Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
glazer12 said:
Hello i have been looking for a game for two days now. It's a game i played as a kid.

Ok so this is a side-scrolling game where you play as a some kind of a witch with long purple hair(mabye green but most possibly purple) .This was basically a jumping and running game. I remember this being a long game as i never actually finished it since it got really hard. And possibly you could not save the progress as there were just some checkpoints you had to pass.
I think the first level was a green terrain with a blue sky.
A bit of a guess, but Wiz 'n' Liz maybe?

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
WillowKai said:
Apologies if I'm not putting this in the correct place...(pls. advise if it isn't) I wish to post my own question about a game from the past.

The last time I remember seeing it, it was around 1993... an arcade game with video of real people set in the Old West.
The video was interactive, so whenever you missed or shot someone, all the other characters would look over, then look at you, and comment.

Anyone remember this name? Shoot Out? Gunslinger? Oh I just don't know.

Appreciate it.
=)
Mad Dog McCree?

smorganwo

Aug 16, 2012
I used to play a board game when i was a kid (early 80's) that I can't remember the name of. It had magicians whose power would be stronger during different sun cycles of the games, their were populations known as The Empire (with Heavy Horse that could be charged but where then demorilized), and one which with spiders,etc., also you had emmersaries who would try and converted populations onto your side via deplomacy...any body knowthis game?

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
DYin01 said:
I just made a thread like this because I didn't know this one existed. I hope someone here can help me then. This is from my so far unanswered thread:

''It's a race game of sorts. You play as a shuttle and you hoover and jump across platforms. It's viewed in third person and your shuttle has two big engines with yellow light emitting from them (probably fire). I also know that there was an X-mas edition of this game.''
Call me a friggin' lunatic if I'm wrong, but it's not NiGHTS, is it?

KarasuKame

Aug 15, 2012
cloroxbb said:
KarasuKame said:
cloroxbb said:
KarasuKame said:
ok, so i created this account simply for this thread...thank you for creating it.

My father is looking for an old school (probably 70's) arcade game, unfortunately he is terrible at describing things in any amount of detail. I'll paraphrase the best i can:

the game involves three colored lines that you cant control directly, rather, you "guide" (or otherwise influence the movement of said lines) them in an attempt to cross two or more of them over "stars" (objective points) to detonate them. the color changes and there is some music as well.

good luck

Bonus cookie challenge: is there a port for xbox 360 arcade?
Sounds like Missle Command, I dont think there is a version for XBLA
i hate to say this but it isn't missile command (i checked). if it gives a better visual to work off of imagine the mystify screensaver for windows.

seriously, thank you and good luck.
Tempest?
:(
just got back from speaking with him again. not tempest. he (incredibly vaguely and questionably) recalls the controls being a pair of dials similar to what you would find in an etch-a-sketch. he also claims that this game was a niche market for its time, not every arcade had one and those that did only had one. he also says that this is closer to the time when atari and pong were in households, but before pack-man.

...seriously...
good luck

dados321

May 13, 2012
hy im looking for a game it is a fps game where you fight (i think) aginst some terrorists you have vehicles like boats ,helicopters, planes, cars, jeep, humeves,and you take weapons and this vehicles from white garages you have a list and you choose wich gun, vehicles and equipments you will use... at start of game you are at a training camp...maps are very big....you can take wich uniforms you want to use....the intro in the game is like an army attack an enemy base in some desert. and this game is i think relesed in 2005 i playd it when i was 8 im now 13. help me please and sry for my bad english

unkownx3

Aug 16, 2012
Ok I am looking for a ps 1 game .. it was a i would say strategy game on square like battlefeild, the mission were to kill all the enemies on the battlefield .. and you did not run around to find enemies.. the mission always started alredy on the battlefield .. you had to move the units on this squares and every unit had limited numbers to move .. and damn this game had the best music ever.

Ok I know i am bad at describing but i hope someone could help me

ty

cuzzbollah

Aug 16, 2012
Here's a long shot (just joined to ask this question. This has been racking me, my brother's and Dad's brains for years.

In 1993 - 1994 we played a PC game on our Amstrad 286 (showing my age), it might have been a demo on a PC Format disc, but not sure.

It was a first person sandbox style, the graphics were similar to Magic Carpet, Alone in the Dark, Another World and EPIC.

All we remember is having the ability to roam an island, and do whatever you want ? there were vehicles, and aircraft around this island that you could hop in and fly around. For example, there was a hot air balloon, a yellow plane that would also go underwater (weird). The thing I remember the most about this game was that after roaming around the island for a while, I think it got dark ? I found a box and you looked in it, it was a bomb! I remember running away from it and there was a flash on the horizon from the explosion. The game was seriously atmospheric and ahead of it's time. It felt like a very primitive version of GTA3 (although of course it was years before)

Having looked for this game for years we're thinking it might have just been a demo on a magazine.

