Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

arivara

Jul 2, 2017
hello if you guys can help me with this i would really appreciate it.

My game is futuristic , a 2d sidescroller , the guy that we play as has purple armor all over his body , except on his head.
he has a light blue laser sword and he can `pick upgrades on the level that gives him some sort of companion , it's like a ball that floats around him , and when he attacks with his sword the ball fires a laser attack too , but not always ,you could get different types of balls.
In the first level you are in a city and you fight robots with guns I believe ( I can't remember if they were robots or humans with suits), and the boss is a giant robot that fires a big laser.

arivara

Jul 2, 2017
hello if you guys can help me with this i would really appreciate it.

My game is futuristic , a 2d sidescroller , the guy that we play as has purple armor all over his body , except on his head.
he has a light blue laser sword and he can `pick upgrades on the level that gives him some sort of companion , it's like a ball that floats around him , and when he attacks with his sword the ball fires a laser attack too , but not always ,you could get different types of balls.
In the first level you are in a city and you fight robots with guns I believe ( I can't remember if they were robots or humans with suits), and the boss is a giant robot that fires a big laser.

Chavilela

Jul 2, 2017
Hey, so, the game I'm looking for is one from the PS1 era, 1995-2000s.

It is a racing game for the Original Playstation, 3D, almost simulation like but not on Gran Turismo levels.

I dont remember much but all I can say is that apparently it had a single track only (dont remember a track selection screen), had licensed cars, mostly japanese like Mitsubishi, they were not rally cars but they did have professional racing decals, very few car options, like about 5 if I'm not wrong, what I can say though is that the car selection screen background is completely or mostly pure white with the car 3d model spinning in the middle. That's all I remember.

OBS: It is NOT Ridge Racer, I remember playing RR clearly and the game I mentioned is completely different, more 'real' if I would say

Thanks in advance guys, any help is appreciated.

Chavilela

Jul 2, 2017
I'm also looking for a PC (Windows XP) game I used to play back in 2006-2007. It was a 2D top-view "racing" game, where you had a car with spikes on it's wheels driving on a straight road in the middle of the screen with grass on both right and left sides.
The thing is, you were not racing for a finish line, but for survival. I remember that there were enemies with also spikes on their wheels that would explode you on touch.
Also whatever touched the grass / left the road instantly exploded. Depending on how far you went, the scenery changed, for example, from grass to sand and many more.
The game was pixelated.

PS: When I said 2d top-view I meant something like this as example: http://www.ajaybadgujar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/games.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!!

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Timhou1981 said:
Ok here goes. I am looking for the title of a game and I have little to go on. I just remember my brother playing and it's driving me coo coo. So it's PC in the 90's and all I remember is an evil woman, who had magic or demon maybe the devil, and a piano was in one of the rooms where you battled her. I want to say she was wearing a red dress. Any help?? Probably came out the same time as 7th guest. Thanks.
Are you suuuuper sure that it was on PC? 'Cause that otherwise sounds a lot like Parasite Eve [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExyxNT3erUk] (skip to 34:11 in the video for the red-dressed villain turning into a demon in a room with a piano).

Mubarak Abdullah said:
Hi guys, I've been trying to remember 2 ps1 games but still couldn't figure out their names:
1- A game that looks like diablo, I remember playing as someone with black clothes and white hair or something with a sword, fighting ghouls and skeletons in a graveyard.
I never connected Diablo and Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdeA3WSL55g] in my head before, but now that I look at it they DO have a similar kind of art style... Hope that's what you're looking for. =)

Bullyman said:
I need to find this game badly, I will seriously reward AU$25 through PayPal to the person that gives the right game!!

I have been looking for this game for so long I'm starting think it doesn't even exist and I'm nuts but anyway

I have a lot of memories but none of them concrete. All of these memories are super sketchy so feel free to ignore some and just guess!

PC game, 2000's ish. I would have had windows 98 or 2000 at the time. Pretty sure it was first person and 3D(not that sure).

It was a game about a knight or Mage, hack n slash or spell shooter cant really remember, I remember exploring castles and climbing inside a castle tower to fight a boss at the top.

