Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Mesca

May 6, 2010
Rikijarden said:
I remeber a game for playstation 1, and it was either a ninja or a samurai. You could run along roofs and kill people. One of the bosses was a buddha or was infront of a buddha, i think it was the first boss. and the last level was like a massive cave and it had lava in there. you had to save your family but they get out of the cave and the rocks fall on you haha. sorry for the bad grammar and all that but i really want to play this game, i always remember my next door nabour playing it infront of me. i think it came out around the time of ctr crash team racing.
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. Good times were had.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
animekenobi said:
Vault101 said:
Ok heres a challenge

this one I played on windows 95/98

It was an educational game, I think encyclopedia might have been in the title

it was one where you would go to different parts of the world and click on things

anyway your guide or main charachter was essentially a space frog, he wore a bubble like space helmet and had a lily pad shaped flying platform which was like a space segway (that could fly)

you could also go to his space ship, theres one thign I remeber where there was a song about the planets that went "Mercury now is the one...closest to the shining sun!" thats all I can remember from the song

now figure that one out

DUDE, I'M LOOKING FOR THAT GAME RIGHT NOW! Let me see if I can help you. The frog's name was Tad. At the beginning, he always said, "You can call me Tad."
You went to different habitats to see different animals. Like the farm had a pig and a cat. There was also the arctic as one of the habitats. I hope I figure it out soon! Oh, the song went like this:
Mercury now is the one closest to the shining sun. Venus, Earth, and then comes Mars, orbiting that burning star.... something about Jupiter and Saturn that I don't remember... Uranus is blue and green, it's COLD and minus 553 degrees! Neptune is the blue-ish one, it's atmosphere is hydrogen!.. and then something about Pluto.
Good luck!
yes! that sounds right, cant belive somone remembers it (and the song as well)

it was similar to anotherone I would play called "dangerous creatures" not the same game obviously but they were very similar

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
I remember a double dragon style beat 'em up with swords and street gangs. It was for the NES, no clue what the name of that game is though.

=/

MrTeles

Aug 17, 2010
OK so it was a PC game, where you could play co-op. It was a shooter where you played a Marine (i think) and the view was from "the top". You had several weapons that you could pick up and the goal was basically last as long as you could while waves of "bugs" (or aliens?) came one after another. I believe it had a name like "swarm" or something...

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Two games I'm trying to remember:

1. A top-down (or isometric) shooter where you play as 1 (or 2) people who've entered this sort of maze/arena thing to kill loads of goons/robots for money.

2. It's a top-down game where you play as a ship in an asteroid field and you have to gather crystals and kill worker ships who are trying to build some sort of Death Star robot.

Lou201090

Jul 14, 2011
Just wondering if anyone can help me.. Trying to remember and find a game i can vaigly remember.

All i can remember is it was for the ps1 and it was about early 90's/mid 90's i played it.

It was a game about either a wizard or magician medieval thing and i can only remember one scene from it thatwas of the wizard thing waking up in bed and something to do with potions or something?? Cant really remember much :(

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
I remember playing this one game. I think it was called XLR or something, maybe XR3 or something along those lines. Where you were in some sort of ship, and the first level took place on Earth. When the boss appeared you were trapped in this large box with him and had to fly around the box shooting at him.

I remember one level took place on Mars if I remember correctly...

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
saladin417 said:
ok so here goes i made an account just to find this game , ill try to discribe as best i can, the game was from the 90's and i played it on a copy CD my friends dad got from hongkong, the game was in english, you had to build a base and research to upgrade, i remember researching hydroponics, there was a large research tec tree, the main map layout was kind of like risk to attack another city/planet you had to fill your pods with your men and attack, i think you had a choice of what alian races you could be, in your base you would build defence towers ect. if i remember anything else that might help ill let you know. its was a great game and very addective.
Going out on a limb...Deadlock : Planetary Conquest?

