Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Patrick Postma said:
Please help me! I played a point and click PC-game like Freddi Fish and Pyjama Sam but it was in a house with monsters. You play with a small character and you can search for items just like in Freddi Fish. I guess the character you play as is a monster of a boy.
That's all I remember.
Please help!

Anyone?? I've posted this also on 7 march 2018 and now its 29 june 2019
Could that have been one of the games based on Mercer Mayer characters?

Another possibility is Math Blaster Mystery: The Great Brain Robbery, which unlike other Math Blaster games, is not sci-fi themed.

xbunx

Jan 5, 2018
platform: pc (cd rom)

release date: ~1997-2002 (more or less)

art style: zumbinis, pajama sam

it's not by simon & schuster, scholastic, or jumpstart. it is not zumbinis, bugdom, jungle with buzzy, or reader rabbit.

i am currently offering a cash reward if someone finds what i'm talking about.

it was about a camp with bug people and you had to complete various minigames throughout the park in order to complete the game.

the specific things i remember is that it started out with a door and it prompted to type your name into a sign on the door. when you finished the door would open to a boy's bedroom. you walk in and notice an open picture book by the bed. you jump into the book and find yourself at a camp. the director (who i remember to be a light blue bug/beetle) introduces you.

when you complete all the minigames the director calls for every camp member to participate in a game of hide and seek, and he says the phrase "olly olly oxen free".

Akpareek4

Dec 5, 2017
Hello,I recently remembered a game that I have played over 10 years ago now, so if anyone could help me find it,that would mean so much to me.
Anyway,so about the game,I went and checked around some of the sites that have data on all existing games and haven't really managed to find the game.
Here's the jist of it:

-THE MAIN THING THAT COULD HELP THE MOST:it starts of by showing a young(teen) boy and a girl in some park maybe,then some thugs-aliens show up and kidnap the girl,so the main thing of the game is that you take the role of a young boy who is on a quest to save his grilfriend

-I know there were multiple levels that had different scenery,I know there was a forest,a desert and the last level was on the alien spaceship,and once the final boss was defeated the boy runs to the girl who says ?My Hero?and then the game ends with them being in a park again
-it is a 2D,maybe 2.5D Platformer that is Singleplayer only
-the other genre could be either Adventure,Action or Sci-Fi most likely
-at the time,we had our old computer which ran Windows XP so it is at least supported by that old system
-I remember the view being side screen,the character wasn't too close to the screen and you could see things in the level that were like under him if he was standing on a platform
-I'm certain that he had some things that he could collect,like coins/stars/gems,I don't really remember what it was but I know it was a thing
-the enemies were possibly some wild animals,maybe some bizzare creatures,same thing I don't know exactly but I know it was a thing.

this game started with a story telling using photos , and after the girl gets abducted , we had to rescue her, there were various type of enemies, including crows .
there were monkeys who used to come out of trees and used to throw pebbles at us , and there were turtles in water , we could jump on them and pass the water.
and when the level used to finish there was a platform a ring type thing , where the level ended and new level started with a similar portal from which we used to come out.
moreover there was forest in first level ,and there were underground locations more like caves , it was a beautiful game by the way , not a shitty one.

I'm looking for the same game please somebody help .

Moh Amed Lamine

May 18, 2019
Pixelhunter said:
Moh Amed Lamine said:
[...]
thank you so much for the first game it is broken sword 2
to answer your question im not sure if it was ASCII or pixeled but it was not a text adventure like zork, the game gives you clues i think or evidence and you had to find the thein there was an animation of the theif with his aht and mask carrying his bag and walking on tiptoes its hard for you to find but thanks anyway
Mmh, I just remembered, maybe it was one of the "Carmen Sandiego" games. Like "Where in the World/USA/Europe/Time is Carmen Sandiego".
Each time you got closer to the thief/robber by answering/choosing correctly, eventually it would play that aforementioned animation.
sorry for late post but thank you very much sir you are the best

Rob Laser

May 8, 2019
Rob Laser said:
Hey guys, I've been looking for a game for several years now, can't find a trace of it anywhere:

I used to play it on my grandfathers PC, must have been sometime in the 90s. Probably Win95, maybe even Win98 PC.
It was a 2D platform/jump'n'run game, where the main character was a ninja sort of guy. I'm thinking red suit and black hair, but might have been different. The screen did not scroll, but you would rather leave the screen on the right and enter the next screen on the left.
I never played very far in the game, but in the beginning I think you would walk through a castle. I remember that you could fight knights and enter caves (or maybe cellars) through doors, in which you were attacked by bats as well. There was some kind of special move, a karate-style jump kick where the character would shout "hi-ya!". There was a health bar at the top of the screen which consisted of quite a lot of little vertical bars, which depleted for taking damage from right to left. Every time the character took damage there was this loud buzzing noise.

