Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

T-14 Armata

Jul 20, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find the name of a game that I recall playing a couple years back.

It was a mech type of game for PS2. From what I remember, there was a cut scene where there was a teenage kid crying and running away (I think that was you, the main character) from something, background details shown were some burning cars on a highway (or tunnel, I honestly forgot). Additionally, there was another cut scene (possibly the same) where presumably your friends were crushed by an enemy mech that spotted them. Later on, I think you find (or befriend) a mech and become its pilot.

From what I also remember, you had to pilot a mech that was able to fly around and fought in arena style battlefields, with a magical barrier now allowing you to go nowhere else.

I am also fairly certain there was another cut scene where you're in a factory of some sort either to hide from enemy mechs or to investigate something.

I don't remember if this took place in outer space or on earth.

Jbrans91

Jul 19, 2017
KaiYLowell said:
Jbrans91 said:
There was an old game, windows 98 or earlier that was point and click. You went into like a boarded up old house or something and I remember something with a chandelier and like a secret passage under a staircase. I wanna say that after a certain length of time some monsters would run out and grab you or something like that. Any thoughts?
Since you mention a chandelier, this sounds almost like it could be The Colonel's Bequest ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/colonels-bequest ).
Nope not that one, this one had a male lead character and o think there was something with like a Halloween mask you either picked up or started with. Had a very Halloween vibe. It kinda had graphics like paperboy, but not as 8bit looking. But those bright colors. Other things I remember are like a candle stick and holder and I think like skulls or something. It could easily be from any point in the 90's (easily could have been a much earlier version, but windows 98 would be the latest it could have possibly been) and might have been part of a sampler pick or something for windows. I remember I had a downhill ski slalom game where after a while a yeti would eat you that might have come with it.

derekdh

Jul 20, 2017
Worst looking game ever probably. I played it back in the late 90s.
It is a 2D space game. It contained a lot of stars and planets. You were able to land on the planets, but you had to be careful about it and land all straight and everything. The game seemed to have an okay gravity algorithm. I think the goal was to inhabit and populate as many planets, besides killing your opponents with that same goal.
Anybody?

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
Jbrans91 said:
KaiYLowell said:
Jbrans91 said:
There was an old game, windows 98 or earlier that was point and click. You went into like a boarded up old house or something and I remember something with a chandelier and like a secret passage under a staircase. I wanna say that after a certain length of time some monsters would run out and grab you or something like that. Any thoughts?
Since you mention a chandelier, this sounds almost like it could be The Colonel's Bequest ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/colonels-bequest ).
Nope not that one, this one had a male lead character and o think there was something with like a Halloween mask you either picked up or started with. Had a very Halloween vibe. It kinda had graphics like paperboy, but not as 8bit looking. But those bright colors. Other things I remember are like a candle stick and holder and I think like skulls or something. It could easily be from any point in the 90's (easily could have been a much earlier version, but windows 98 would be the latest it could have possibly been) and might have been part of a sampler pick or something for windows. I remember I had a downhill ski slalom game where after a while a yeti would eat you that might have come with it.
Hm. No idea then, sorry mate.

The ski game, though, that's SkiFree!

charaze

Jul 20, 2017
I'm trying to remember the app game I used to play a few years ago.

Cant remember if they're cavemen or whatnot but they throw a weapon like a boomerang or was it a club to hit enemies. You and the enemy take turns.

However I can remember that gold and stones and gems would drop and it's a platform game. Also, every level is different from the other like the platforms and the background.

Thanks!

Zuub

Jul 20, 2017
So I'm looking for an old Macintosh game I played in daycare probably 1998-99. All I remember was that you played as a bird, or a guy riding a bird, and you had to fly around hitting other birds from above or behind to kill them. I think it may have had and Egyptian theme. 2D

Zuub

Jul 20, 2017
So I'm looking for an old Macintosh game I played in daycare probably 1998-99. All I remember was that you played as a bird, or a guy riding a bird, and you had to fly around hitting other birds from above or behind to kill them. I think it may have had and Egyptian theme. 2D

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Zuub said:
Classic Joust [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgCNbrSwVJA].

lefauxfrog

Jul 20, 2017
Zuub said:
You're probably thinking of Glypha, a popular shareware Joust clone from that era.

http://boredzo.org/glypha/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvvA1ZJMl1E

lefauxfrog

Jul 20, 2017
I'm looking for a game from perhaps 5-10 years ago. Online, or maybe download to run. I think it was written in Java, of all things, as a project of some kind.

Split-screen, side scrolling, nice graphics, you're at the bottom trying to figure out what to do. You can move your avatar left and right and possibly interact with objects. There's a surprise I don't want to reveal (because it's the whole point of the game), but eventually something starts happening in the upper panel. Figuring out what was going on and what you had to do was a magical moment, and naturally the game wasn't very replayable.

That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells?

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
lefauxfrog said:
I'm looking for a game from perhaps 5-10 years ago. Online, or maybe download to run. I think it was written in Java, of all things, as a project of some kind.