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Some Super Nintendo game that was a top down shooter that had 2 player co-op. I know you won money as you went through the game and after every level, you could upgrade your character with the money. I don't remember much else about it though. But I have scoured the net looking for it. Would be awesome to get it again.

Another one was on Sega where you played as a wizard and it was a dungeon crawler. When you encountered enemies it went to a black screen with you and the monster and you had so many seconds to do certain button combos as attacks and either you would die or the monster would. The only thing I knew how to do was make the monster's head explode.

Seth Vox

Jul 14, 2011
This is killing me Please help me

Bear with me here:

Old PC game where you had like an indian tribe that you controlled and there were other tribes and maybe they came to attack you or vice versa I can't remember, but I do remember that you had like lightning bolt powers and tornado powers and you had to kill them or something? lol I know it is so vague but its just how my memory is. I believe you could build towers as well?

Please let me know

mandiibug

Jul 21, 2011
There was this game on the computer, and you worked at a fashion office. you could talk to people, go to the vending machine, or work at your desk. you got to go to the bar with coworkers or go shopping, etc. i cannot remember the name of it, and i loved that game!

jjjonesy27

Jul 2, 2011
mine was for the ps1, it was an overhead shooter and you play as this marine, and you have to fight through hordes of zombies and mutants and such. i cant remember what its called

Forgetful Emm

Jul 26, 2011
I remember playing a game in my brothers room but can't remember the name or the console it was on >< It would most likely be on the dreamcast, PS1 or PS2.
It was a fantasy game about a teenage girl who has a strange pet which I think was a really furry bear thing, might of been yellow but I'm not completely sure. She lives a normal life at the beginning of the game and then wakes up one morning and everything has changed, people are missing and she ends up travelling into a dream world. I remember having to fight strange creatures along the way to get back home. Oh i just remembered at the beginning of game, her normal day routine is going to some sort of gym where she does fight training. It might of been a Japanese game.
If anyone knows the game title then you're a genius because that was the worst description ever :')

anglzndmns

Aug 3, 2011
Hello! I'm looking for an older PC game. It was a ship shooter that allowed you to switch views between first and third person. You could go any direction to fly. The objective was to go around to different worlds and eliminate the enemy presence. Some worlds were city based, rural, one was underwater. Never actually went into space, just on the worlds. Usually a boss fight at the end of every level. I seem to recall there were some kind of power ups >.<. I know this is a really vague description but thats why I'm having trouble finding it.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Forgetful Emm said:
I remember playing a game in my brothers room but can't remember the name or the console it was on >< It would most likely be on the dreamcast, PS1 or PS2.
It was a fantasy game about a teenage girl who has a strange pet which I think was a really furry bear thing, might of been yellow but I'm not completely sure. She lives a normal life at the beginning of the game and then wakes up one morning and everything has changed, people are missing and she ends up travelling into a dream world. I remember having to fight strange creatures along the way to get back home. Oh i just remembered at the beginning of game, her normal day routine is going to some sort of gym where she does fight training. It might of been a Japanese game.
If anyone knows the game title then you're a genius because that was the worst description ever :')
I'm prolly wrong...because the game I have in mind is not a dreamcast, PS1 or PS2 game...but the description sounds a lot like Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. It's a PC/ Xbox game from a Norwegian developer.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
kaujelek said:
Id really appreciate if any1 could tell me what the name of this game is, despite the vague details.
I think you can start either as a boy or a girl or a girl only, your like a knight and your like in this castle and you like venture off to forests or deserts/valleys fighting off monsters, you encounter griffins and i think it was giant lizards or giant turtles. You are in a group sort of like final fantasy but not the same, the game is like rpg element and in one of the plot was that you went back into your fortress or castle at night and you talk with some one and you get ambushed inside the castle and you have to escape. It was a ps1 or ps2 game i wasnt so sure, but itd mean alot to me if any1 knew the name of this game.
Suikoden II?

