Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

2ndBro

Sep 15, 2016
There's a game I remember specifically playing as a kid that I have never been able to find. It was on disk, and I believe I got if from a fast-food restaurant as the toy (might have been Chik-Fil-A?) Hopefully, by putting it here, people can help.

It was a point-and-click type-game, but randomly had like one platformer bit at the end. It was about 4 kids, they were rescuing animals that had been taken for their school pet show-and-tell. They did some imagination-thing and were suddenly in space, space suits, rescuing space versions of the animals. You would go across planets, that were representations of things in a school (cafeteria, playground, etc.)finding objects that would get you further in a different planet. What I remember very specifically:

-The girl who was the leader had freeze powers to use in the platform level, and could freeze flying pizza-monsters to make platforms.
-The boy supposedly got a new power at the beginning of every game through a spin-wheel, and it ends up being stupid but saving the day in the end. In this, he had "Bubblegum Blast"
-There was an amusement park level (for the playground), and you had to keep trying different slides trough trial-and-error to find the animal.

If anyone can help, please do, I've been trying to find it for years.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Alex Ronin said:
Hey Bros, Cannot remember an old NES game. I'll try to mention everything I remember.

Game was about a space marine or something like that (it happened definitely not on earth). It was a side scroller shooter. Villains were mostly different huge insect-like creatures. In particular I remember the level with quicksands, and you should have jump from platform to platform not to fall down. Between the platforms some jumping insects occurred from time to time, so you should avoid not only falling down but also touch this insects jumping from the sand.
Main protagonist looked pretty much like a blond guy from Contra Hard Corps. He also had a short haircut, blueish armor around the body and some guns (don't remember what exactly). This is all I remember. So to sum up, it's a side scrolling shooter/platformer about a blond marine that fight insect-like creatures. Will be very grateful if someone reminds me it, cause it sits in my head for more than 10 years now. I already checked about 700 titles for nes and not even close. Have no idea what this game was but I played it for sure.

Thanks in advance gaming-bros !
Could be Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyqeCXZCSGw]?

It's easy to overlook, since you expect it to be a Street Fighter or Final Fight game.

Keys

Jul 22, 2017
Hello

Im looking for a game I played on my Ps2. It was on a demo disc and there was this shooter where u started in a kinda canyon as a soldier. The objective was to rescue another soldier who was held hostage and bring him back to the spawn. After securing the hostage you could switch between them. One of them had a sniper.
I hope someone knows the game, because I`ve been searching for it for a long time now. :D

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Tommy Pleau said:
There was this PS2 game i played with a friend so many years ago... It was this game where you had like a choice of about 3 or so characters, each sporting a kind of power ranger like mech you move around in and attack enemies with, and could even freely leave the mech if you wanted to, it even had a multiplayer part where you could fight each other...

The only one thing i can somewhat clearly remember about the game was a stage where your mech is out of commission for this one boss fight you have to do. and your character does some fighting himself to defeat the boss... What is the name of this game so i can try to find it again?
That's probably Robot Alchemic Drive.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello,

Ok, here is one more game that I can't remember the name of.

I played a demo version of this game on PC. But this game can be pretty easy for PS1 too. It's a FPS game. It's very very similar to game named Disruptor (PS1). Ok,I watched walktrough of Disruptor on Youtube, but there are no any detail that I remember of game that I am looking for. Here are the details that I remember:
I played only one level and enviroment is almost the same as Disruptor level 1, but the enemies are totally different. Actually, the enviroment is pretty greenish on the start, then comes a some kind of dark purple walls I guess.
Ok, this is important: the enemies that I remember
1. Some kind of green( maybe because enviroment) alien humanoid with horns or tentacles on head I think.
2. Some kind of purple/red alien humanoid with horns or tentacles on head(a little bit harder to defeat)
3. This enemy is very similar to Worf from Star Trek
4. Some humanoid a little bit invisible that attacks with electricity.

And one last detail is the last place of level where I was(maybe because I played a demo version). In that place, in the center of room, there was astronaut suit and I didn't know what to do with that suit.
That's All Folks.

Thanks. Bye.
I haven't played any of them, but was it one of these?

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PO'ed

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
RelativityMan said:
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello,

Ok, here is one more game that I can't remember the name of.

