Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

dopfer

May 20, 2016
Hi, in this 2 player side scrolling flash game you played as two chefs, a fat and a thin one. You could shoot ketchup and mustard as your weapons, and the first boss I remember was a huge grease blob or something like that, and the second boss threw saw blades or something.

If anyone can remember what game this is that'd be fantastic, thanks!

Canjea Alex

Dec 1, 2014
Hello.
I have 1 game that I vaguely remember and I'm desperately trying to find since I was a kid.

It was a 3D halloween-themed game in which you would play as some sort of slim devil/cat (I specifically remember the character had a devil's tail, pointy and black). You could walk, jump and I do not remember if you could kick or throw stuff. You could move throughout the map to different locations. I remember only playing in some sort of garden filled with pumpkins and halloween decorations and went in a house in that level. And everytime I wanted to exit that area and roam around the map towards other areas 2 werewolves-like creatures use to howl and come towards me and that's where I died all the time.

Would really appreciate if someone could provide its name. Thank you!

Mircea Duman

Aug 28, 2019
Hello!
I hope somebody can help me remembering this game.

It's an older PC game, but the graphics were pretty good at that time. The main character was a woman/girl, anime/cartoonish style, maybe from the police and she was fighting bad guys, had a lot of fighting combos that you would learn in time. I remember you could use guns, but the fun came from fighting and doing combos. A recent game that reminds me of that is Astral Chain Switch. The girl looks the same.

Thank you!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Canjea Alex said:
Hello.
I have 1 game that I vaguely remember and I'm desperately trying to find since I was a kid.

It was a 3D halloween-themed game in which you would play as some sort of slim devil/cat (I specifically remember the character had a devil's tail, pointy and black). You could walk, jump and I do not remember if you could kick or throw stuff. You could move throughout the map to different locations. I remember only playing in some sort of garden filled with pumpkins and halloween decorations and went in a house in that level. And everytime I wanted to exit that area and roam around the map towards other areas 2 werewolves-like creatures use to howl and come towards me and that's where I died all the time.

Would really appreciate if someone could provide its name. Thank you!
Could that have been Jersey Devil?

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Mircea Duman said:
Hello!
I hope somebody can help me remembering this game.

It's an older PC game, but the graphics were pretty good at that time. The main character was a woman/girl, anime/cartoonish style, maybe from the police and she was fighting bad guys, had a lot of fighting combos that you would learn in time. I remember you could use guns, but the fun came from fighting and doing combos. A recent game that reminds me of that is Astral Chain Switch. The girl looks the same.

Thank you!
That's Bungie's "Oni" (2001). I don't think there's an official digital download for it, but you may find it used on Amazon or for PS2.

Jacob Adsett

Aug 31, 2019
Hello, recently i've been remembering playing an old racing game at my Aunty's house around 8-12 years ago. I remember very little but the things I do remember may be helpful:

There was a 300SL Mercedes-esque car with a bee-like livery option (yellow and black stripes along the whole of the car), the lines were thin along it and at the rear turned almost circular on the car. This is the one thing I'm sure of, and might be a giveaway for some.

On the vehicle select screen the cars rotated slowly and could have their colour and livery changed in that screen.

I remember the game being very eerie and weird, but that may have just been young me being easily scared by it.

There was a track with a wide, wooden, rickety bridge. The track might have had lava under the bridge, and also had caves, but I'm not entirely sure.
I also remember driving up/down a concrete staircase but this may have been a different track.

I played this game on an HP desktop with windows 95, 98, or 2000 as it's OS. It might have been played on either a CD or a Floppy disk, I don't exactly remember.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Jacob Adsett said:
Hello, recently i've been remembering playing an old racing game at my Aunty's house around 8-12 years ago. I remember very little but the things I do remember may be helpful:

There was a 300SL Mercedes-esque car with a bee-like livery option (yellow and black stripes along the whole of the car), the lines were thin along it and at the rear turned almost circular on the car. This is the one thing I'm sure of, and might be a giveaway for some.

On the vehicle select screen the cars rotated slowly and could have their colour and livery changed in that screen.

I remember the game being very eerie and weird, but that may have just been young me being easily scared by it.

There was a track with a wide, wooden, rickety bridge. The track might have had lava under the bridge, and also had caves, but I'm not entirely sure.
I also remember driving up/down a concrete staircase but this may have been a different track.

I played this game on an HP desktop with windows 95, 98, or 2000 as it's OS. It might have been played on either a CD or a Floppy disk, I don't exactly remember.
Not sure if this will help, but here is a list of games with the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL in them.

CM Zain Crco

Sep 1, 2019
Long time ago when it is like 2003 or 2005 i went to my nephew house and i saw em playing some 3D japanese ish (actually i dont even know if it is japanese made but it sure looks anime styled) fighting game on their PC, and im having a pretty much great time playing it

For the sake of living the memories i tried looking up for the game now, but i dont know the title

The only thing that i remember is, 2 of the many playable characters, one of them is a guy using guns and his gun skill uses bullets to use, sometimes u have to use reload move to reload the bullets

the other character uses Gems, iirc many gems with different colors, and she use the gem power to fight her enemies

thats the only thing i remember, tho i do vaguely remember theres 1 character uses Black sword with shadow move (or fire move) i forgot and probably the MC

anyone that knows the title of the game can please tell me thanks

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Jacob Adsett said:

Ah, I think I remember that car from Ubisoft's "Speed Busters" (1998).

