Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Maddy Cheetham

Dec 23, 2016
Matthew Chang said:
I just watched Moana, and the face of the door to the crab's lair gave me serious deja vu. I realized that it was from a video game I played around 2007, but I am not sure what it is called.
I remember there was a jungle.... and there MIGHT have been two main characters, a brother and a sister. I know I was only a quest of some sorts. I remember there was a Ring of Fire, and in that scene I was talking to a rock or something with a face. I remember it being kind of creepy. I think I also talked to a tree somewhere. I remember in one scene there was a toucan and it said "Been there, done that". Or maybe it was a monkey. Please help! Ask any questions I can try to answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you!
I'm pretty confident the game you're after is one from the Cluefinders series:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ClueFinders_3rd_Grade_Adventures:_The_Mystery_of_Mathra

Maddy Cheetham

Dec 23, 2016
Matthew Chang said:
I just watched Moana, and the face of the door to the crab's lair gave me serious deja vu. I realized that it was from a video game I played around 2007, but I am not sure what it is called.
I remember there was a jungle.... and there MIGHT have been two main characters, a brother and a sister. I know I was only a quest of some sorts. I remember there was a Ring of Fire, and in that scene I was talking to a rock or something with a face. I remember it being kind of creepy. I think I also talked to a tree somewhere. I remember in one scene there was a toucan and it said "Been there, done that". Or maybe it was a monkey. Please help! Ask any questions I can try to answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you!
I'm pretty confident the game you're after is one from the Cluefinders series:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ClueFinders_3rd_Grade_Adventures:_The_Mystery_of_Mathra

DPAr

Dec 23, 2016
Hi guys, there are two games I would really love to know the names of. I will try my best to describe all I remember, although it is very hazy.

Release date: Late 1990's-Early 2000's
Graphics: 2D
Type: Strategy (Space) \ Empire Building

All I remember is one screen; there is a planet that has to be defended in the bottom right that can have a space station and your (or the computers) fleet attacks from the upper right (these positions may vary, I can't remember). There can be a similar defence fleet near the planet and both fleets engage each other.

Release date: Early-Mid 1990's
Graphics: 2D
Type: Point and Click

You begin on a space station (I do not believe you see yourself as a character, and maybe have amnesia) and one of the first tasks I remember is to seal a hull breach in a room to the right using a kit. Later on you control drones to perhaps stop something (possibly ships or other drones) attacking the station.

Not a lot to go on, but hopefully I have remembered accurately and someone can help

[edit] Couple of spelling mistakes

rosskii

Dec 23, 2016
Please help me find this, I've searched for years. Ok, the game is a side-scroller platform very old looking msdos game, you can go left or right. At the start you are a green alien, you are outside and you are by your spaceship which is broken (maybe crashed), you need to find parts to repair it. When you go to the right you end up inside. I remember there being rooms with had strange puzzel like situations, if you run into the next wall your go into the next room.

Im sure I remember the folder name on dos being something like "Galaxian", but when I search that its nothing like that game I remember. Maybe the folder was the wrong name? I dont know...

its similar to commander keen but its much more basic. hope someone else played this once?

Jiro Takeda

Dec 7, 2016
Really need your guys' help with this one. I remember this game vividly, but after searching through literally millions of images online, I have concluded that there probably is no digital record of this game?s existence. This is what I remember:

-It was a Whack-A-Mole game from the 90s.

-It was a computer game, either on Macintosh, Windows, or Windows 3.x.

-The controls for this game were chiefly the mouse, which appeared on the screen as a mallet.

-The art style was vivid, very colorful, and had a hand-drawn appearance.

-There were 3-5 different levels, each with a completely unique background. One of the levels was on the moon, where the moles would pop out of craters, wearing space helmets.

-The level layout was scattered and very asymmetrical. The holes were not lined up evenly; it was pretty messy. It wasn?t a simple row/column layout that you normally see in whack-a-mole.

-When you hit the moles with the mallet, their heads would flatten in a kind of grotesque manner.

-I don?t remember any special features or anything; it was a very simplistic style of play.

My family also corroborates this game?s existence, so it definitely wasn?t something that I imagined or dreamed. For whatever reason, I can find no record of this game. I am usually very capable of tracking old, obscure games down, but this one has eluded me for years. Thanks, in advance, for the help. Much appreciated.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Jiro Takeda said:

-The controls for this game were chiefly the mouse, which appeared on the screen as a mallet.

-There were 3-5 different levels, each with a completely unique background. One of the levels was on the moon, where the moles would pop out of craters, wearing space helmets.