Does this ring any bells? Thanks a lot!
Does anyone have a clue? This has been bugging me for years now, not kidding... I keep coming back here to check if anyone answered yet. Any advice would be great!

Korija2029

Jun 5, 2017
I remember playing doom like fps with really wierd weapons and buglike enemies.
Your basic weapon was yellow fireball shooting claw.

Mar 30, 2010
Rob Laser said:
Rob Laser said:
Hey guys, I've been looking for a game for several years now, can't find a trace of it anywhere:

I used to play it on my grandfathers PC, must have been sometime in the 90s. Probably Win95, maybe even Win98 PC.
It was a 2D platform/jump'n'run game, where the main character was a ninja sort of guy. I'm thinking red suit and black hair, but might have been different. The screen did not scroll, but you would rather leave the screen on the right and enter the next screen on the left.
I never played very far in the game, but in the beginning I think you would walk through a castle. I remember that you could fight knights and enter caves (or maybe cellars) through doors, in which you were attacked by bats as well. There was some kind of special move, a karate-style jump kick where the character would shout "hi-ya!". There was a health bar at the top of the screen which consisted of quite a lot of little vertical bars, which depleted for taking damage from right to left. Every time the character took damage there was this loud buzzing noise.

Does this ring any bells? Thanks a lot!
Does anyone have a clue? This has been bugging me for years now, not kidding... I keep coming back here to check if anyone answered yet. Any advice would be great!
Sounds like Shinobi to me. The Amiga, C64, ZX Spectrum and PC versions of the game all had wildly different graphics, but Shinobi played in the way you've described.

Korija2029

Jun 5, 2017
Julius Benter said:
Hi.

I was looking for a good RTS game when it crosses in my mind that. Back in 2005 or up.
I was playing a game that it's like Age of Empire but the races you can choose was Human, Beast/minotaurs, and undead. And probably more. But the key feature of this games that's why I want to play it again was, You can build a colossal titan unit which you can control. And each races have their own unique colossal titan. If anyone knows this game. I would really appreciate it.
Warlords Battlecry series
Now thats gold!

Jekic Danijel

Apr 1, 2018
I can remember of just one mission. Character that u r playing is a women. It's a 1st person game. This mission is in town that looks like it's from japan. U can carry a katana and if i remember corectly shurikens. U can also carry the normal guns. I also remember one more mision but this one is outside and it's winter. U can carry ak 47 and u can place traps for bears and enemys can stand on that trap and u can also ride a snowmobile

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Jekic Danijel said:
I can remember of just one mission. Character that u r playing is a women. It's a 1st person game. This mission is in town that looks like it's from japan. U can carry a katana and if i remember corectly shurikens. U can also carry the normal guns. I also remember one more mision but this one is outside and it's winter. U can carry ak 47 and u can place traps for bears and enemys can stand on that trap and u can also ride a snowmobile
That is probably No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way.

tobychew

Apr 30, 2018
tobychew said:
There is an old game I use to play back in the 90's that I thought was called the search for the big bang but when I google it nothing comes up from what I remember is you start out in space and nearby is a planet when you land on it and get out there is an alien that gives you a currency called a cred and asks you to some kind of meat at a butcher and not to get it at a space station nearby. Just to test it out I went to the space station and not the butcher and got the meat. went back to the alien and the alien knew I went to the space station and got a game over screen. So started over and this time went to the butcher to get the meat and got an item from the alien.i'm probably butchering the name of the meat but it was called marfulo meat
Anyone know what this game is been wanting to know for years. if it helps its a game you had to search for stuff if you found the right item you would progress to the next area its a sci fi game the point of the game was to find a ship

Phuong Tran

Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a PC game which was released around 2002 - 2008. Because it's been too long ago since I last played the game so I could only remember some minor details of it. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me to find this game:

1> It was a RPG game, main character is a swordman (?) who could use magic. The game set in a medieval era or something. The graphic was just like Diablo 2 with birds-eye view, action RPG. I'm not quite sure about the story but it looks like it was the common storylike: A man on his journey to destroy the evil (monsters, demons and alike since I remember encoutering some ghosts at the beginning)