Split-screen, side scrolling, nice graphics, you're at the bottom trying to figure out what to do. You can move your avatar left and right and possibly interact with objects. There's a surprise I don't want to reveal (because it's the whole point of the game), but eventually something starts happening in the upper panel. Figuring out what was going on and what you had to do was a magical moment, and naturally the game wasn't very replayable.

That's about all I remember. Does this ring any bells?
Hmm, is it perhaps Way? It seems to fit the bill, though I don't know about the java bit.

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
Zegent said:
Hi guys,
Just found out about this forum, and im looking for help, as the title says. Alright, here I go,
I Know the Forum tittle says "Old games", and this one isnt.. but im glad you guys could help.
Its a PC game, 3D with decent Graphics.
Shooter, third person, I played it around 2008-2009, With armors, like the Master Chief style.
The main guy's armor was blue, on the tutorial, you jump out of a plane, without parachutes (this was dope)
you fall down, and see another guy with a Black armor, he tells you to pick up a gun and shoot stuff, like most of
tutorials, and so on...
The main thing is jumping out of planes, with power armors, modern, you're in a war, but thats It, sadly, cant remeber
what else, hope you could help, I know its not Crysis or games like that,
Thanks in advance.
While i haven't played this, the closest match I could think of was Section 8 (2009), i believe the characters did have blue/black armor, and the intro video seems to imply he wasn't holding a gun at the time of landing, though it might be too futuristic, as they drop from orbit rather than planes.

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
Hello to everyone.

OK, I have a few games here now that I can't remember the name of.

The first one I played on PC. The year can be 2000-2005. Here are the details:
I think that I played demo version, but nevermind. The type of a game is like bomberman, the maze-based game.
You play with boy, some kind of wizard and you can go into next level when you kill all the enemies, I guess. I remember 2 levels.
First level:
You are in some kind of castle, gray stoned enviroment(background) and the enemies are carnivorous plants.
Second level:
The enviroment is like yellow sand and the enemies are green gremlins I guess, and I believe that they jump from wells...

Here is the second one. It's a PS1 driving game. I rememeber that you drive some blue car through villages and city and highway.On the road , of course, there are other traffic, green trucks I rememeber. I rememeber only that one track with one lap when you finish the race on the start point. That is all about this game.

Here is one from my previous post again:
PC game with dinosaurs from early 2000 to 2005.
Basically, it was a sideview platform game in which you had to help the dinosaurs to reach their mom into the cave .
To do so, you had to use some of the dinosaurs..
Some of them stretched their neck for others to climb or other stopped to make the other change the direction, some of them dig in left/right direction, some of them dig down. Also, there are three different worlds. First is ice age, second is some kind of oasis, rocks and sand i guess. And the final is lava age.

Thanks. Cheers!

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello to everyone.

Basically, it was a sideview platform game in which you had to help the dinosaurs to reach their mom into the cave .
Some of them stretched their neck for others to climb or other stopped to make the other change the direction, some of them dig in left/right direction, some of them dig down. Also, there are three different worlds. First is ice age, second is some kind of oasis, rocks and sand i guess. And the final is lava age.

Thanks. Cheers!
Perhaps Dinosaur'Us? [http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dinosaurus] (2001). Described as lemmings with dinosaurs, guiding them from nest to parent.

dukeimg

Jul 20, 2017
A PSOne adventure/puzzle game where you play as a cartoon character. You wake up in a some sort of prison in the beginning. I got to play that game for about 30 minutes 10 years ago, so I can't really remember much of details.

UPD: Just found it. It's Pajama Sam 3

1ekeer

Jul 20, 2017
i'm looking for a childrens game from around 1990-2000. you are a hedgehog and you need to collect fruit in the correct order. if you get it wrong it makes a high piched 'oh ooh'sound. andit;s a 2d game and the background is green. i think it was a garden? of a maze?

Drew_Amodd

Jul 20, 2017
Im looking for this game its around late ps1 or early ps2 time but it's a fighting game and when you beat the story or arcade mode it shows your character standing on top of a pyramid and the credits rolled and after the credits it says game over (even though you've won) one of the characters wore an all black outfit with dual pistols and his like special or super move where he would step And raid and lower each gun and take turns shooting them and every step he took these red beams show where he would shoot and you take a great amount of damage

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
Nidor said:
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello to everyone.

Thanks. Cheers!
Perhaps Dinosaur'Us? [http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dinosaurus] (2001). Described as lemmings with dinosaurs, guiding them from nest to parent.
Yes, this is the game that I am looking for. Thanks a lot man! Cheers!

Mihai Barbu

Jul 21, 2017
Hello guys! Can you help me find a game? There was a first person shooter I think, where you killed aliens or something, it was pretty creepy and in some place like a factory or maybe something futuristic for that time. The first level began with you being in an elevator that looked like a cage and that went down, then sideways, then again to the right, I think, and then the door would open, and you would start the level. Everything was really dark and with a tint of orange/red.

I played the game around 2003/2004, or maybe even earlier.

Thank you very much in advance!