Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Tommy Pleau

Jul 22, 2017
Nidor said:
Tommy Pleau said:
There was this PS2 game i played with a friend so many years ago... It was this game where you had like a choice of about 3 or so characters, each sporting a kind of power ranger like mech you move around in and attack enemies with, and could even freely leave the mech if you wanted to, it even had a multiplayer part where you could fight each other...

The only one thing i can somewhat clearly remember about the game was a stage where your mech is out of commission for this one boss fight you have to do. and your character does some fighting himself to defeat the boss... What is the name of this game so i can try to find it again?

Lets see.... It as an action game in a third person perspective, and Size wise they were slightly as big as an elephant, mabey just a tad smaller.
Thanks, that should narrow it down quite a bit for anyone's future guesses.

Eureka 7: New Wave or New Vision might be the closest match I've found so far. Can't find too many details about the gameplay yet, but the screenshots show third person, mechs about that size, on foot gameplay, though i am unsure if it is scripted events or a gameplay mechanic, and it is on PS2. I don't know if there is character select, though it does seem to have multiple characters on your team, each with their own mech. Not sure about the multiplayer part though.

That almost looks like the game, still a really good find tho.
But the game wasnt just a robot vs robot kind of game. you usually had to traverse a level and beat up some enemies that appeared till you reached a boss room, and from the looks of the gameplays i saw. that game doesnt let you freely exit out of your mech and back in it whenever. and the graphics were just a tad colourfull.

Pcmaker

Jul 26, 2017
adam23 said:
I'm looking for a game maybe from the early 90's to late 90's, i think up to 4 players could play. it was turn style, you had to build huts to get people to move to you tribe and put them to work. You had to research weapons,medicine or your people would die. I remember only playing it once my brother researched weapons and went into balloons (all players on different island) and would drop bombs on people but he got some sickness and lost a lot people and i research heavy into medicine and could cure my people and developed arrows lol and won. it was a really fun game and great graphics for the time, was called ultimate or something like that.

it was a PC game

I think this is Populous 3

Jidget

Mar 17, 2010
Keys said:
Hello

Im looking for a game I played on my Ps2. It was on a demo disc and there was this shooter where u started in a kinda canyon as a soldier. The objective was to rescue another soldier who was held hostage and bring him back to the spawn. After securing the hostage you could switch between them. One of them had a sniper.
I hope someone knows the game, because I`ve been searching for it for a long time now. :D
Conflict Desert Storm?

Jul 26, 2017
I used to play a breakout type game on my computer back in 1996 - 2000 that was on a Windows computer. It was one player and only computer. It had some cool things that would happen when you hit certain blocks including bonuses that would fall and also things tha t would fall and end your turn. I downloaded it on subsequent computers but could not find it again in the early 2000's. Any idea? I think the name was something like Mahjong but it was a breakout/pong game.

Silvia Maine

Jul 26, 2017
Stephiiwonder said:
i remember playing a game on the computer with like a mole and you had to jump on platforms that moved up and down avoiding the ones that had monsters in them,
i cant remember the name of it and i tried looking for it online but i cant find it, i think but im not sure the mole was like purple or weirdly colored i just remember you lost if you jumped on the platform with a monster or if you reached the bottom
It's called Mole's Quest!! I've been looking for it for a long time and it's apparently available for iPhones and iPads, but here's a youtube video of it - to confirm it's the right game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqUDLuLB9pQ
Good luck!

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Jennifer Frame Scott said:
I used to play a breakout type game on my computer back in 1996 - 2000 that was on a Windows computer. It was one player and only computer. It had some cool things that would happen when you hit certain blocks including bonuses that would fall and also things tha t would fall and end your turn. I downloaded it on subsequent computers but could not find it again in the early 2000's. Any idea? I think the name was something like Mahjong but it was a breakout/pong game.
I doubt it's what you're looking for, but the only Breakout type game I know with a name like "Mahjong" is Jongbou [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baNClXewCZg].

Jul 26, 2017
Midwoka said:
Jennifer Frame Scott said:
I doubt it's what you're looking for, but the only Breakout type game I know with a name like "Mahjong" is Jongbou [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baNClXewCZg].
No, that's not it, but thanks!

It's a newer game. I'll keep looking!!

erionawesome

Jul 26, 2017
erionawesome said:
erionawesome said:
Hey guys. I remembee this game I THINK was on PS2. My mums ex always brung games like Wrath Of Cortex but one I couldnt remember was this 2D game where you played as a duck or something yellow? it was 2D and felt really retro, but im sure it was a yellow duck or something, the sky was blue i think if that helps. Sorry for not being too descriptive
Edit: You had to get from one point to the next i think idk
Please ???
Please im begging guys

