Obsidian Teases a New RPG

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Irridium said:
Though if Dungeon Siege 3 is any indication, they seem to have fixed their bug problem.
Although personally if I have to choose between good games with bugs or shit games without bugs, I'd go for the former.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Well whatever it is, if they get to build the game from the ground up like they did with Dungeon Siege 3, but with their own IP (pleasepleasepleaseplease), then this could be something really special.

Warts and all Obsidian have made some of my favourite games over the years. I would love to see them take their place at the big people table of the rpg pantheon.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
The Crotch said:
Wheel of Time RPG?

Regardless, Obsidian's always got my attention.
OK, now that's just mean. I have given up any hope of The Wheel of Time going past books and then you remind me. I guess it's possible seeing Obsidian owns the rights to it, but I doubt it.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Well, they certainly have *my* attention. My money's not on the Wheel of Time theory, though. Looking forward to see what comes next.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I can't wait 4 it!

By which I mean I can and will wait for maybe five years until the community releases an ultimate fix mod. Because Obsidian.

Caedus

Aug 29, 2010
I saw the picture and instantly thought about the Wheel of Time. Might as well start reading them again! :D

Obsidia, despite the bugs, released great games with impressive stories, I'm confident they'll do it again.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
The Crotch said:
Wheel of Time RPG?
Want so much.

OT:

I'm guessing some form of fantasy game based off the Fallout New Vegas engine.

However the twist is that it is a post-apocalyptic kinda style.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
The real question we must ask ourselves is this.

Can Obsidian, for the first time ever, made a complete game, that is stable, and playable?

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
My first thought is Wheel of Time because of the snake eating its tail...
But the text doesn't match.

Then I think of Dungeon Seige 4... Good possibility.

It is NOT Neverwinter Nights... Cryptic or whoever else has the mmo version of that now.

Fallout 4 isnt' really a possibility.. (Bethsoft has the rights on that..)

Perhaps... another Dragon Age? Bioware & Obsidian have always shared some of their games like that...

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
SajuukKhar said:
The real question we must ask ourselves is this.

Can Obsidian, for the first time ever, made a complete game, that is stable, and playable?
Yea its been done already Dungeon Siege 3

Most there games are buggy because they dont have enough time to polish up or in KOTOR2's case finish the game because there dev time is cut by several months

OT: I want to know what this game is already as im excited for there games

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Interesting how the few lines of text so far revealed have already turned me off of something I literally just discovered existed.

It already sounds like the lowest and most juvenile offerings of so-called High Fantasy, so I guess it can't fail to go up from there once more is revealed.
Considering this is Obsidian we are talking about if they are going high fantasy road then they will subvert the hell out of it.

(edit) In the buggest of ways but that isn't that much of a deal breaker with the stories they come up with.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Veldie said:
Yea its been done already Dungeon Siege 3

Most there games are buggy because they dont have enough time to polish up or in KOTOR2's case finish the game because there dev time is cut by several months
It is unfortunate that DS3 is also considered to be a sequel that wasn't as good as its predecessors, just as most Obsidian games are.

Dungeon Siege - 86
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dungeon-siege
Dungeon Siege II - 80
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dungeon-siege-ii
Dungeon Siege III - 72
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dungeon-siege-iii

Both the professional reviews, and the user reviews, say it wasn't that good of a game. A similar situation to both NWN 2 and KOTOR 2.

If this next game is a sequel to something we can expect Obsidian to knock off around 10 points of the games average review score compared to its predecessors.

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
I hope it's not Dungeon Siege 4. That just seems like a waste of Obsidian's potential.
poiumty said:
I GOT IT! IT'S BALDUR'S GATE 4

Because 3 was too mainstream and Obsidian stands for innovation in videogame titles.

No? Oh well.
Baldur's Gate 4: The Search For the Missing Sequel

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Ooh, intriguing.

I wonder what the fatal flaw will be this time. Mind you, still interested, just wondering.