Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

skillbuilder

Jul 3, 2017
Can someon please help me find this game that i just can't find anywhere. I can't remember much but it was like an old 3d Platforming game for PC (year I would guess 2004-2008) and it wasn't really that famous so no ratchet and clank,Conker's Bad Fur Day etc.. problem is I guess it's not a 3D platform game but i can remember clearly that it is:) I still can remember few levels - one of them was like a pirate themed (i think you were jumping from Beach A to Beach B), in the next one you were dodging wall of lasers and the last i can think of i can remember you were driving like a hoverboard and you were dodging walls etc and ducking. It was definitly animated ( something like ratchet and clank or similar) I guess it was a game for kids but I don't think you played as human and maybe you could even switch characters. Please help I've been trying to figure this one out for months without results. Thanks:)

kayj905

Jun 30, 2017
KaiYLowell said:
kayj905 said:
I've been thinking of a game I watched my uncle play frequently, but I never learned the name; and if I did, I forgot it. I remember it had an eagle-eye-view map that you progress through (kind of like new super mario bros, but I remember there being forests and just the fantasy-game kind of feel). Note: the map MIGHT not have had specific levels, but just a forest where you run into packs of monsters or enemies and stuff; I specifically remember there being skeletons involved at some point).
The combat was turn-based on a checkerboard type battlefield where the units need to be within a range to be able to attack. Your units are on the left, and the attacker(')s are on the right. I think the width [from the player's perspective it would be up and down] of the battlefield was anywhere between 4 and 6 tiles. (no idea about length)
I distinctly remember some kind of knight on a horse. The knight had a lance. His armor was either blue or white, but it matched the color of the horse's cover/armor. The horse had a full cover that went down to the ground. I also remember a distinct neigh, but I don't remember what event caused it to neigh.
The last thing I remember is being able to have a griffin as a unit.

My uncle played this game some time around 2005-2008. It was single player.
This sounds like it could be a Fire Emblem game.
Nope, that's not it; thanks though. The game had pretty good graphics, and it wasn't very pixelated.

Setryu

Jul 3, 2017
Hello
I remember a very simple and old game. I played it on windows XP, game from some kind of computer magazine or sth.
It was simple, white background, and drawn soldiers, like from paint. 2D levels, pickups like weapons (grenade launcher, uzi, etc.) kevlars, helmets, and jetpack. You were one at all.
Anyone know that game?

Stormsong07

Jul 3, 2017
I used to play this old PC game. Probably in the 97-00 time frame. It was a series, I remember I had like, #5 or #7 in the series, and that's the only one I played. The number was in Roman Numerals on the cover. I'm pretty sure the title was 3 words. I keep thinking Reign of Fire, but all I get when I google that is the game based off the movie. Or maybe something with "chaos" in the title?
It was set in a medieval fantasy world. You could pick to be a mage, a warrior, or a theif. (I know, I know, like all medieval fantasy games, right?)
I remember that the mages shot fireballs and ice balls as some of their main spells. They were at the bottom of your screen (like in WoW) and you could trigger them with a keyboard shortcut. The mages wore robes.
I'm pretty sure there was one quest line where you had to steal a feather or something from a pegasus' nest.
You started at an inn, which was your home base.
I also remember wandering around this town on the coast that was burned or sacked by bandits? And you had to help try to fight them.
Also something about a cave...I think where you could learn or make spells or potions...?

I realize this is very vague, but does it ring any bells for anyone? It's driving me crazy.

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
Stormsong07 said:
I used to play this old PC game. Probably in the 97-00 time frame. It was a series, I remember I had like, #5 or #7 in the series, and that's the only one I played. The number was in Roman Numerals on the cover. I'm pretty sure the title was 3 words. I keep thinking Reign of Fire, but all I get when I google that is the game based off the movie. Or maybe something with "chaos" in the title?
It was set in a medieval fantasy world. You could pick to be a mage, a warrior, or a theif. (I know, I know, like all medieval fantasy games, right?)
I remember that the mages shot fireballs and ice balls as some of their main spells. They were at the bottom of your screen (like in WoW) and you could trigger them with a keyboard shortcut. The mages wore robes.
I'm pretty sure there was one quest line where you had to steal a feather or something from a pegasus' nest.
You started at an inn, which was your home base.
I also remember wandering around this town on the coast that was burned or sacked by bandits? And you had to help try to fight them.
Also something about a cave...I think where you could learn or make spells or potions...?