I have this memory of starting the game in a sort of courtyard and having to talk to a wizard to progress, he might have been behind a door....maybe

I think there was a puzzle in a library or maybe just a library

I dunno how true this is but I seem to think it had an artstyle similar to lego or minecraft, sort of blocky or pixelish

could have been a game directed more at kids

I think that's about everything I can think of besides I can half picture a case for it, DVD sized and dark blue but can't remember details

Any suggestions are appreciated I am desperate.
Is the door to the wizard like a sliding section of wall that looks like it's made of filing cabinets? And does the wizard have a glowing jewel on his staff? 'Cause you might be looking for Battlespire [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL36AF12D0E128CA0B]. =)

tijgertand

Jul 2, 2017
this is what i remember about it you began as a dragon in a crystal and then 2 dudes wanted to blow up yhe crystal in you fight them then. you are on a train you fall next a tree a you unconscious and surrounded by wolfs i think you are found by a woman that kill them en then you are a human then go to a village where is buys clothes

please help me find this

hbplus

Jul 1, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
hbplus said:
hello everyone,

im a former gamer, i might had stopped gaming for 12 years not sure. Last summer in 2016 apprx a year ago i started again.
since then i have been looking for this game that i will try my best to explain so u can help me to find its name.

I played it on PC but this doesnt mean it wasnt on other platforms, i just dont know.
i remember a scene that the game was mostly outdoors like chinese/japanese villages,
the character was a woman,
she had sword and ninja stars and also other guns,
sometimes i had to sneak in slience and kill some bad ninjas,
houses were ancient chinese/japanese style wooden,
it was a 3D game,
i am not sure if it was 3rd person or fps maybe both depending on the action around the character,
closest and most similar game i can think of is splinter cell but imagine it was a woman and samurai/ninja with alot of sword play and action...

i have been always bad at remembering anyone or anythings name, this never bothered me until this game lol.

thanks alot already x
I'd say you're remembering the first level of "No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way" (2002). Love it.
OMG YESSS this game has been in my mind maybe 11-12 months xD
thank you so much.
i searched steam and google. i believe i have to torrent it.
i wish they had it on steam
did you play the game recently or u have great memory lol

Oliwia Sydry

Jul 2, 2017
I remember playing a game where you're a little girl and you swam through the water to climb onto tall mountains to place those gold things (my memory is bad) But once you held one of those gold things, sharks and birds turned evil and tried to stop you from doing so. At the end there's this boss mermaid-medusa which acted the same way (attacked you). I played it around 2004-2008 or something. Please help!
The game was definitely on PC and it was an online pixel game.

Jason game

Jul 2, 2017
Hey! Now this game if anyone can get it I'd really take my hat off to you. This game I'm looking for I used to play around 1996 I'm pretty sure I had this on Ps1

The game as I remember it , was a platform game. Like the arcade style look where you have the spaceships that shoot out different types of weapons as you progress and power up through the level. EXEPT these were not spaceships these were farm animals like pigs and cows ect.. It was a very good game and fast paced. I remember it having classical music to it. You used to progress through the platform levels shootinf things..This is all I have to go by and if anyone can get this I will pay it forward. I've been searching for years on different forums and can never see anyone talking about it. Thank you in advance

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
tijgertand said:
this is what i remember about it you began as a dragon in a crystal and then 2 dudes wanted to blow up yhe crystal in you fight them then. you are on a train you fall next a tree a you unconscious and surrounded by wolfs i think you are found by a woman that kill them en then you are a human then go to a village where is buys clothes

please help me find this
That's Breath Of Fire 3 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylnB3dJOC6Q], friend. =)

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
hbplus said:
Pixelhunter said:
hbplus said:
hello everyone,

im a former gamer, i might had stopped gaming for 12 years not sure. Last summer in 2016 apprx a year ago i started again.
since then i have been looking for this game that i will try my best to explain so u can help me to find its name.

I played it on PC but this doesnt mean it wasnt on other platforms, i just dont know.
i remember a scene that the game was mostly outdoors like chinese/japanese villages,
it was a 3D game,
i am not sure if it was 3rd person or fps maybe both depending on the action around the character,
closest and most similar game i can think of is splinter cell but imagine it was a woman and samurai/ninja with alot of sword play and action...

i have been always bad at remembering anyone or anythings name, this never bothered me until this game lol.

thanks alot already x
I'd say you're remembering the first level of "No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way" (2002). Love it.
thank you so much.
It's one of my all-time-favourites, so I should know. :-D

Yeah, you can't find it on any digital distribution platform. But eBay or your local small ads make it relatively
easy to get hold of a used physical copy.

hbplus

Jul 1, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
hbplus said:
Pixelhunter said:
hbplus said:
hello everyone,

it was a 3D game,

thanks alot already x
thank you so much.

