Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

kk4everfighting

Dec 8, 2016
Pixelhunter said:
kk4everfighting said:
Okay I have several games that I cannot find ANYWHERE:
1- it's a PS2 game where there is a family of aliens living in this house. I remember that it had adult jokes and there were several characters you can play as (one had two heads, and one was fat but had a skinny neck?) I found this game a while ago but I forgot it again D:

[...]
This immediately reminds me of the "Stupid Invaders" (2001), but I don't think it was available on other systems than PC and the Dreamcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h89HqPsdU4
That's the one! I kept forgetting that we also had a Dreamcast lol. Thanks!

rafixwpt

Dec 8, 2016
Hiho, I am looking for long time a strategic old game which I was playing a years ago. I almost give up but I found this forum and maybe you can help me guys.

That was a game, where you are able to build air, water, tank and infantry unit. Each player has his own color (red/blue/yellow...).
By using infantry you can take enemy building by entering to it and changing it colour to yours. Interesting thing in that game was, when a tank was destoryed, it creates a black "dust" which blocks that spot on the map untill a "vacuum" tank come there and clean it (lol). Anyone who remember something like it?

Protoblob

Dec 7, 2016
rafixwpt said:
Hiho, I am looking for long time a strategic old game which I was playing a years ago. I almost give up but I found this forum and maybe you can help me guys.

That was a game, where you are able to build air, water, tank and infantry unit. Each player has his own color (red/blue/yellow...).
By using infantry you can take enemy building by entering to it and changing it colour to yours. Interesting thing in that game was, when a tank was destoryed, it creates a black "dust" which blocks that spot on the map untill a "vacuum" tank come there and clean it (lol). Anyone who remember something like it?
I remember also having played something like this, but I wouldn't know the title, so since I think it is the same game I feel free to add that it was a 2D overview (not isometric) and it was for DOS or Windows. Also, cleaning the destroyed tanks gave some resources back.
(Please reply to tell if you mean a different game.)

Maybe it was Total Annihilation, but I'm really not sure. But it was an RTS, I think.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Annihilation

rafixwpt

Dec 8, 2016
Protoblob said:
rafixwpt said:

I remember also having played something like this, but I wouldn't know the title, so since I think it is the same game I feel free to add that it was a 2D overview (not isometric) and it was for DOS or Windows. Also, cleaning the destroyed tanks gave some resources back.
(Please reply to tell if you mean a different game.)

Maybe it was Total Annihilation, but I'm really not sure. But it was an RTS, I think.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Annihilation
Looks similar but I don't think its it. I remember well only that black dust after tank/air unit was destroyed untill it was cleaned by vacumm tank. If I remember correctly, there was also helicopter units. First mission was maybe on desert, where you had limited army? Hard to say, it was at least 15 years ago (lol)

Graphic was 2D or rather 2.5D, but I don't think it was in DoS, I remember I had that game on CD-ROM from "PC World Computer" newspaper series

rubberedge

Dec 9, 2016
Hi all,

I'm trying to remember this game, although I don't have many details.

1) It's a NES-type game, around 20-30 years old, in the same time as Kung Fu, TwinBee, Gradius, etc.
2) There is some sort of airplane/aircraft flying around, and the graphics are quite blockish. In particular, I remember a lot of squares on the screen. The game scrolling is top-down.
3) The game reminds me strongly of TwinBee and Star Soldier, but it's neither.

Isaac Sauceda

Dec 9, 2016
I've got one game I'm trying to find.

All I remember was sometime in the 90's/2000's, I used to watch my mom play this game. It looked like some sort of fantasy RPG, kind of a side scrolling game with a semi-sky view. The only scene I remember was her character was traversing a desert, and in the middle of one section of the area, there was a huge rock formation with a cave. When you enter the cave, you're met with a giant scorpion, black. The death that stayed fresh in my mind was the Scorpion picked her character up, and she (the character) had shrilled in despair, then the screen would fade and allow her to restart.

I apologize if this is very vague, but I really wanted to play it and never got to, never even knew the name.

EDIT: It was NOT King's Quest VII, this game was less of a cartoonish design

Maxamune

Dec 9, 2016
I found this thread from sifting thru Quarter to Three forums. I know a lot of these games people are asking about. Mostly RPGs but I know a ton of other genres too. I don't have time to answer all of them in one sitting so I'll answer several a day, and PM the person just incase it's been years since they posted. Hopefully they still have some sort of notification whether the thread gets a reply or they get a PM.

I'm surprised with it being years since the first few pages, and 718 long that someone doesn't start a new one. I can't guarantee with so many pages of not answering one that has already been answered. If I were to check, then loading every page alone would be monumental amount of time for one answer. I don't see a way to filter for that.