I played a demo version of this game on PC. But this game can be pretty easy for PS1 too. It's a FPS game. It's very very similar to game named Disruptor (PS1). Ok,I watched walktrough of Disruptor on Youtube, but there are no any detail that I remember of game that I am looking for. Here are the details that I remember:
I played only one level and enviroment is almost the same as Disruptor level 1, but the enemies are totally different. Actually, the enviroment is pretty greenish on the start, then comes a some kind of dark purple walls I guess.
Ok, this is important: the enemies that I remember
1. Some kind of green( maybe because enviroment) alien humanoid with horns or tentacles on head I think.
2. Some kind of purple/red alien humanoid with horns or tentacles on head(a little bit harder to defeat)
3. This enemy is very similar to Worf from Star Trek
4. Some humanoid a little bit invisible that attacks with electricity.

And one last detail is the last place of level where I was(maybe because I played a demo version). In that place, in the center of room, there was astronaut suit and I didn't know what to do with that suit.
That's All Folks.

Thanks. Bye.
I haven't played any of them, but was it one of these?

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PO'ed
Thanks for reply, but no one of them :(

AlexRori1

Jul 23, 2017
There was this one game I used to play back in the day on my PC. I think it came out in the 2000's or so. It was a 2D platformer style game. You had to play as a blue butterfly / blue flying ant (One of the 2, I can't remember which) and the levels were underground, and were filled with pipes (kinda like in Mario), and one of the enemies were cactuses. You could push boxes and stuff in that game, and it had the graphics similar to those of Tumblebugs. Any help is appreciated.

mjs79

Jun 13, 2017
mjs79 said:
Hi
I've been searching for a game for years I can't remember much but I think it was for sega mega drive or master system in the early 90s .I think it was a rpg kind of game where one of the towns you go to was either cursed or poisoned and I think all the people in the town were ghosts and I remember that if you enter the town you would start losing hp and die

I may of dreamed this bit but I think you had to be evil or dead to visit some towns that you couldn't visit otherwise without dying
I think you also had a boat you used to get to certain parts of the world
Thanks for any help
I take it no one knows the game It may not of been on a Sega console
I'm now starting to think it doesn't exist and I imagined it
Thanks

Tommy Pleau

Jul 22, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Tommy Pleau said:
There was this PS2 game i played with a friend so many years ago... It was this game where you had like a choice of about 3 or so characters, each sporting a kind of power ranger like mech you move around in and attack enemies with, and could even freely leave the mech if you wanted to, it even had a multiplayer part where you could fight each other...

The only one thing i can somewhat clearly remember about the game was a stage where your mech is out of commission for this one boss fight you have to do. and your character does some fighting himself to defeat the boss... What is the name of this game so i can try to find it again?
That doesnt look to be it. it was a game where you rode your mech via power rangers style, not by remote control. and i think had a slightly more cartoony kind of look to it.

AlexInWonderland

Apr 21, 2016
There's a flash game i really love but when that game website redesign. they removed this game, and i didn't get to know it's real title because the website named all the game in corny Thai name. In the game you play as a green little dragon having an adventure to kill 7 monsters. First monster is a bigger version of yourself, at first stage you breathe fire to burn off it's barrier and then when the barrier wear off. you burn it's wing until it die. After you killed it you take sometime to fly to a new boss. The second boss is a worm or centipede like creature and have eye in every section of it's body. While it's run away from you there's a bomb fruit place around the way and you can pick it up and wait until your dragon fly close to that monster to drop the bomb and destroy it's body. after every section destroyed. you will take more time to fly to the third boss. this third boss is like a t-rex running away from you while have a mini version if itself chasing it. this level there will be a green circle, if you fly to it, it will speed you up to catch up the t-rex. The way to kill this bosss is to pick the mini version of itself and try to fly to get near behind the t-rex while avoid rock that will pop up. and then drop the mini t-rex on the t-rex back and it will bite him. doing this 3 times and the t-rex will die. After boss die then you take more time to fly to the fourth boss. This time the stage is the sea and this boss look like a giant blue centipede swimming away from you under the water. this one swim very fast so there's a lot green ring to hit under the water. a way to kill this boss is to pick the bomb fruit that's hanging under flying bubble above surface and dive down to hit the green ring to catch up the boss. after you're close enough, drop the bomb and the boss will fly up the surface, you use that time to burn it until it dive back into the sea. repeat this until it die. then the fifth boss is a giant spider crawling the side of a cliff. killing this one is easy. you just pick up a bomb and drop it and there will be a boulder falling to damage the boss. repeatedly drop the bomb until it die. then the sixth boss. is like a flying version of fourth boss with caterpillar body. it fly extreme fast. the way to kill it is just hit the green ring to catch up and burn it, when you did certain amount of damage to it, it will speed away from you, so you have to catch up to burn it again. then the 7th boss is a giant red dragon with a big teeth. this one you just avoid all crazy stuff it shoot at you while hit a green ring to catch up and burn it's wing. after it die. you will just fly endlessly.

