Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

UndertakerInf

Jan 2, 2017
Hi

I found this wonderful thread and reminded me of this demo I had back in the 90's. I kept waiting for a full game to show up, but it never did. I found the demo, it has no name, no title, no company name. Googling only took me to a tabletop RPG called Cyberpunk 2020 on which this might be based.
The demo shows a videophone interfase with blue polygon bodies and sprite heads, then moves on to a hallway scene where we check doors while people walk by. Eventually we enter one apartment and fiddle with a remote, until the owner shows up pistol in hand. The UI is shown. This looks like a vertical slice!
Does anyone know this demo? did a full game ever come out?

I've uploaded some captured images here.
http://imgur.com/a/j5OA7

Thanks!

DylanJeff

Jan 3, 2017
I can remember a game that was on either the PS One or Two, not quite sure. In year range I'd probably say between 2001 and 2006, I was only a very small child so it's a kids game. In it you were a superhero, not ones like Marvel, I think they were just for that game. The objective of the game was to use your superhero and go and save people in distress, like they were in a house fire or somewhere flooded. You'd fly around looking for them and you'd have to save them. I'm sure if I saw it I'd notice it straight away. Cheers.

alexs063

Jan 3, 2017
Hi, this will be a pretty vague description, but i will try my best. So i remember this demo, which was for the ps1 where you would go into this place and it would start a boss battle (I think his health bar was blue, but i dont know for sure) and then you would have to fight him in this village, i think and the houses were on fire. Then, (this might be a seperate game though) there was this level where you were running down a temple or a hill, or something because a stone head was rolling towards you. Again, sorry for the vague description.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
alexs063 said:
Hi, this will be a pretty vague description, but i will try my best. So i remember this demo, which was for the ps1 where you would go into this place and it would start a boss battle (I think his health bar was blue, but i dont know for sure) and then you would have to fight him in this village, i think and the houses were on fire. Then, (this might be a seperate game though) there was this level where you were running down a temple or a hill, or something because a stone head was rolling towards you. Again, sorry for the vague description.
That second part is likely part of the demo for Brave Fencer Musashi. The boss fight with the Steam Knight sorta fits the first part, though the village-like courtyard wasn't on fire (it did suffer a lot of damage, though).

ShiLyn

Dec 26, 2016
This was a Windows XP game I believe available for download on a website that I can't remember the name of. Reddit couldn't figure it out. I've been dying to remember this game.

This was a point and click game with the main character (male) who's parents were killed and he lives in a trailer. I believe he had 2 friends. This game was about a T rating or E 13+? due to the amount of language.
The city you lived in was terribly nasty and I believe a part of the town was blocked off due to radiation.
There was one building I specifically remember where there was a boyfriend and girlfriend sitting on a couch and you had to talk to them or something to progress or to receive something.
I think the main part of the game was to stop somebody from setting off a missile and I think the missile ending up landing on where it was launched from.

It reminds me of Deponia due to the slightly feeling similar storyline and Day of the Tentacle because of the graphics, but this game was more flat.

I think you had to right click to get different options: talk, take and look.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
I'm looking for the name of a game I used to play back when I was a kid in the 90's. It's quite vague but all I can remember was it had something to do with maybe a film/tv studio, and there was something to do with clapperboards? Maybe these were the life indicatiors? There were also mummies, and also I remember that one of the levels had a quick draw cutscene. Anyone remember this game? Thanks in advance
Complete shot in the dark here but could it have been one of the Gex games? Clapperboards were a regular collectable in all three if I recall correctly.

alexs063

Jan 3, 2017
RelativityMan said:
alexs063 said:
That second part is likely part of the demo for Brave Fencer Musashi. The boss fight with the Steam Knight sorta fits the first part, though the village-like courtyard wasn't on fire (it did suffer a lot of damage, though).
Oh my gosh, thank you so much it was that game! man, the memories.

joe037aeejhget

Jan 3, 2017
Hey guys I played a game in 2012-14(Somewhere around that time). It was a browser/flash game (No downloads). It was something of a story game in a school (I think it was a high school) that ended in a murder/death. If I recall correctly the main antagonist is called nate (Could be entirely wrong). There is some part of the game in which you need to find a key and it's in a frog in the biology room. And that's about all I remember.
Would be great if someone could remember/remind me of the title.
The graphics were a bit on the cartoon/pixel side.
It's been bugging me for a while and I just can't find it despite googling for near 2 hours now.

Thanks In Advance!

Abdulaziz AlNaser

Jan 3, 2017
hey everyone

I played a game around 2006, where you play as Japanese fat dude and you must build traps in your house to kill samurais that are trying to kill you.
You can upgrade the house and the traps, even hire body guards.

Thanks.

tomfinn

Jan 3, 2017
Hey all, basically I played this game a good few years ago on my PC, it was a 2d side scroller racing game. I remember one level was called Sand Dunes and it had a sequel. For some reason I seem to remember unlockable characters such as Elvis Presley, a skeleton, fartypants, a grandma in a buggy, and a dinosaur. It looked very cartoonish if that helps at all.. thanks for all help in advance :)

FailingMemory

Jan 3, 2017
Hello.