Any leads would be much appreciated !

Aquanoob

Aug 16, 2012
Hey there!

Here's a game i've been looking for years now but i can't remember the name:

Its on the SNES, you are like a baby with a big head, you hit stuff with your big head and when you get angry is like a super power, it was a side scroller adventure kind of game, very colorful and a japanese humor kind.

I hope theres someone elese who have played it n__n

Aquanoob

Aug 16, 2012
Psycho Cat Industries said:
There was this one game where you played as this alien working for a company who extincted animals for snack food and then targets his race.The name doesn't really come up in my head.I remember that it had a sequel or two
It has to be Odd World :)

irmerlin

Aug 16, 2012
okay so, i joined this site just for this thread.
in preschool, i played this game on the computers, in which you were a knight? but like a childishly animated knight at that, and you had to go thru this adventure, leading up to going into the castle, you had to find your night friends and i remember something about a sheild.

not much, but see what you gents can do.

Rado723

Aug 16, 2012
I been tryna figure out the name for this game for the sega genesis me n my bro use to play you was on foot and the gun you had shot missiles and when it hit your anemys the upper bogy exploded leaving the lower half wit the spine sticking out gushing up blood..... somebody help me please

andreyground

Jun 25, 2012
andreyground said:
i'm so lucky to find this thread.
im looking for a race game, it include weapons, spikes, so you can plat tires. Its something between re-volt(take weapons from crates or squares idk) and NFS (modern cars, not like re-volt)
i had on cd, and its PC game. I played on my old computer (pentuim 3). The game is very similar to Blur,i was thinking i found it but, Blur is released 2010, and i played this 6-7 years ago. There are NO machineguns on the cars, and your NICKNAME is written on the car registration on the back. The maps are cities, like Paris, Rome(i remember Rome was night). Thats all i could remember.
I would appreciate any help
anyone this...pls :(

Frokane

Sep 28, 2011
Hey everyone, im doing my old nostalgia sweep and i REALLY need help with this one,
It was a kart racing style game like mario kart with powerups and wacky characters, i THINK it was on the N64 but it could have been on the PS1, thats all i can really remember about the game apart from something to do with the characters endings they would get a large ton weight dropped on them for a game over, or something.

arggh i can remember some of it quite clearly but the rest is a blur!, help

no one

Aug 17, 2012
Hello everyone! What you doin'

there's a game on the PS1 i've been looking for years but i couldn't find the name. All i can remember is about two story modes, either we choose ( blond woman with ponytail and a guy ) or ( a guy with white hair and alittle boy or maybe a girl who fights with broomstick or something )

the story is on a big ship i think. after they combat with the boss, the ship sank at the end .. sorry i could not remember the things quitely. plz help me to find the game. thnk

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
irmerlin said:
okay so, i joined this site just for this thread.
in preschool, i played this game on the computers, in which you were a knight? but like a childishly animated knight at that, and you had to go thru this adventure, leading up to going into the castle, you had to find your night friends and i remember something about a sheild.

not much, but see what you gents can do.
I'm pretty sure it's Fisher-Price Knights. I remember having all the toys. Also, there were pirate toys and a Fisher-Price Pirate computer game.

Akeslos

Aug 17, 2012
Hi there guys. I have been searching for this game for like years. I remember playing this around 10 years ago. Its a FPS set in space game it is NOT System shock. I remember you had to fight all kinds of things. It is very similar to Half-life the most vivid images i can recall was like - your ship is totaly attacked and there are other people on board and at one point you have to run and save a scientist by closing a gate RIGHT after he is passed it before a huge explosion engulfs him and then he gives you goodies. Later on i remember you setting on a foreign planet with a few guys with ya and there were some magic fairy-like glow balls that healed things you attacked . Thank you in advance

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
Akeslos said:
Hi there guys. I have been searching for this game for like years. I remember playing this around 10 years ago. Its a FPS set in space game it is NOT System shock. I remember you had to fight all kinds of things. It is very similar to Half-life the most vivid images i can recall was like - your ship is totaly attacked and there are other people on board and at one point you have to run and save a scientist by closing a gate RIGHT after he is passed it before a huge explosion engulfs him and then he gives you goodies. Later on i remember you setting on a foreign planet with a few guys with ya and there were some magic fairy-like glow balls that healed things you attacked . Thank you in advance
That sounds very close to Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force.