AlexInWonderland

Apr 21, 2016
There's a flash game i really love but when that game website redesign. they removed this game, and i didn't get to know it's real title because the website named all the game in corny Thai name. In the game you play as a green little dragon having an adventure to kill 7 monsters. First monster is a bigger version of yourself, at first stage you breathe fire to burn off it's barrier and then when the barrier wear off. you burn it's wing until it die. After you killed it you take sometime to fly to a new boss. The second boss is a worm or centipede like creature and have eye in every section of it's body. While it's run away from you there's a bomb fruit place around the way and you can pick it up and wait until your dragon fly close to that monster to drop the bomb and destroy it's body. after every section destroyed. you will take more time to fly to the third boss. this third boss is like a t-rex running away from you while have a mini version if itself chasing it. this level there will be a green circle, if you fly to it, it will speed you up to catch up the t-rex. The way to kill this bosss is to pick the mini version of itself and try to fly to get near behind the t-rex while avoid rock that will pop up. and then drop the mini t-rex on the t-rex back and it will bite him. doing this 3 times and the t-rex will die. After boss die then you take more time to fly to the fourth boss. This time the stage is the sea and this boss look like a giant blue centipede swimming away from you under the water. this one swim very fast so there's a lot green ring to hit under the water. a way to kill this boss is to pick the bomb fruit that's hanging under flying bubble above surface and dive down to hit the green ring to catch up the boss. after you're close enough, drop the bomb and the boss will fly up the surface, you use that time to burn it until it dive back into the sea. repeat this until it die. then the fifth boss is a giant spider crawling the side of a cliff. killing this one is easy. you just pick up a bomb and drop it and there will be a boulder falling to damage the boss. repeatedly drop the bomb until it die. then the sixth boss. is like a flying version of fourth boss with caterpillar body. it fly extreme fast. the way to kill it is just hit the green ring to catch up and burn it, when you did certain amount of damage to it, it will speed away from you, so you have to catch up to burn it again. then the 7th boss is a giant red dragon with a big teeth. this one you just avoid all crazy stuff it shoot at you while hit a green ring to catch up and burn it's wing. after it die. you will just fly endlessly.

Yasha

Jul 23, 2017
Hi.. want to know abt the name of 2 games.... These are mostly dos games or so...
1. In this game our character is like on a quest or so like we do what the other NPC ask us to do like bring me this n I will give you that or so... N we get a gun or a knife from a hut and we have to do something in return for the guy in the hut. So we are like on quest or like barter.. we then have to cross a river full of alligator n kill them to cross... I also remember in one time we also got a whip to kill some animals...
2. This is a weird game.. in this game water is flowing from one of the 2 top corner of the screen n we have to remove the water before it's too late. So we have some scene in the screen or so which we can destroy to make a passage for the water to the drainage or so... I don't remember if pipes were used... We have a character in game... Like a guy or so who does that. He sometimes even rides a bicycle doing it... The best way to describe this game would be like where's my water? The Android game in which we make a passage for the water to the Croc to take a bath.