Anyways, let's get started by finding 10 of these.

jinx42790

Dec 9, 2016
I believe it's an old Sega game. But I remember walking through like a strip club with poles on the tables & there were girls trapped in cages that you had to set free. Lots of shooting. Being chased by the police helicopters & you had to shoot them. I remember bits & pieces but it's driving me crazy! Help!

Maxamune

Dec 9, 2016
Snowalker said:
SteveBurger said:
The first thing that comes to my mind is Double Dragon 2. I suppose you could say the kicks look like dancing. I've never seen the gif. Karate Kid also has an NES adaptation, that could be it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles obviously has ninjas, but I think you would remember playing turtles.

I can think of several different ones I haven't seen mentioned. So you've checked Double Dragon 1, Double Dragon 2, Karate, and Katate Kid.

Is this NES? Have you tried:
Flying Dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglCu98Rbsw
Flying Warriors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcaU-fxTF4E
Is this Arati?
Karateka (2600/800XL)
Ninja (800XL)

I know lots more if those don't work? how old? What console?

By the way anyone reading this. If you have a NES title and you can't remember you can google it being played. Also, I find music helps memory a lot, so scroll thru WiiGuy's channel for your favorite NES games and maybe that will help.

Soylent Bacon_delete said:
xxygizx said:
SteveBurger said:
The game I'm trying to remember is also an NES game. It's futuristic, and you control an airborne ship. It could have been a robot. There were definitely upgrades, and there MAY have been some RPG elements to it, though I really don't remember if I'm just thinking of the upgrade items. It's a side scrolling game. I think the level is always moving, and you need to keep up.
I've got a game on the tip of my tongue, but all I can think of right now is [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBS8GJKjBqI"]MAGMAX[/a]... Could it possibly be [a href="http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/section-z"]SECTION-Z[/a]?
Magmax is definitely on the right track. The gameplay looks about right, and the robot looks similar at the start. However, I'm pretty certain the robot/ship was actually flying the entire time, not just moving up and down on the screen. Also, it had a theme I still remember from the first level, and it sounded nothing like this. Thanks for the help. Let me know if you remember the one on the tip of your tongue.
Zaxxzon? It was made for tons of systems.

Post #83
The Spectator said:
It was a sidescroller. Though it was inside a house. The main characters had pointy heads and.. I think they wore some kind of detective outfit. On the screen you could see two floors of the house. I can't remember what the main objective of the game was though.
Pretty sure it was Spy vs Spy. The objective was just killing the other spy with goofy traps.

Post#158:
AHDRAGON said:
I played a game on the snes around 1990 and cant seem to remeber what the name was.
Maybe someone knows:
It had 1 or 2 player mode.
The view of the game is from above
You played as a robot and could turn into a jetfighter
You had a base red or blue depending on wich player you where.
And needed to conqeur more bases 4 if i am right.
At your base you could build tanks and some other military verhicles.
The tanks could move in the other bases filling one out of 4 red/blue blips on the base.
when filled it turned into your base.
This is 100% Herzog Zwei: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYfYrhT82RM
It's for the Sega Genesis, not the SNES.

Post #25099:
jinx42790 said:
I believe it's an old Sega game. But I remember walking through like a strip club with poles on the tables & there were girls trapped in cages that you had to set free. Lots of shooting. Being chased by the police helicopters & you had to shoot them. I remember bits & pieces but it's driving me crazy! Help!
Vitua Cop? If that's not it. 1st Person? 3rd Person? Side scroller? (Like Streets of Rage). Any bit helps.

Maxamune

Dec 9, 2016
Post #25096
rubberedge said:
Hi all,

1) It's a NES-type game, around 20-30 years old, in the same time as Kung Fu, TwinBee, Gradius, etc.
2) There is some sort of airplane/aircraft flying around, and the graphics are quite blockish. In particular, I remember a lot of squares on the screen. The game scrolling is top-down.
Xevious [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjWIqtkSlQE]?

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Allan Hardy said:
Guys, im trying to remember a game from about 22 years ago!! I do not have much to go on, I just remember at the start of the game some kinda big claw, like an eagles talon or maybe a dragon, smashes through the roof of this house and it takes a person, not sure if its a baby or the guys wife or something and flys away. Then the game starts and you are outside the house in a woods, and you have to run through the woods after it, its dark and raining I think.

Must have been from early 1990s, on PC.
I'm probably way off, but the claw bit reminds me of Shadow of the Beast II [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iENsnbU651U] (it's around 02:00).

rubberedge said:
Hi all,

Maybe Star Force [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Iv92p8fcs]?

Mdbnny

Dec 9, 2016
Hey guys, need your wisdom

Im looking for a PC puzzle-platformer from the early 90s. The stages were in some of pyramid. The main character had a backpack and a baseball cap, vivid colors. I remember snakes and treadmills. The game reminded me of montezuma s revenge but was more sophisticated with better graphics and sound

Please help!