Jacob Adsett

Aug 31, 2019
RelativityMan said:
Jacob Adsett said:

Not sure if this will help, but here is a list of games with the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL in them.
Thanks for the help anyway, though. I appreciate it.
Pixelhunter said:
Jacob Adsett said:

Ah, I think I remember that car from Ubisoft's "Speed Busters" (1998).
That's the one. Thanks a ton for the help, brings back a lot of memories seeing gameplay of the game on youtube.

Jonathan Race

Sep 2, 2019
Hey all, this thread seems super useful. You guys are on fire!

The game I'm trying to remember was a PC game that I played in the late 90's.

-It seemed to be set on another planet.
-There was an overworld that acted as a level select. This overworld was a top down kinda view.
-The levels themselves were platformers. You would have to jump on ledges and shoot aliens with your laser gun.
-One of the first levels was actually the spaceship crash zone.
-I don't remember there being any colour but not sure if that was part of the game or whether I was just playing on a B&W screen.

edit : One of the first "proper" levels had a factory theme. You would jump on ledges which were conveyer belts and they moved.

I wish I could remember more, if anybody has any info or maybe any questions which might trigger any more from my mind then I'm all ears :)

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Jonathan Race said:

-There was an overworld that acted as a level select. This overworld was a top down kinda view.
-The levels themselves were platformers. You would have to jump on ledges and shoot aliens with your laser gun.
-I don't remember there being any colour but not sure if that was part of the game or whether I was just playing on a B&W screen.

edit : One of the first "proper" levels had a factory theme. You would jump on ledges which were conveyer belts and they moved.

I wish I could remember more, if anybody has any info or maybe any questions which might trigger any more from my mind then I'm all ears :)
A mario-esque overworld with individual platforming levels, that probably a game out of the "Commander Keen" series.
At least those were quite popular back then. There's seven games on PC, two trilogies (1-3, 4-6) with a non-related game (Keen Dreams) in between.
Episodes 1-5 are still available on Steam, but it's not hard to find them elsweyr.

Jonathan Race

Sep 2, 2019
OMG, got it in one!

After looking trough them it turned out to be "Commander Keen in Aliens Ate My Babysitter"

I'd completely forgotten about the pogo stick. Thanks so much for helping me find this!

Pixelhunter said:
Jonathan Race said:

A mario-esque overworld with individual platforming levels, that probably a game out of the "Commander Keen" series.
At least those were quite popular back then. There's seven games on PC, two trilogies (1-3, 4-6) with a non-related game (Keen Dreams) in between.
Episodes 1-5 are still available on Steam, but it's not hard to find them elsweyr.

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Timothy Marcoux

Sep 12, 2019
So I remember this really weird game, but I only remember a couple of scenes of it. It might have been from the mid 2000s. In one of the scenes that I remember, the main character inspects a jar of glowing blue bugs, he drops it and they crawl up his leg, after that a giant blue bug kills him. In the other scene I remember you had to prevent a kid from falling of a cliff or ground opening. Does any one know which game it might be? Edit: I found it, it's Fahrenheit: Indigo prophecy by Quantic Dream. There's no jar though, only blue bugs, and the kid falls into some ice in the park.

Enrico Paolini

Sep 18, 2019
Hi! I'm looking for an old PC game (not sure if Windows or DOS, but I'd lean towards Windows) I used to play when I was a kid; I don't remember an exact time frame, but I would say somewhere in the 90s. It had 3D graphics and it was in third person (I couldn't swear to it, but I seem to remember it had fixed camera angles not unlike Resident Evil). It looked awesome when I was a kid, but if I had to guess right now, I'd say the graphical quality was probably on the level of the first Resident Evil too. Unfortunately I don't remember whether the backgrounds were fully 3D or still images.

It had something like a mediaeval Europe setting, though I don't remember much else about it. The level I remember most (which I think was the beginning of the game, but I can't be sure) was a jail or prison of some kind, I seem to remember some hay in a corner, and the whole thing was very dark and bluish (not much help, I know). The main character was a man (I'm not sure about his looks, but I'm tempted to say he had brown hair and was dressed in blue himself), and his weapon was a sword or something very much like it. His movement was controlled with the arrow keys (or perhaps with WASD, but the arrow keys seem more likely), though I don't remember whether it was tank controls or not. I do remember that I found it quite hard as a kid and I frequently died to an enemy in the jail cell, but the difficilty was probably only due to my being young, as I remember having my mum kill the guy for me, which she did without much of a problem.