Khrad

Jul 26, 2017
Guys, every now and then this game pops into my mind, and I spend hours trying to grab the slight remembrance of it's name, only to end up giving up. I've searched through giant lists of RPG games from wikipedia, through old game nostalgic sites, to new gaming sites and nada. Since google hasn't helped me a single bit, I surrender to the infinite knowledge of this community. I'll try to describe the best I can about this game:
- Old single player RPG, I believe runnning from a .exe on windows OS, and windowed (not fullscreen).
- It had something like the mechanic of pokemon, monster battle probability when you walk, and dozens of different monsters.
- The farther you were from the starter point, the more difficult and high level monsters were.
- when battle started, if you were on a beach the background was picture of a real world beach, if you were on a forest the back was a real world forest, static image. The monster was a moving image, but not animated.
- It had a magic system, like dark, holy, water or blue (don't really recall), when you i.e. used dark type magic, holy magic skill decreased, and every other opposing sphere of magic, pretty straightforward.
- It was freaking hard, and freaking awesome.

congratuwelldone

Jul 26, 2017
pappana said:
pappana said:
i have searched high and low for this game, i have been through every damn page of the internet only to be dissapointed with the results.

and as a final act of despereation because i cant do this alone ive turned to this lovely thread,

the game i seek was an old pc game for windows 95, 97 or 98, well it was a pc game atleast, i remember playing it on a pc,

it was a sing-along game with nursery rhymes, and it had pictures of monsters at every song for example "oh my darling clementine" had pictures of a little yellow monster girl in minors(an actual miners outfit not a minor as in a person under the age of 18)

for each different song it was other monsters with relevant objects, it must have been atleast 18 years since i played it so my memory is very fuzzy as when i gre older i forgot about it, but i really really want to find it.

the cd itself i think was purple but im not sure and the menu screen was purple with little pictures you used to click on a song.

i jave to find this game please if you have any idea of the game please tell me.

and no the game is not "my singing monsters" i have absolutley no clue at all what the name of the game is but i still remember the songs and pictures very well.
anyone knows this game? :)
I think I am also looking for the same game! I cannot remember the name but I think the monsters were cartoon dinosaurs... I remember it had 'the ants go marching', 'yankie doodle', 'she'll be coming round the mountain', 'clementine', and 'I've been working on the rail road'. I also remember it had a really long song that was like a memory song and it started 'there was a tree, in the middle of the wood..' and in the last verse of 'old macdonald' had a picture of a big smelly cheese.

I would love to find this game but can't anywhere! I had it in yellow CD folder with 'Lenny's Music Tunes' and 'Our House' - possibly Yobi's spelling jungle too...

Khrad

Jul 26, 2017
erionawesome said:
erionawesome said:
erionawesome said:
Hey guys. I remembee this game I THINK was on PS2. My mums ex always brung games like Wrath Of Cortex but one I couldnt remember was this 2D game where you played as a duck or something yellow? it was 2D and felt really retro, but im sure it was a yellow duck or something, the sky was blue i think if that helps. Sorry for not being too descriptive
Please ???
Please im begging guys
Maybe it was an emulator CD, so I'll try some yellow duck games, search on google images and see if it feels familiar.
- Duck Hunt
- Charlie the Duck
- Gravity Duck
- Duck Game

besides that, there is a ton of looney tunes/disney games with ducks as main character. Try looking for super nes games like daffy duck, darkwing duck, going quackers or quackshot(personal favorite).

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
erionawesome said:
I don't know about ducks on the PS2, but Alien Hominid [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCu_n423eDs] was 2D with a yellow character. There was also a port Dynamite Headdy [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOcscFjlqdo] that came with Gunstar Heroes and other games by Treasure.

Khrad

Jul 26, 2017
Tommy Pleau said:
RelativityMan said:
Tommy Pleau said:
RelativityMan said:
Tommy Pleau said:
There was this PS2 game i played with a friend so many years ago... It was this game where you had like a choice of about 3 or so characters, each sporting a kind of power ranger like mech you move around in and attack enemies with, and could even freely leave the mech if you wanted to, it even had a multiplayer part where you could fight each other...

The only one thing i can somewhat clearly remember about the game was a stage where your mech is out of commission for this one boss fight you have to do. and your character does some fighting himself to defeat the boss... What is the name of this game so i can try to find it again?
That's probably Robot Alchemic Drive.
That doesnt look to be it. it was a game where you rode your mech via power rangers style, not by remote control. and i think had a slightly more cartoony kind of look to it.
Cartoony... maybe Robotech: Battlecry? I don't see any screenshots of people outside the mechs, though. Otherwise you could check the games based on Gundam or maybe the Armored Core games. Good hunting.
That doesnt seem to be it ether... I just guess its just a game not that many people played at all... If only i was able to remember more details on what the game contained... but all i remember is if your robot is destroyed, you get kicked out of it. then your human needs to be defeated for it to count as a loss...
If it's not PS2, if you played snes emulator, can certainly be "Metal Warriors". You can get out of the bot you are and enter other bots, it's cartoony and has everything you mentioned.