I've been thinking about this game for quite a while but I've began to think it may have been just a dream or some thing alike since it's been imposible to find anything related to it anywhere... here it goes.
The main character was a male that is for sure, but I don't know if it was a native american or what... I remember he could fly, at least for the begining of the game, wich took place on some floating rocks and islands populated by some mischievous looking imps or pixies with pointy ears and heads that looked like that of a pikmin but with large blank eyes and sharp teeths that they showed through they evil grin. The game was some sort of puzzle platformer in a 3D enviroment and a 3rd person perspective. I don't remember any combat in it although I do remember some nasty enemies but it's realy all a blur.
If any one knows any thing I would really apreciate it, but as I said I may just have imagiend it when I was a kid. It wouldn't have been the first time xD

Thanks any ways. Cheers

FailingMemory

Jan 3, 2017
Oh and btw, I tried finding any thing related on this website, but after about 50 pages and seeing that this forum has over 700 I decided to just ask so... if any one already asked about this game and I did not see it I'm sorry for bothering you guys again.

W0LFG1RL1996

Dec 30, 2016
I have a game that I played like 10 years ago. I can't remember the name at all, but you were this fuzzy/furry creature that had to go around almost "pac-man style" saving other creatures like yourself and they would follow you like a conga line and if an enemy hit any of the creatures following you, you had to re-rescue them. There were different stages and a story line. It was a game for PC and please if anyone knows what this game is, let me know.

ShiLyn

Dec 26, 2016
ShiLyn said:
This was a Windows XP game I believe available for download on a website that I can't remember the name of. Reddit couldn't figure it out. I've been dying to remember this game.

This was a point and click game with the main character (male) who's parents were killed and he lives in a trailer. I believe he had 2 friends. This game was about a T rating or E 13+? due to the amount of language.
The city you lived in was terribly nasty and I believe a part of the town was blocked off due to radiation.
There was one building I specifically remember where there was a boyfriend and girlfriend sitting on a couch and you had to talk to them or something to progress or to receive something.
I think the main part of the game was to stop somebody from setting off a missile and I think the missile ending up landing on where it was launched from.

It reminds me of Deponia due to the slightly feeling similar storyline and Day of the Tentacle because of the graphics, but this game was more flat.

I think you had to right click to get different options: talk, take and look.
I just found it! AFTERSHOCKED. It's not on YouTube at all... But I felt it was something to do with Aftershock. I recognized that trailer screenshot INSTANTLY!

Vorstols

Feb 28, 2016
I've got a game i remmeber playing a few years ago and i really want to find it

The game is made in 2d pixels. You basically are a dude who must elimnate all enemies, there are multiple guns, diffrent levels. Like a beach and a mansion with an underground base. The weapons are (I think) pistol, shotgun, smg, grenade launcher, assault rifle, famas. Everything is made out of pixels. I also think there were a few bosses (like 2).it looked similiar to superfighters but not exactly, I think the graphics we're a bit more light in the game. And guns were purchasable and dropped i think as well.
Coins we're currency, you could get them from some parkour I think. There we're also cards you could find in secret areas.

Vorstols

Feb 28, 2016
Vorstols said:
I've got a game i remmeber playing a few years ago and i really want to find it

The game is made in 2d pixels. You basically are a dude who must elimnate all enemies, there are multiple guns, diffrent levels. Like a beach and a mansion with an underground base. The weapons are (I think) pistol, shotgun, smg, grenade launcher, assault rifle, famas. Everything is made out of pixels. I also think there were a few bosses (like 2).it looked similiar to superfighters but not exactly, I think the graphics we're a bit more light in the game. And guns were purchasable and dropped i think as well.
Coins we're currency, you could get them from some parkour I think. There we're also cards you could find in secret areas.
Also the pixels weren't very detaailed and we're bland

hamadesiato

Jan 1, 2017
hamadesiato said:
This one is driving me crazy!!!
I want to say it's an SNES game, it's side view, 2 on 2 versus, big interactable stages, camera zooms out when characters get far, lot of pick ups like grenades pistols machine guns rockets, among the characters you can choose two stand out: a monkey with a hat (I kind remember) and twin sisters played simultaniously, when ever you killed an enemy the monitor screen where it was displayed brakes, and if I remember correctly last boss is a betrayal and a chase until you fight him in a burning room... I guess thats all I can remember. Please help me!!!!!
Just got to mi mind, there was also a guy on a whellchair(very high tech one)!
Any Ideas?? I'm lossing mi mind...

gmaestro

Jan 4, 2017
I?m trying to remember a game i used to play in my childhood. It was like a persecution, where you drived a car and at same time controlled a guy in the back seat shooting other car. I remember also that in some time of the game, an enemy helicopter appeared and you have to shoot it also. Could you help me to remember the game?s name?

hamadesiato

Jan 1, 2017
hamadesiato said:
hamadesiato said:
This one is driving me crazy!!!
I want to say it's an SNES game, it's side view, 2 on 2 versus, big interactable stages, camera zooms out when characters get far, lot of pick ups like grenades pistols machine guns rockets, among the characters you can choose two stand out: a monkey with a hat (I kind remember) and twin sisters played simultaniously, when ever you killed an enemy the monitor screen where it was displayed brakes, and if I remember correctly last boss is a betrayal and a chase until you fight him in a burning room... I guess thats all I can remember. Please help me!!!!!
Just got to mi mind, there was also a guy on a whellchair(very high tech one)!
Any Ideas?? I'm lossing mi mind...
Foud it!!!!

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/outfoxies/outfoxies.htm