Yeah, you can't find it on any digital distribution platform. But eBay or your local small ads make it relatively
while i was searching google, i had to check many games in the same tags and style.
i cannot see any new game with new graphics like this one.
i start gaming on commador 64 and windows 3.1 in early 90s and yes i played many games and some were legends. however i didnt really look back to any game like i was searching for NOLF2. i would love to buy if they had NOLF3 or 5 whatever.
can u suggest me any game like this one with today's standards?

kilarbourbon

Jul 2, 2017
Hi I'm new to this forum, feeling thrilled seeing all these old game discussions!
And eh..I have two arcade games that I've been looking for

There's an arcade game I played back around 2009(ish?). It was made in Japan. It's a top-down,but also a bit 3d(i think) battle car game, which have 4 cars trying to push each other off the platfrom. I remember some of the cars are construction vehicles such as excavator and dump truck. It has quite advanced graphic and it's 3d. It's default by arcade mode which you can beat stage by stage, each with different enemy and different setup in the background.

An arcade game also made in Japan. It's made out of a collection of mini games that you drive the car around in a "digital world(main color was yellow, with grids in the background)".The main concept of this game is to test how well you can handle the car. You receive scores and final mark at the end of several mini games.

kilarbourbon

Jul 2, 2017
hbplus said:
Pixelhunter said:
hbplus said:
Pixelhunter said:
hbplus said:
hello everyone,

it was a 3D game,

thanks alot already x
thank you so much.

while i was searching google, i had to check many games in the same tags and style.
i cannot see any new game with new graphics like this one.
i start gaming on commador 64 and windows 3.1 in early 90s and yes i played many games and some were legends. however i didnt really look back to any game like i was searching for NOLF2. i would love to buy if they had NOLF3 or 5 whatever.
can u suggest me any game like this one with today's standards?

Hmm...I searched up NOLF1 and 2 playthroughs.
You might like the hitman series due to there's multiple ways to infultrate enemy's building.Although, it's TPS instead of FPS.

If you like fps a bit more, you can try deus ex series. It's more modern themed but still a good stealth FPS game.

And also, you can take a look at the Splinter Cell series.

Cocodahlia

Jul 2, 2017
Alright guys here goes. Been searching for this game for like 6 years but hopefully someone here can help. There was a game that I remember playing once as a young child at an older friends house. I remember in the beginning cut scene there was someone dead on the side of the road and doctors picked him up. Then it goes into a room with a lot of doctors and scientist looking people. Then you see these goggles with one point in each spot where your eyes go come moving towards you. All of a sudden you are in a very fiery red place driving I think and shooting. That was as far as I can remember because I couldn't figure out the game. I do recall that it was for PlayStation 1. If anyone could remember the name that would be awesome because the images from the game have been subconsciously trapped in my mind for as long as I can remember.

kilarbourbon

Jul 2, 2017
Cocodahlia said:
Alright guys here goes. Been searching for this game for like 6 years but hopefully someone here can help. There was a game that I remember playing once as a young child at an older friends house. I remember in the beginning cut scene there was someone dead on the side of the road and doctors picked him up. Then it goes into a room with a lot of doctors and scientist looking people. Then you see these goggles with one point in each spot where your eyes go come moving towards you. All of a sudden you are in a very fiery red place driving I think and shooting. That was as far as I can remember because I couldn't figure out the game. I do recall that it was for PlayStation 1. If anyone could remember the name that would be awesome because the images from the game have been subconsciously trapped in my mind for as long as I can remember.
Hmm any idea what type of game it is?

Bank Cars

Jul 2, 2017
Please ! can someone help me ! i forgot a game that you play with a big bubble i remember the begining of the story it's the bubble it came from The space and you will bounce with it and you will crush colorful people and transform to their color And then you need to color the buildings that's all i remember :( PLEASE HALP!

kilarbourbon

Jul 2, 2017
Bank Cars said:
Please ! can someone help me ! i forgot a game that you play with a big bubble i remember the begining of the story it's the bubble it came from The space and you will bounce with it and you will crush colorful people and transform to their color And then you need to color the buildings that's all i remember :( PLEASE HALP!
What platform O . O

Jul 2, 2017
Hey, I'm trying to remember this game I used to have. It was(I think on a mac) but it could have been on PC. You basically game orders to these cute little alien things and they explored the planet they were on. You could hatch new ones from eggs(I think, maybe not). I think the game was named after whatever the alien things were called. Sorry it's not very specific...