JessGirl

Jul 24, 2017
So I've remembered a few more details about the game. There was a puzzle where you had to line up tiles and one of them had a yellow duck on it. There were at least 4 different coloured tiles and each one had an object that was associated with that color like a yellow duck. You had to complete the puzzle to advance in the game. I seem to remember traveling to different parts of the globe and each different country looked like someone had taken a picture of some scenery and added a filter to it to make it all one color, ex. Yellow. I know it was for OC and from the 90s but I think it was very obscure ;-_-

michealjones

Jul 21, 2017
I remembered a game where a guy used to beat the villains using KUNG FU attack. It was a black and white game and that's what I remembered.

akongbj

Jul 21, 2017
Khrad said:
Guys, every now and then this game pops into my mind, and I spend hours trying to grab the slight remembrance of it's name, only to end up giving up. I've searched through giant lists of RPG games from wikipedia, through old game nostalgic sites, to new gaming sites and nada. Since google hasn't helped me a single bit, I surrender to the infinite knowledge of this community. I'll try to describe the best I can about this game:
- Old single player RPG, I believe runnning from a .exe on windows OS, and windowed (not fullscreen).
- It had something like the mechanic of pokemon, monster battle probability when you walk, and dozens of different monsters.
- The farther you were from the starter point, the more difficult and high level monsters were.
- when battle started, if you were on a beach the background was picture of a real world beach, if you were on a forest the back was a real world forest, static image. The monster was a moving image, but not animated.
- It had a magic system, like dark, holy, water or blue (don't really recall), when you i.e. used dark type magic, holy magic skill decreased, and every other opposing sphere of magic, pretty straightforward.
is it Albion ? try google Albion,

or something like Quest for glory / King's Quest ?

is it isometric or top down or simple 3D movement ?

Nidor

Mar 1, 2017
Khrad said:
Well, if you were talking really old, there was a rather odd game called Well of Souls. It was basically a bare bones Single/Multiplayer RPG platform, where players and server creators import their own graphics for everything. In the base game, and many of the servers, they used real world photos of forests and beaches (although typically poor quality ones).

It ran off an exe, was windowed, had the random encounter mechanic described (in fact if you leveled up scouting ability you could see the spawning zones). Monsters and players were a floating image that had about 4 different sprites that it swapped to(default, attack, hurt, talking). They even allowed you to import your own character image.
The magic system is pretty much exactly as you described.
Difficulty varies on class of character and if you are abusing magic weaknesses, As well as the world/server you play on.

Khrad

Jul 26, 2017
Nidor said:
Khrad said:
Well, if you were talking really old, there was a rather odd game called Well of Souls. It was basically a bare bones Single/Multiplayer RPG platform, where players and server creators import their own graphics for everything. In the base game, and many of the servers, they used real world photos of forests and beaches (although typically poor quality ones).

It ran off an exe, was windowed, had the random encounter mechanic described (in fact if you leveled up scouting ability you could see the spawning zones). Monsters and players were a floating image that had about 4 different sprites that it swapped to(default, attack, hurt, talking). They even allowed you to import your own character image.
The magic system is pretty much exactly as you described.
Difficulty varies on class of character and if you are abusing magic weaknesses, As well as the world/server you play on.

Man... I'm almost crying. It is a part of my childhood i can enjoy again. Thank you, Nidor.

Neithan Yodel

Jul 24, 2017
Hello everyone.
I need help with an old game.
I post again with more information than I remember.

1- The game came in a single cd.
2- It was a post-apocalyptic world.
3- The graphics were in 3D and of poor quality so I think it was PS1, but I?m not sure.
4- The main platform was a tower buried in the desert, where they were acceded to the missions.
5- At the top is a room with a giant blue screen, while the Beethoven Moonlight Sonata sounds.
6 - In the tower they could sell and buy the abilities (similar to magic), that appeared later in the fights.
7- The missions were fights where you used the skills that you had to obtain from some spheres.
8- The missions were sometimes inside derelict buildings and sometimes in destroyed avenues.
9- I think the protagonist wore a red jacket.

This is all I remember from this game, which I've been looking for so long.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Neithan Yodel said:
Hello everyone.
I need help with an old game.
I post again with more information than I remember.

1- The game came in a single cd.
2- It was a post-apocalyptic world.
3- The graphics were in 3D and of poor quality so I think it was PS1, but I?m not sure.
4- The main platform was a tower buried in the desert, where they were acceded to the missions.
5- At the top is a room with a giant blue screen, while the Beethoven Moonlight Sonata sounds.
6 - In the tower they could sell and buy the abilities (similar to magic), that appeared later in the fights.
7- The missions were fights where you used the skills that you had to obtain from some spheres.
8- The missions were sometimes inside derelict buildings and sometimes in destroyed avenues.
9- I think the protagonist wore a red jacket.

This is all I remember from this game, which I've been looking for so long.
I don't know about the blue screen with Moonlight Sonata 'cause I never got the top, but that sounds a lot like Azure Dreams [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyww26kJkZo]. It definitely has the tower buried in the desert, the red jacket, and the spell orbs. =)