2> The battle system was turn-based. In a battle, the graphic would switch from 2.5d-Diablo2-like to pure 2d with the screen was seperated into 2 parts: above and below (the above screen is slighty larger than the other iirc) and some background animation like lightning, rain, etc. There was one thing that I could remember from the battle system was the magic/skill system. The magic/skill would be displayed into 5-6 cards which were aligned into a straight row on the below screen and they had a grey or brown-ish color. The skill cards would be either faced-up or faced-down depends on how many skills the character-in-control had. There was one unique function I could recall that the skills could be combined by using 2 (or more?) skills which would result in a stronger damage dealt to the enemies. It was something kind of similar to this image

3> There was also a minor detail in the game that when the main character managed to form a group of 2 people (?) and went to a rainy forest at night. From then, based on the walkthrough I read at that time, the game provided with 2 options for me to choose between going to route A and B. If I chose route A, a female party member would coincidently encounter the person who she thought that had killed her brother and quickly engaged into a battle with that person. The result was that she would die after the battle because she was weak (duh!). If I chose route B, nothing would happen to her since she didn't see that person.

Please help me to find this game if you could. Thank you so much!

Casey Downs

Jul 16, 2019
Chase Hunley said:
System: Windows, the game was on disc

Genre:Music

Date: 2002-2005

Graphics:kind of like insaniquarium, not pixel but a clear

Characters: Trumpet looking guy, and a flute looking guy

Point of the game: What you did in the game was you had multiple monsters that looked like instruments, they were pretty small but as you clicked on one each one made a different noise (flute made flute sound, trumpet made trumpet sound, etc) the game was pretty creepy as i recall, i think a black background and monsters at the bottom and maybe a side bar that had different stuff

Played on an old windows XP computer when I was 4-6, now i'm 16 :p

Jump Start: Music

enjoy

Mae Meheh Izayoi

Jul 17, 2019
you shoot modern enemies from some sort of a bunker, first mission is infantries then as you go on.. there will be troop transports, tank.. and the enemy i can remember vividly is Starfighter plane. you can swap weapons from MG to heavy weaponry. there's also index of enemies in the game if i can remember.. pls help

Cosme Felinito

May 22, 2019
Mae Meheh Izayoi said:
you shoot modern enemies from some sort of a bunker, first mission is infantries then as you go on.. there will be troop transports, tank.. and the enemy i can remember vividly is Starfighter plane. you can swap weapons from MG to heavy weaponry. there's also index of enemies in the game if i can remember.. pls help
sounds a bit like Beach Head series

tobychew

Apr 30, 2018
tobychew said:
tobychew said:
There is an old game I use to play back in the 90's that I thought was called the search for the big bang but when I google it nothing comes up from what I remember is you start out in space and nearby is a planet when you land on it and get out there is an alien that gives you a currency called a cred and asks you to some kind of meat at a butcher and not to get it at a space station nearby. Just to test it out I went to the space station and not the butcher and got the meat. went back to the alien and the alien knew I went to the space station and got a game over screen. So started over and this time went to the butcher to get the meat and got an item from the alien.i'm probably butchering the name of the meat but it was called marfulo meat
Anyone know what this game is been wanting to know for years. if it helps its a game you had to search for stuff if you found the right item you would progress to the next area its a sci fi game the point of the game was to find a ship
The name of the game is Deadalus Encounter

Daelda

Apr 6, 2010
One of the very first games I ever played was on the TRS-80 (trash-80, as we called it). The game was about saving the people of Atlantis. You had to assign your people to different tasks, which they would need to complete before the volcano erupted. You could assign people to either build a giant dome over the city, gather food, and/or build boats. If you built boats, you would need enough boats and food to survive the journey to safety. If you built a dome, you would need enough food to survive the eruption, but the dome would protect the city (IIRC). The amount of time you had to do so was random (after a base amount I believe). I have no idea what the game was called. This was back in the 1980's.

Anyone have a clue what it was called or any information on it? I've always been curious about it.

Joel Sahlin

Jul 19, 2019
Hi everyone!

I am looking for a ps1 game in which you fly around in some sort of ship (3rd person) and save people who will then build your base.

I think the intro scene was a meteor crashing on your planet and a bunch of aliens came out, which I belive was the enemies of the game.