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Mr Restrained said:
There are these two old games which i cannot remember:
in one you were a red spider-like robot which could climb on walls, and i could never figure out the reason for the game.
the second one you were a stickfigure and the floor had cube tiles, and the tiles would move like a wave of water, and you had to evade it somehow, but i fogot everything else.
would be really helpful! thankyou
The first one is Ghost in the Shell for the PSX....the second one...no idea.

TheEggplant

Excess Ain't Rebellion
Jul 26, 2008
Serioli said:
Mid 90's a RTS game with four alien races:
Intelligent but weak guys that looked a bit like skeksi's from 'Dark crystal', some guys
that looked like gorillas or hippopotami that used to be their soldiers, some sapient
plants that used to be their slaves and some brown skinned guys that were like the
'peaceful monks' of the world and had a build similar to 'Grays/stereotype
aliens'
This is probably Warwind

ashlee1228 said:
Ok so there was a PC game in the
late 1990s, it really didn't have a point to it and you couldn't win the game. In the game
you were able to select from different room themes (ex: castle, city loft, country, etc)
and then you were able to decorate the room with items from the selected theme or any of the other themes; after you were done decorating you could make another room and so on and so on.
In the game you also had an "assistant" which you were able to interact with and could choose from several different appearance such as: dog, cat, earth, and paper clip (these were similar to the old Microsoft Word talking paper clip, no point to them, just annoying).
One more clue, I think the title had Bob in it...
Good luck!
This sounds like the Microsoft BOB interface. Not really a game. My aunt had it on her
school computer to make it easier for her students.
http://toastytech.com/guis/bob.html

Aeshi said:
Two games I'm trying to remember:
1. A top-down (or isometric) shooter where you play as 1 (or 2) people who've entered
this sort of maze/arena thing to kill loads of goons/robots for money.
2. It's a top-down game where you play as a ship in an asteroid field and you have to
gather crystals and kill worker ships who are trying to build some sort of Death Star
robot.
1. Smash TV
2. Sinistar

Savagezion said:
Another one was on Sega where you played as a wizard and it was a dungeon crawler.
When you encountered enemies it went to a black screen with you and the monster
and you had so many seconds to do certain button combos as attacks and either you
would die or the monster would. The only thing I knew how to do was make the
monster's head explode.
Pretty sure this is The Immortal

Seth Vox said:
This is killing me Please help me
Bear with me here:

Old PC game where you had like an indian tribe that you controlled and there were other tribes and maybe they came to attack you or vice versa I can't remember, but I do remember that you had like lightning bolt powers and tornado powers and you had to kill them or something? lol I know it is so vague but its just how my memory is. I believe you could build towers as well?
Please let me know
Possibly one of the old Populous games. Maybe part 3 subtitled "The Beginning."

Mine is an N.E.S. game. The player could choose one of three different planes. An F-14 Tomcat, an F-18 Hornet or a Harrier. The game would start from a third person perspective shooting down incoming fighters. If that section was survived it would switch to an isometric perspective flying around blowing up buildings.

Aug 4, 2011
There is this game where your in a village, building small huts, its kinda like a tribe. And your going to attack the opposite village, but i only played the demo and it was to hard, its like you can raise high mountains and use some kinda mage/tribe dude that does that stuff, and you can convert your workers to soldiers and there are like these stone things you can take over and get more power too, and you can choose mission and when you do that, you kinda see the whole world.

TheEggplant

Excess Ain't Rebellion
Jul 26, 2008
Marius Randomsizer Elgsaas said:
There is this game where your in a village, building small huts, its kinda like a tribe. And your going to attack the opposite village, but i only played the demo and it was to hard, its like you can raise high mountains and use some kinda mage/tribe dude that does that stuff, and you can convert your workers to soldiers and there are like these stone things you can take over and get more power too, and you can choose mission and when you do that, you kinda see the whole world.
Again, Populous. Probably 1 or 2.