I realize this is very vague, but does it ring any bells for anyone? It's driving me crazy.
Quest For Glory V: Dragon Fire

Marco Luijten

Jul 4, 2017
Hello everyone on the forum, I have a game that I've been searching for for quite a while now, but I have not found the slightest clue thus far, maybe one of you can help me? From what I can remember, the game is about a native tribe. The title of the game, if I recall correctly, is also the name of one boy in this tribe. It's mostly a narrative game, where on each screen you entered, you just received a little story of what was on the screen, and then you could interact with different things on the screen, in a fasion similar to Putt-Putt. I only recall two screens somewhat vividly, one of them depicted a large river or lake where the tribe was bathing in and having fun with each other, and there was another screen where all the tribe members were gathered and this shaman somehow made the moon go away or something, causing all people to fall asleep. The cover of the cd itself was a dark colored cover, with the little boy from the title on it, along with him one or more torches and a tribe hut on the background. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
raulGLD said:
Hello, there is an old game on nes or sega or something like those that looks something like Ninja Gaiden but it s with some monsters I think or some characters but you only play with one or there is only one I can not really remember and you keep going to the right of the screen and there is one level in it that looks like you are running and jumping on some books like in a bookshelf. Please tell me if you know what I am talking about! Thank you so much! Please let me know if you figured it out!
I have searched on google for 3 days and watched over 100 games on youtube about nes and sega games but I did not find it.
Something of a wild guess here, but maybe Monster in My Pocket [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nxBLapcvgw]?

BubbaMcCookies

Jul 4, 2017
Alright so, i remember playing this old PC game from armor games or a site similar to that. From my memory the game was a fighting game where you could fly and shoot fireball like things. The fighting is similar to DBZ but it isn't, also the walls of the fighting area were able to be damaged. Say if you shot the fireball at the wall it would make a dent, and you could throw your opponent into the walls or continue to attack them and push them through the wall. The graphics were simple but not 8bit or anything like that. Hope this is enough to go by.

Jul 4, 2017
Hello, sorry if this game was already asked before but i've been looking for a game i played many years ago. It's an arcade game very similar to PCbert but i remember you had to go from the starting spawn point to a goal going threw traps and different kind of jumps.
I clearly remember that in the game some of the traps were moving feet and hands that tried to smash you.
I also remember that i played it around 1998 or 1999 and it was inside a CD-Rom with many other games like Commander Keen and Redneck Rampage.
Hope you guys can help me out here.

raulGLD

Jul 3, 2017
Ogoid said:
raulGLD said:
Hello, there is an old game on nes or sega or something like those that looks something like Ninja Gaiden but it s with some monsters I think or some characters but you only play with one or there is only one I can not really remember and you keep going to the right of the screen and there is one level in it that looks like you are running and jumping on some books like in a bookshelf. Please tell me if you know what I am talking about! Thank you so much! Please let me know if you figured it out!
I have searched on google for 3 days and watched over 100 games on youtube about nes and sega games but I did not find it.
Something of a wild guess here, but maybe Monster in My Pocket [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nxBLapcvgw]?[/qulote]

Man you are THE B E S T! I've been looking for this game forever.. so many awesome memories just came back to my mind. Thank you!

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
kayj905 said:
I've been thinking of a game I watched my uncle play frequently, but I never learned the name; and if I did, I forgot it. I remember it had an eagle-eye-view map that you progress through (kind of like new super mario bros, but I remember there being forests and just the fantasy-game kind of feel). Note: the map MIGHT not have had specific levels, but just a forest where you run into packs of monsters or enemies and stuff; I specifically remember there being skeletons involved at some point).
The combat was turn-based on a checkerboard type battlefield where the units need to be within a range to be able to attack. Your units are on the left, and the attacker(')s are on the right. I think the width [from the player's perspective it would be up and down] of the battlefield was anywhere between 4 and 6 tiles. (no idea about length)
I distinctly remember some kind of knight on a horse. The knight had a lance. His armor was either blue or white, but it matched the color of the horse's cover/armor. The horse had a full cover that went down to the ground. I also remember a distinct neigh, but I don't remember what event caused it to neigh.