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Yasha said:
Hi.. want to know abt the name of 2 games.... These are mostly dos games or so...
1. In this game our character is like on a quest or so like we do what the other NPC ask us to do like bring me this n I will give you that or so... N we get a gun or a knife from a hut and we have to do something in return for the guy in the hut. So we are like on quest or like barter.. we then have to cross a river full of alligator n kill them to cross... I also remember in one time we also got a whip to kill some animals...
2. This is a weird game.. in this game water is flowing from one of the 2 top corner of the screen n we have to remove the water before it's too late. So we have some scene in the screen or so which we can destroy to make a passage for the water to the drainage or so... I don't remember if pipes were used... We have a character in game... Like a guy or so who does that. He sometimes even rides a bicycle doing it... The best way to describe this game would be like where's my water? The Android game in which we make a passage for the water to the Croc to take a bath.
Hi,

For the second game: "H2O" (Webfoot Technologies,1996).

https://youtu.be/s8hcpBGQchA?t=388

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Tommy Pleau said:
RelativityMan said:
Tommy Pleau said:

That doesnt look to be it. it was a game where you rode your mech via power rangers style, not by remote control. and i think had a slightly more cartoony kind of look to it.
Cartoony... maybe Robotech: Battlecry? I don't see any screenshots of people outside the mechs, though. Otherwise you could check the games based on Gundam or maybe the Armored Core games. Good hunting.

Hortoman

Jul 24, 2017
Hi, i dont know if this qualifies as an old game but i used to play a web game when i was a chap that was kind of endless and you were a spaceship going forward in space and there was like a central "tube" with white neutral balls inside and an outside with green balls that gave you points when collected, but when you leave the premises of the inner tube red balls spawn several meters in front of the spaceship, its quite bizarre but it left me amazed and would like to know the name

Roni Garrett

Jul 24, 2017
2 games both online

1 is a scrolling shooter platformer. you have to dodge obstacles and stuff. I believe there were codes for the levels. I thought it was called something like super boy or something...

2nd game was a game where you have a spaceship that you would need to enter the atmosphere of different "planets" i.e. levels in order to rescue prisoners. To do this you would have to destroy different turrets before you could try to land. then you could fly up and "leave the atmosphere" i.e. finish the level.

Roni Garrett

Jul 24, 2017
2 games both online

1 is a scrolling shooter platformer. you have to dodge obstacles and stuff. I believe there were codes for the levels. I thought it was called something like super boy or something...

2nd game was a game where you have a spaceship that you would need to enter the atmosphere of different "planets" i.e. levels in order to rescue prisoners. To do this you would have to destroy different turrets before you could try to land. then you could fly up and "leave the atmosphere" i.e. finish the level.

Wesley Krueger

Jul 24, 2017
I remember a game that I played back around 2000ish timeframe

It was on PC, and it was VS team multiplayer

You controlled a vehicle that looked like a star wars speeder
The view was bird's eye, but there was a fog of war for a lot of the map
Essentially it was soccer in a maze, where you had to shoot a ball from your speeder into a goal
There were weapons that you could shoot opponents with
Graphics wise, it looked pretty pixelated (not surprising considering you could play with dial-up)

Anione

Jul 24, 2017
Hi guys,

Firstly, wauw this is a great thread, hopefully you guys can help me.
Second, you have serious spam issues, 20 pages of some indian (the country, not native americans) i don't know what to call it.... all within the last few hours

Anyway

I'm looking for an i think rather obscure graphic video game from the late 90's early 2000's, obscure because i can't find it in any of the lists like old-games.com
if i remember correctly, it's set around a carnival or circus background. in my mind the graphics where really good for that time, not as pixelated as some games, it was before 3d gaming, but did feel like 3d.
And it had an awesome 40's jazz soundtrack, or at least 1 song, which ran through the game.
First person, probably point and click but could also be keyboard, mature game (and i dont mean x-rated or anything like that, just intended for a more mature audience)

As in most of these games you're looking for something or someone (maybe a family member of loved one) in a house like setting with a big garden, where (i don't quite know when, could be half way through or at the end} you enter some sort of carnival trailer.

can't remember if i actually enjoyed the game, but i'm interested in that 1 song that plays when you enter the trailer. it's a jazz song, female singer with a voice that sounds a bit like billie holiday but near the end of her career, a bit husky and dark.

I know that it's not 9 last resort, 7th guest or 11th hour, but has sort of the same theme. not a horror game or anything like that, quite tranquil if i remember correctly, not in any way comical, but more serious. oh and it wasn't any of the sierra games

maybe i don't remember things correctly cause i've played a lot of games in the meantime.

I hope someone know's what i'm talking about, cause it's been driving me crazy!