-The level layout was scattered and very asymmetrical. The holes were not lined up evenly; it was pretty messy. It wasn?t a simple row/column layout that you normally see in whack-a-mole.

-When you hit the moles with the mallet, their heads would flatten in a kind of grotesque manner.

-I don?t remember any special features or anything; it was a very simplistic style of play.
I think that's WALLOP, which was sold as part of MicroProse Entertainment Pack Vol #1: Dr Floyd's Desktop Toys. Here is a video, as I can't find any screenshots. Level 10 is where it's in space.

Jiro Takeda

Dec 7, 2016
RelativityMan said:
Jiro Takeda said:

I think that's WALLOP, which was sold as part of MicroProse Entertainment Pack Vol #1: Dr Floyd's Desktop Toys. Here is a video, as I can't find any screenshots. Level 10 is where it's in space.
Nope, fraid not. The graphics were much better than that, and there was a lot more color.

Snaaf

Dec 24, 2016
Happy holidays people!
I played this game but have forgotten the title.
* This is a PC game, early 2000s I'd guess.
* It was a top-down shmup game with 360 degrees free movement
* It played over a sea with lots of islands
* Enemies in the air moved around in squadrons
* Some islands had forts on them that shot at you, too
* The boss was some baron, with different airships at the end of each level
* You could catch parachutes for powerups or rescue downed airmen
I think it's pretty obscure, I've never seen it since. Cool game though. Any suggestions gratefully received.

xxkrogholm

Dec 24, 2016
I played a game around the Millinium. You were controling a weird round thing around the edge og the map. You had to leave the edge and return to the edge som other place, and the inside og the square you just made was now not a part of the map. To win the map you needed to shrink the size of the map a certain percentage. There were obstacles in form of one large and several small mobs. For example a spider or a snail, and they would kill you, if they touched the trail you just made, if you didn't reach the edge in time. I played this a lot as a kid and I have absolutly no idea what its called.

Can someone please help me!!

Snaaf

Dec 24, 2016
xxkrogholm said:
I played a game around the Millinium. You were controling a weird round thing around the edge og the map. You had to leave the edge and return to the edge som other place, and the inside og the square you just made was now not a part of the map. To win the map you needed to shrink the size of the map a certain percentage. There were obstacles in form of one large and several small mobs. For example a spider or a snail, and they would kill you, if they touched the trail you just made, if you didn't reach the edge in time. I played this a lot as a kid and I have absolutly no idea what its called.

Can someone please help me!!
I've played those games too, forgot the names of the older games, but Fortix has the same principle.
(edit:) The old game was called Qix, which spawned many clones, look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qix

Dimpl_3

Dec 25, 2016
I could really use a help now.. For days I have been trying to find some game I was playing maybe in 2006 on PC..
It was children game suppose.. You were a main character some kind of wizard.. small with blue mantle, face wasn't seenable, I think, there was a blue hat on top.
Game could be played by two players.. in that case other wizard would be in the color of rose.. and then both of them would play at the same time on the same space..

I don't remember what was the point of the game..(and all sounds stupid, I know) but I know that, for some reason, you should have burn all the flares in the stage so you can pass it..
...There were some potions, and magic sticks.. you bought them in some kind of shop..

I don't remember what the enemies looked like.. but there was some stage with the water and dragon in it.. You throw some kind of magic balls to kill it.

The game had really good graphic, as I can remember.. and I just really want to see that game again..
If anyone can help.. it's serious.

p.s. this is how it looks when someone who has memory blockout is trying to write everything that he remembers.

Strangedwarf

Dec 25, 2016
So i played a game back in like 2004-2006, it was on PS1. It was something my dad had played so i don't think it was a children's game. But as i remember it, you started off as a dragon in a cage, you ran around a bit in the beginning and then you met some other guys that knock you out, i think there was a train somewhere in that too. Later in the game you ran around in towns with some human characters and that's about all i remember.

Please help me find out what it's called T_T

Marco Verratti

Dec 25, 2016
HI. its an old PC game. where you control a flying rabbit (i think) with long ears. and you are in the bottom of the screen ( only mover left and right) and you shoot some kind of fire. and in the top of the screen is the enemies there are insects, fishes, octopuses and others. and i remember the first boss being a big fish (level 8 i think) and the second boss is a dragon.
and for every specific # of enemies you kill the shoots become stronger. the last boss i think is some kind of plant.
I have been searching for the for years. PLZ HELP. THX

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
Viktor Johansson Thomson said:
So i played a game back in like 2004-2006, it was on PS1. It was something my dad had played so i don't think it was a children's game. But as i remember it, you started off as a dragon in a cage, you ran around a bit in the beginning and then you met some other guys that knock you out, i think there was a train somewhere in that too. Later in the game you ran around in towns with some human characters and that's about all i remember.
Probably Breath of Fire IV.