Maybe it was a game out of the "Heroes of Might & Magic" series then.

kilarbourbon

Jul 2, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
kayj905 said:

It shall be Heroes III

Martin Tyufi

Jul 4, 2017
Hello everyone,
i can't remember the name of a game i played a long time ago, it's about a boy(who has kinda normal height, not like most of the main characters of other games - extra small.) who travels into different worlds as the game goes further. His aim is to save his girlfriend, i think. The style is 2d platform, some kind of an old pixel game, i think. The boy is with brown hair, has shorts and a shirt. The first stage is on earth, i think, and you go through nature, climb trees, collecting coins, bees are trying to sting you and etc. I played a trial version, because the original one had a price and was placed for sell on a site from where i downloaded the games Snail Mail and Turtle Odyssey(don't get it wrong, the gameplay is not the same, i am just giving examples for the site). And last but not least i think it's a jump and run one. If you type this in the google images search: Lomax platform game, the second image that pops out is kind of an example of the game style and graphics, just a little bit cleaner.

Bank Cars

Jul 2, 2017
Please ! can someone help me ! i forgot a game that you play with a big bubble i remember the begining of the story it's the bubble it came from The space and you will bounce with it and you will crush colorful people and transform to their color And then you need to color the buildings that's all i remember :( PLEASE HALP!
(PC platform)

kayj905

Jun 30, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
kayj905 said:

That was totally it! You're the man, thank you very much.

MithrilRoshi

Jul 4, 2017
One game... One game that has alluded more forever.

There was this mecha game, unsure if it was on ps2 or xbox but it was a older system. It involved almost rpg like elements to the game, such as turn based etc, and where you built your mech and went through the story, the start of which involved dropping into a city to infiltrate and fighting across a large highway at first.

Another key point is that sometimes you would battle outside of your mech as well on foot.

Any ideas?

mollysue

Jul 4, 2017
So I played this game when I was younger, like maybe 2007? My grandpa used to play it a lot and I can't remember the name of it for the life of me! I thought it was Myst but that's not it. It's for PC and what I remember is that it's case was a box and it was gold and what not. I don't remember the full plot but I remember that you play both a male and female character (you switch back and forth) and in one part of the game (when you're the male) you have to break into this woman's apartment to get some information and you find her dead in her bath tub. In any other part you're on this bridge at night and there's a man painting? I don't really remember much else about it except that it had really good graphics for the time it came out and it was for PC.

Venetian Trader

Jul 5, 2017
Awhile ago I was thinking about and old game I played when I was younger and was terrible at, but I want very much to figure out what it was and get it again. All I remember about the game is that it was presumably from the early 2000s, was a scifi game, you lead a species in an either planetary or galactic scale base building (I think), and the cover I'm positive had a green alien and other beings on it. That is all I can remember about it at the moment.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
mollysue said:
So I played this game when I was younger, like maybe 2007? My grandpa used to play it a lot and I can't remember the name of it for the life of me! I thought it was Myst but that's not it. It's for PC and what I remember is that it's case was a box and it was gold and what not. I don't remember the full plot but I remember that you play both a male and female character (you switch back and forth) and in one part of the game (when you're the male) you have to break into this woman's apartment to get some information and you find her dead in her bath tub. In any other part you're on this bridge at night and there's a man painting? I don't really remember much else about it except that it had really good graphics for the time it came out and it was for PC.
Could it have been the fourth (or even third) Broken Sword game?

InternalScreaming

Jul 5, 2017
I remember there was this game that I played when I was around 6 or 7 and it was really creepy. You played as this purple devil creature that had a name. The creatures name is the name of the game I think. But you would go around and make stuff happen like collecting items and letting dogs free so they can kill people. I think there are about five games in this series and I've really been looking everywhere for it but haven't found anything. I think I found it on armour games one time. It was PROBABLY armour games. but if anybody could help me find this then that would be amazing. Because I've been trying to find this for 6 years. Thanks!