Thanks

Protoblob

Dec 7, 2016
Isaac Sauceda said:
I've got one game I'm trying to find.

All I remember was sometime in the 90's/2000's, I used to watch my mom play this game. It looked like some sort of fantasy RPG, kind of a side scrolling game with a semi-sky view. The only scene I remember was her character was traversing a desert, and in the middle of one section of the area, there was a huge rock formation with a cave. When you enter the cave, you're met with a giant scorpion, black. The death that stayed fresh in my mind was the Scorpion picked her character up, and she (the character) had shrilled in despair, then the screen would fade and allow her to restart.

I apologize if this is very vague, but I really wanted to play it and never got to, never even knew the name.

EDIT: It was NOT King's Quest VII, this game was less of a cartoonish design
It is too early, but maybe some Quest for Glory game?
Shannara maybe?
But they are both rather adventures, and I don't think Shannara has a desert.

rubberedge said:
Hi all,

1942?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTTR6U2a9dg

1943?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1943:_The_Battle_of_Midway

zion_jah

Nov 25, 2016
Mdbnny said:

Im looking for a PC puzzle-platformer from the early 90s. The stages were in some of pyramid. The main character had a backpack and a baseball cap, vivid colors. I remember snakes and treadmills. The game reminded me of montezuma s revenge but was more sophisticated with better graphics and sound

Please help!

Thanks
Jetpack? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHGIoYDV8fg]

LuckyShot0153

Dec 10, 2016
so i remember this game from my childhood and my older sis and i want to find it. its an old windows xp 90s (i think) top down racing game. i remember there being 2 types of cars (maybe more) but one was like one of those cube cars and the other was just a 2 door sedan. you could use oil slicks on the other racers and you could upgrade your car, like the engine, chassis, transmission, etc. there was also a map that kind of went in circles but it was surrounding a volcano. you could also set best times and race your ghost. i also remember there being a map on a hill where you could drive off the side to a lower road to get ahead. please help, we would appreciate it if we could get some help in finding this old game.

Mdbnny

Dec 9, 2016
zion_jah said:
Mdbnny said:

Please help!

Thanks
Jetpack? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHGIoYDV8fg]
hey zion. thanks for the reply

its not justpack. the protagonist actually walked. the camera was closer to the character and the similarities to miontezuma s revenge are mostly in the atmosphere / decor. it doesnt really play as montezuma. the screens are way smaller (maybe a couple jumps before raching the new screen)

cozmodog

Dec 10, 2016
Hello guys first of all I would like to start by apologizing for any spelling mistakes, english is not my native language. Right to get to the point I usually don't bother with this kind of things like searching old childhood videogames but my interest has been piqued, recently I watched the Alien movies, I don't know why but I got a feeling and since the game I'm looking for might be related(not 100% percent) right I do not want to tire you so I'll tell you what I remember,

Firstly I'm pretty sure I played it maybe more than 10 years ago, It was played on windows xp if I'm not mistaken It was a strategy game, I think it had 1-3 factions but I'm not entirely sure humans and some sort of Alien species(black if I remember xenomorph maybe) I think it did not have a lot of base building more like capturing bases you could post marines on towers I think I remember alien first mission was a snow based map(I think you started with 5-15 aliens and you had to make it through the map fighting human faction). So that's all I remember, sorry if I make it hard guys.

Joshua E Hess

Dec 10, 2016
I saw this site and realized I had to make an account to find the game I'm looking for. I'm 17 now and I was thinking about this old PC game that I used to play as a child. I used to go over to my friends house and we would play it together. I will describe it to the best of my memory, but this was probably around 2006 when I was 6 years old, so remembering every detail is hard lol. But it was this game on PC, you had what I would call a pinball, and you could control the direction of the ball with the arrow keys if I remember correctly, I don't remember the object of the game, but there were big wide open maps and you move the ball around and have fun. I specifically remember like there being tornadoes and weird other things to interact with. If anyone out there has any clue what I'm talking about, I would be so happy to have these memories come back to me through this game. Thanks!

Alante Pleasants

Dec 10, 2016
okay i have this game it was like dragon quest and battle of wesnoth
it was all pixelelated and you had soldiers in villages you would go out and collect crystals ?
the villages gave you gold and i believe it was top down

most prominent thing i remember is The dragons if you heard a dragon roar it means a dragon is near and it'd come by and attack your units

it was like 16 bit and on the computer

Alante Pleasants

Dec 10, 2016
okay i have this game it was like dragon quest and battle of wesnoth
it was all pixelelated and you had soldiers in villages you would go out and collect crystals ?
the villages gave you gold and i believe it was top down

most prominent thing i remember is The dragons if you heard a dragon roar it means a dragon is near and it'd come by and attack your units

it was like 16 bit and on the computer