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
Dimpl_3 said:
I could really use a help now.. For days I have been trying to find some game I was playing maybe in 2006 on PC..
It was children game suppose.. You were a main character some kind of wizard.. small with blue mantle, face wasn't seenable, I think, there was a blue hat on top.
Game could be played by two players.. in that case other wizard would be in the color of rose.. and then both of them would play at the same time on the same space..
...and that one was likely Magicka.

Jiro Takeda

Dec 7, 2016
Jiro Takeda said:
Alright, this one is pretty vague, but I'm gonna post it anyway. All I remember of this game were bits and pieces.
-Windows 3.x
-Release date was probably early to mid 90's
-It took place in a haunted house
-Had a 2D, cartoonish style
-It was a point/click adventure-type game, similar to something like Putt-Putt
-There was a room in the house with animal trophies mounted on the wall; when you clicked on them, they came to life
-It was not Jan Pienkowski's Haunted House, nor was it Gahan Wilson's Ultimate Haunted House, nor was it Harry and the Haunted House, but it was similar to all three of them.
Ah, I finally found it. It was 'My Favorite Monster'.

Dimpl_3

Dec 25, 2016
Zaltys said:
Dimpl_3 said:
...and that one was likely Magicka.
Nope :/

Lee Lap Herng

Dec 5, 2016
silafa said:
Hello!

I remember playing a demo game on PC I downloaded from some website long ago, it was probably from the early 2000s, the graphics were 3D and the camera was behind you like in any close combat action game, you walked between arena-like stages and then fought dudes, I think you had a sword, and the thing that makes me want to try the game again is that you had a huge demon-like monster thingy as a companion that fought together with you!

The level design felt like you were powering through a castle, so stone-walls and metal bars and stuff like that.
The graphics were quite grey I believe.

Edit: It might be Chaos Legion's Thanatos that I'm remembering, if so I guess I'll thank diablo rules on page 675!

Lee Lap Herng said:
There is a fps game where the player have special power, its not that old and I think its around 2008-2010 (I saw it in my friends' house).

Its available in PC, I think the name is only one word and consist of 6-7 letters. The main menu seems to be "meaty".

The games seems to consists of multiple party members and everyone has different special powers, such as healing, throwing fire balls, ( I think I saw my friend used an attack like thunder on the final boss.
Clive Barker's Jericho (by Clive Barker)
Oh wow, thanks for that!

kimoryu

Dec 25, 2016
Hey guys when i was young i used to play this game where you are small flying angel and can't touch anything.

I remember in the first screen/level there was a dinosaur (stegosaur) that you had to fly over.
Then you had to fly right or left and got to another enviroment which i dont really remember.

Also

I've been playing some horror game at my friends place which name i dont remember.

You was a soldier and who got abseiled with 3 others (NPC) into some dark tombs.

You had a gun and killed monsters through the map.

The first room was an oval room with few doors.

When the game was launching there was a monster with one big eye and tentacles on the screen.

Thats everything i can remember thanks for your help and time :)

Moon2Be

Dec 26, 2016
Hello!

I am new to this... but if you can help that would be appreciated, my nostalgia is giving me a lot of annoyance lately...

So I think it was an RPG type of game, a Playstation 2 game, probably made from Japan. Very nice opening whenever I start the game. Very anime style like.
So I think it was about these two brother and sister escaping or going to somewhere, they are like alchemist or wizards of some sort. I don't remember much since it's been like 8 years, the disc is half the world away from me. I remember clearly that there are only dubbed subtitle whenever there's an important cutscene or dialogue, the other time you have to read it for yourself. It was like... this magic world where they live in a forest I think... and then they went out to the desert or city I can't quite remember. I felt like the sister were in some kind of trouble along the way and you have to help her or something... One of them have blue or green hair I think or both of them..

Well that's not a lot to go but if anybody played a lot of RPG they might know. There was another one where you are in a tower and you have to reach the top and it was like fighting dungeon crawler anime style like too, I remember getting stucked because the game glitches or something and I can't go on anymore and never played the game ever since. But that one is just stupid so I'm not even going to bother. It was so annoying.

Anyway please suggest? I'll look into it :)
Thank you, have a nice holiday!