Unfortunately I can't quite pinpoint the genre of the game, but from what I remember it didn't have much in the way of an HUD and it didn't have stats, so it probably wasn't an RPG. From what little I remember, I would say it played somewhat like Alone in the Dark or the first Resident Evil, though without guns (obviously, considering the setting) and without horror elements.

I know it's very vague, but I've been racking my brain over this for at least ten years, so I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Enrico Paolini said:
Hi! I'm looking for an old PC game (not sure if Windows or DOS, but I'd lean towards Windows) I used to play when I was a kid; I don't remember an exact time frame, but I would say somewhere in the 90s. It had 3D graphics and it was in third person (I couldn't swear to it, but I seem to remember it had fixed camera angles not unlike Resident Evil). It looked awesome when I was a kid, but if I had to guess right now, I'd say the graphical quality was probably on the level of the first Resident Evil too. Unfortunately I don't remember whether the backgrounds were fully 3D or still images.

It had something like a mediaeval Europe setting, though I don't remember much else about it. The level I remember most (which I think was the beginning of the game, but I can't be sure) was a jail or prison of some kind, I seem to remember some hay in a corner, and the whole thing was very dark and bluish (not much help, I know). The main character was a man (I'm not sure about his looks, but I'm tempted to say he had brown hair and was dressed in blue himself), and his weapon was a sword or something very much like it. His movement was controlled with the arrow keys (or perhaps with WASD, but the arrow keys seem more likely), though I don't remember whether it was tank controls or not. I do remember that I found it quite hard as a kid and I frequently died to an enemy in the jail cell, but the difficilty was probably only due to my being young, as I remember having my mum kill the guy for me, which she did without much of a problem.

Unfortunately I can't quite pinpoint the genre of the game, but from what I remember it didn't have much in the way of an HUD and it didn't have stats, so it probably wasn't an RPG. From what little I remember, I would say it played somewhat like Alone in the Dark or the first Resident Evil, though without guns (obviously, considering the setting) and without horror elements.

I know it's very vague, but I've been racking my brain over this for at least ten years, so I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions!
Could that have been Ecstatica?

Enrico Paolini

Sep 18, 2019
RelativityMan said:
Could that have been Ecstatica?
Thank you for the answer! I think it is indeed Ecstatica 2.

Truth be told, I chanced upon the name of Ecstatica 2 a few hours after posting my query, and a lot of things looked right (the bluish area with hay, the graphics, etc. etc.), but some of them looked somewhat wrong (I remembered the enemies being humans, not monster, though I'm not sure; and I remembered the 'jail' area being the starting one, which it isn't in the actual game, I had no recollection of the brighter areas, and a few other small incongruities of the sort). So, basically, I was kind of convinced that it must have been Ecstatica 2, but something didn't quite click.

Then I thought to look for the demo version of the game, and lo and behold, the demo version begins in the 'jail' area, you never visit the bright external ones I had no memories of, and you get teleported to another room which looked rather familiar, so that solved a major problem I had. There were still a few minor things which felt slightly out of place, but when I showed the demo video to my mum she remembered it, so I think there's no doubt that what I played as a kid was indeed Ecstatica 2 demo version, and my memory of it was just slightly distorted by time.

Sorry for the long post again, and thank you very much! =)

Arthur Scott

Sep 24, 2019
So I joined here to see if anyone could help me figure this out....

There are two games that I've been trying to remember the names of for ages, but no matter how much I try, I can't find anything

1. The first game was a CD ROM game. I played it in the mid-2000s (think around 2003-2006). What I remember was that it was sort of a point and click mystery game. It had sort of a hubworld that was inside of an office. In order to pick what case you wanted, I think you went to a file cabinet and picked folders from the cabinet. One part that I remember is that you had to go around interrogating different people. When you talked to them, you had this sidebar on the left of the screen with a bunch of different foods and drinks to give them depending on what they wanted in order to get information from them (things like a can of soda, a cup of tea, pizza, and a hamburger are what I think I remember.) They were all human characters, and the artstyle was 2D and cartoony.

2. Another CD-ROM game. I got it from my Kindergarten Teacher in 2005, but I'm pretty sure the game was made in the 90s. When you started up the game, you would be inside of a tree-house. a greenscreened actor wearing a bee costume would appear and give you an introduction to the game. The bee had a high pitched voice, a big red nose, and wore white gloves. When you got into the game, you were able to create your own story books. The writing screen was framed inside of a brown book with the textbox on the left. You could also add drawings, stickers, animated pictures, and sounds to your book.

Do these sound familiar to anyone? Please let me know.

Kazoo212

Aug 31, 2019
I remember playing/watching someone play a very strange flash game that was on Newgrounds a while ago. I remember a lot about it, so it shouldn't be too hard to find, I hope.
I am pretty sure that you would play as Tom Fulp (no joke) and you would ride on some elevator. Every time you went down on the elevator, you got a new weapon. You would go around and smack up enemies with the weapon that you got, and I remember that there was even a "Badger Badger Badger" kinda level on it somewhere, which just shows how stupid this game was.
I was talking with a friend earlier and we both remember playing this, so I know it exists somewhere.