argument so ill leave that alone and just concede it to you. Cuba allowed the soviets to put nukes in our backyard and castro was in charge so yeah pretty justified.

Vietnam i have no excuse for, I wont really try.

Myf

Jan 12, 2011
You wonder why non-americans view you the way we do?!
Srsly most americans think I ride a friggin reindeer to work and eat seal-blubber tacos for lunch...

And what's the deal with not being circumcised? Whoopifucking-doo having to yerk off in a friggin sock because lack of skin.

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
I find it funny that in every thread that is created on this forum about America it always ends up "You guys think you're better then everyone else"

Name when we actually all do that, seriously the only people that say that would be some crazy politician(Which every country has so don't even lie about that) and trolls on the internet. Stop putting every American in the same category as some gut toting cowboy that hates every other country because it comes off almost as ignorant as a racist redneck.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Valkyr71 said:
Since when is war profiting same as military involvement?

Answers to that what you call history.
1. The USA started doing something once they were attacked directly. They did not go to war because they are good but because they had to fucking defend them self.
2. Japan was ready to capitulate withing some reasonable conditions. The USA said "all your base are belong to us or die bastard!!!!!" and nuked 2 fucking HUGE cities which were not important in any military aspect. You trow 2 fucking nukes on almost nothing but civilians. And the casualties are MUCH MORE than just those who were killed in the initial blase. All those died after the explosion thanks to radiation, all caused by your ignorance.
3. Financing terrorists, late having problems with them, that's not called helping the rest of the world. That's called karma. You fuck someone else up, be prepared to be fucked even harder. Also, killing innocent children still isn't helping, unless you're an average US citizen.

Fun fact. Scientists who developed nuclear technology were working for Hitler at first. Once they discovered the devastating power of it, they didn't gave the results to Hitler because they knew it wouldn't end good. Well, to bad they were naive enough to think that the USA is any better than the Third Reich.

P.S.
I do NOT hate Americans. I hate the average Joe and the image that the USA is making out of them. I feel sorry for those of you who are normal, but have to live in such a fucked up place.

Cyrax987 said:
I find it funny that in every thread that is created on this forum about America it always ends up "You guys think you're better then everyone else"

Name when we actually all do that, seriously the only people that say that would be some crazy politician(Which every country has so don't even lie about that) and trolls on the internet. Stop putting every American in the same category as some gut toting cowboy that hates every other country because it comes off almost as ignorant as a racist redneck.
Your politicians are elected by the votes of the majority. They REPRESENT your country. If you don't want that the rest of the world thinks you have the (obvious) superiority complex, than stop voting for idiots who will represent you as such. Stop changing history, stop forcing your beliefs on others.
If your country think that they are the global police, than you obviously think you're better than the rest.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Cyrax987 said:

You know what you deserve? You deserve an intenet high fivez for being ENTIRELY RIGHT.

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
I'm not a fan of the macho Americans who think they're superior to us British because they "saved our asses" in world war 2. To be frank, you would have fallen to Hitler and the japs if we didn't offer you a beachhead in Europe. We were holding our own well enough whilst you took you're sweet time getting you're ass in gear, and even then it took the loss of American life, not French, British or Russian, to get you're selves across the pond for the good of humanity.

The above is not a rant that we are in fact superior, its a counter rant to prove to said macho Americans that both sides are (or at least should be viewed) equal.

But the thing that boils my blood is you're butchery of the English language.

Color, for starters, you dropped one letter?

Aluminum, its a chemical element people!! Surely that would be a constant throughout the world in the same language!?!?! is the extra inflexion / syllable of the i in Aluminium too hard?

Sulfur, same thing!!! is sulphur so hard to say?

/cools off.

warmonkey

Dec 2, 2009
Cyrax987 said:

Now now.. calm down.
Let me explain.

They're allowed to do it, because their characterization of Americans is of an arrogant, overbearing dimwit who loves to loudly proclaim to everyone who can hear that he's better than them (and punch anyone who doesn't want to hear about it).

It is, of course, not true at all. But they get to do it, because that characterization did is doing the same thing to them, and they made up the meaner boogyman first that allows them to shit on an entire nation while still playing the role of the victim.

In short: It's fair because they said so. Nyah. Stop disagreeing, GOD, YOU'RE EXACTLY LIKE THE FICTIONAL CHARACTERIZATION! AMERICA SUCKS STOP DEFENDING IT COWBOY GEEZ!

This post is both entirely sarcastic and entirely truthful.

And this, rofl. This can't be allowed to pass uncorrected.

BiH-Kira said:
1. The USA started doing something once they were attacked directly. They did not go to war because they are good but because they had to fucking defend them self.
2. Japan was ready to capitulate withing some reasonable conditions. The USA said "all your base are belong to us or die bastard!!!!!" and nuked 2 fucking HUGE cities which were not important in any military aspect. You trow 2 fucking nukes on almost nothing but civilians. And the casualties are MUCH MORE than just those who were killed in the initial blase. All those died after the explosion thanks to radiation, all caused by your ignorance.
Point 1: Hey, know what happens when you attack people just because they attack other people you like? WORLD WAR 1. We were sorta hoping that wouldn't happen again -- of course, we DID provide the Brits with.. well.. haha. A great majority of your guns and such. Lend/Lease program, look it up -- the Brits were underequipped, even *before* Dunkirk. Which was a disaster. The only miracle was that *NOT EVERYBODY WAS KILLED*.
Point 2: There was a mistranslation in their response to our demand for unconditional surrender. Not our fault, frankly, for the Japanese sitting on their hands and dismissively using an ambiguous term.
As for the latter half of your point 2, are you seriously going to do that? With that horrendous spelling, too? Do you have any idea how war was fought back then? The bombing of Dresden? Firebombing of Tokyo? No? How about examples from the other side of things. Rape of Nanking? The constant bombing of center of London? I could go on, but I'm sure this is all new information for you. Go read a book about WWII some time.
PS: Hiroshima and Nagasaki were targeted because of their military/industrial capabilities, among other factors. Read about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki#Choice_of_targets

Your assertions about the development of the nuclear bomb, by the by, are just.. just wildly inaccurate. About as close to reality as moon landing hoax stories.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Valkyr71 said:
A. The Russians (and more importantly the terrible Russian weather conditions) are what won WWII, not to mention the French Resistance, The R.A.F, the gurkas, and various other groups. America did come in and help out, but you didn't win the war, you just hastened the end of it. Also, no one has asked America to be the worlds police force. In fact I think you will find a lot of people, both European and middle eastern have been asking you to STOP doing exactly that. We get it, you are a young country, and in the grand scheme of things you haven't really had all that long to sort yourself out, but this is the very attitude that causes the hatred for America. Sure, you are the financial and cultural leaders of the world in essence, but you aren't the first people do have that. Rome, Britain, heck even Israel/Palestine have been the same at various times in history so please calm down.